Crius light and SE regular acc calibration

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Ausi1972

Post by Ausi1972 »

I have found that with the Crius SE and Light using the 2.1 software I have to re-calibrate the acc very regular.
Once it is calibrated the quads fly super stable. However after a couple of flights (switching batteries) I find I have to re-calibrate the accelerometer again to get it to fly level.

Does anyone else see this problem?

PS I also have a HobbyKing KK2 board (with the built on LCD) running a modded 1.2 firmware so the stable mode works properly and it too is having the same problem.

pm1

Re: Crius light and SE regular acc calibration

Post by pm1 »

Ausi1972 wrote:Does anyone else see this problem?

Yes, if I forget to make a manual *gyro* calibration after power on. It happens, that I move the copter after plugging in the battery. If you fly in level mode all the time this looks then as if acc is not calibrated....

Ausi1972

Post by Ausi1972 »

Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Would be great to have it so that once the Acc is calibrated it keeps those settings forever unless you re-calibrate or trim manually.

pm1

Post by pm1 »

The calibration *is* kept forever! I never heard of a known problem here. Are you sure, that you didn't run into the problem I described? Here the reason is, gyro has auto-calibration at power on. This calibration only works correctly, if the copter is *not* moved while calibration.

Ausi1972

Post by Ausi1972 »

Ahh I see, so I should plug power into the quad then make sure it is not moved for say 5 seconds to let the board boot and gyros calibrate.

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

Or if you move, simply press the reset button. Or use sticks to calibrate gyro with throttle at lower left and pitch at min (the stick combination for v2.1). The calibration takes about 1 second.

pm1

Post by pm1 »

Ausi1972 wrote:Ahh I see, so I should plug power into the quad then make sure it is not moved for say 5 seconds to let the board boot and gyros calibrate.

I calibrate the gyro with the sticks just before arming after every power on. As doughboy says, it is done within seconds...

Ausi1972

Post by Ausi1972 »

Fantastic cheers guys. I'll give that a go.

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

You will know it is working when the ARM light blinks and if you have a buzzer, it will beep when complete.