Add RTH as Fail safe

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
tasospap

Add RTH as Fail safe

Post by tasospap »

Good evening to all i like to ask if i can add RTH (return to home) as fail safe mode .I have a Crius MWC with v 2.1 loaded .
Thanks and sorry for my bad English

Hamburger

Re: Add RTH as Fail safe

Post by Hamburger »

sorry, you want to write code for it?
Or you ask if code is already there and how do you activate and use it?

Code does not exist.
It was discussed recently here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2183&start=0

tasospap

Post by tasospap »

Thanks for the answer . I ask if there is a code exists

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

Hello,
there is no code to directly connect those (ALT. HOLD, GPS RTH., FAILSAFE in the end) functions into working RTH failsafe.... ...but with some receivers (eg. SPEKTRUM), you can probably hack together configuration that activate RTH when signal is lost.
Spektrum receivers have (at least) two modes of binding in which they will "remember" bind time switches.

Or you can fly around with active RTH. + ALT. HOLD and enable PatrikE's AP_MODE in code and when you release sticks (lost signal) multi will return to home.

Disclaimer: Those are only ideas and were not tested.

Safe flying!
Andrej

Mis

Post by Mis »

Inteligent failsafe code exist, and really work well, but is not official because some people insist that it is dangerous and someone will hit the copter with the engine turned off instead of waiting until he returned home at designed height from start point and land (like DJI Naza style FailSafe).
This work only on Mega2560 boards...

bartwaw

Post by bartwaw »

Mis,
Not only on 2560 boards ;) you forgot about STM32.

And how Mis wrote the FS works and does it well.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Mis wrote:Inteligent failsafe code exist, and really work well, but is not official because some people insist that it is dangerous and someone will hit

why, if it is optional and does not complicate the current simple failsafe, then go ahead and add it.

tasospap

Post by tasospap »

I like to use my Crius MWC for FPV plane .And i like if lost singal to enable RTH , so i can controle it again .

Mis

Post by Mis »

My failsafe code is designed for multicopters only, not for plane / flying wings.
Hamburger:
Yes, this is optional function and can be enabled/disabled via #define. If disabled, the oryginal failsafe code is used.
Some video from FIRST test of first failsave implementation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElgDAdtcP6M. Now work better.

justk1w1

Post by justk1w1 »

Mis,

Can you please provide a link or tell me where I can find your fail safe code.

Thanks

Shogun

Post by Shogun »

crashlander wrote:... Spektrum receivers have (at least) two modes of binding in which they will "remember" bind time switches ...

The truth is, most of the spektrum receivers have only one binding mode and no acceptable failsafe. They call it "smart safe". The receiver remembers bind throttle but leaves all other channels in the last known position. I do not know what this "smart safe" shall be good for.

If you want to have a spektrum with 2 binding modes and full fail safe then carefully check the manual before you buy. After lost money for 2 or 3 trash receivers I bought the AR9010-X. Its an excellent receiver but very expensive. As always: You get what you pay for!