Closed: Can not reproduce. Crius AIO + serial GPS problems

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
crashlander

Closed: Can not reproduce. Crius AIO + serial GPS problems

Post by crashlander »

Hello,
today (and probably 2 days ago on r1019 also) I was biten by the same bug than in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=649&p=17888&hilit=violently+gps#p17821 under 2.
Short version when I tried to fly with PH ON, after a while multi shuts down in midair. That is the same behavior as with 0622 dev release.
But today I was flying Crius AIO (Mega 2560), serial UBLOX NEO5 gps with UBLOX binary parser and r1058 from _shared, I was also testing HORIZON mode (but the SW (an also HW) :) crash occurred with PH mode).

Regards Andrej
Last edited by crashlander on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexinparis

Re: Crius AIO + serial GPS problems

Post by Alexinparis »

I must admit I recently had a similar issue.
It was on a mega board with a serial GPS connected (flyduino mega+GPS BOB and NMEA sentences)
It wasn't with GPS PH or RTH activated. And failsafe was not activated.
I tend to suspect a power problem somewhere. The board uses the power from one ESC BEC.
I see nothing in the code that could explain this for the moment.

If it were a bug in the code leading to freeze the FC, the last hardware PWM order should stay, and it's not the case here.

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

Hello,
the strange thing is that those (my) boards (Crius SE and AIO) have many tenths of problem free flights (on SE before and after) in exactly same configuration, but without mistakenly or intentional PH enabled during normal flight (stick command input).

Regards Andrej

flyrobot

Post by flyrobot »

Alexinparis wrote:I must admit I recently had a similar issue.
It was on a mega board with a serial GPS connected (flyduino mega+GPS BOB and NMEA sentences)
It wasn't with GPS PH or RTH activated. And failsafe was not activated.
I tend to suspect a power problem somewhere. The board uses the power from one ESC BEC.
I see nothing in the code that could explain this for the moment.

If it were a bug in the code leading to freeze the FC, the last hardware PWM order should stay, and it's not the case here.

Hi Alex,

What ESC do you use?

John

dramida

Post by dramida »

Crius AIO mega FC board has an yellow jumper witch selects the power source for atmega processor between ESC linear regulator and external power. I recommand to use some other power supply rather than ESC BEC, moreover if you are using servos from the same 5V ine.

crashlander

Re: Closed: Can not reproduce. Crius AIO + serial GPS proble

Post by crashlander »

Today I tested extensively, flying couple of packs only in PH and RTH mode and fight multi on his attempts to hold position or return to home.
I was unable to reproduce the SW crash (or board reset). But it was funny experience to fly and fight multi on its RTH attempts to yaw and escape towards home... :)

Regards Andrej