MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi.
I just created a project on crowdin.net to simplify the translation process.
So if you want to see your language in this app please go to
http://crowdin.net/project/multiwii-ez-gui
and translate

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby dramida » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 am

+1
User avatar
dramida
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Bucharest

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Leon11t » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 am

Hi ezio. I revised the your latest changes made ​​to the Crowdin for the Ukrainian and Russian languages. They are not true! This is the "literal" translation does not match the actual value. Turn old translation please.
User avatar
Leon11t
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am

Leon11t wrote:Hi ezio. I revised the your latest changes made ​​to the Crowdin for the Ukrainian and Russian languages. They are not true! This is the "literal" translation does not match the actual value. Turn old translation please.


maybe you are right. I put the old version. So send me pull request as always if you have new file.
Thanks


Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Leon11t » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Ok. I will work on it.
User avatar
Leon11t
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 am

ezio wrote:
dramida wrote:Hi eizo, i really like your android aplication, it helped me so much these days.
What do you think about a feature like: put 3 secconds your finger on the Google map, enter an altitude, press execute, and the copter goes twards that point if you turn on "GPS Home"

One of my customers needs aerial photos each time from the same position. same altitude, to monitor the building progress.

Could that be more useful than follow me with curent implementation?


this is very good idea. I think it can be done.

Bart


It finally has been done.
Update will be available in few hours.
There is a lot of new features as well as some clean up. Not everything was tested. So if something doesn't work let me know.

Bart
Attachments
device-2013-01-21-010048.png
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Could someone test if setting home position from the map actually works ?
Also if home position and hold position are displayed correctly on the map ?
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby jpeti29 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 am

Can somebody help me? I can't connect to my linvor BT modul (v1.5) with my xperia U phone which is runing on Android 4.0.4. The phone find the modul, ask the pairing code, but then refuse to connect. The modul works fine with my notebook. It speed is set to 115200 BAUD rate.

What could be the problem?
jpeti29
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Hungary

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Jantar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

Bluetooth should be a SLAVE, then this works fine.
You probably have a MASTER.
Jantar
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby jpeti29 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Jantar wrote:Bluetooth should be a SLAVE, then this works fine.
You probably have a MASTER.

At Linvor 1.5 AKA HC06 you can't set Master or Slave. The AT+ROLE command make no respond. It is a slave device.It works with PC fine, but the phone can't connect
jpeti29
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Hungary

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Jantar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm

You can not easily change the Bluetooth module of the Master to Slave.
Descriptions of how to do the network can be found.
It is easier to buy a set of factory module.
Select a module of an Internet address:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40
Jantar
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby jpeti29 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm

We are talking about this modult:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stable-Bluetoot ... 2579ad8cdd
I think this is a slave one. Is there any way to find out? and if it realy a slave, than what can be the problem? Long ago it worked with an xperia pro mini (android 2.1)
jpeti29
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Hungary

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Alexinparis » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 am

ezio wrote:Could someone test if setting home position from the map actually works ?
Also if home position and hold position are displayed correctly on the map ?


Hi,

It's absolutely fantastic :)
Everything seems to work as expected on my desk.
(with a galaxy S2 + custom 4.2 ROM + crius BT)
I hope I will be able do to some real tests on the field this WE.

The MAP view is a piece of art.
HOME position is fine updated, exactly where you click on the map.
POS HOLD position is also fine displayed, exactly where you decide to activate it.
Both are correctly polled via MSP, fine.
(just one note: the P continues to be displayed even when POS HOLD is deactivated. I think the display of P should be correlated with POS HOLD status)

A small other note: in dashboard 2, the unit of distance to home is in meter

In GPS view, I see there are now GPS data from the phone.
Just for curiosity, and to evaluate the GPS accuracy, would it be possible to graph its position on the MAP too ?

I tested also (on the desk only): Follow me and inject GPS.
They all seem to work. (around 1 refresh per second, but not steady)
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 am

Alexinparis wrote:
ezio wrote:Could someone test if setting home position from the map actually works ?
Also if home position and hold position are displayed correctly on the map ?


Hi,

It's absolutely fantastic :)
Everything seems to work as expected on my desk.
(with a galaxy S2 + custom 4.2 ROM + crius BT)
I hope I will be able do to some real tests on the field this WE.

The MAP view is a piece of art.
HOME position is fine updated, exactly where you click on the map.
POS HOLD position is also fine displayed, exactly where you decide to activate it.
Both are correctly polled via MSP, fine.
(just one note: the P continues to be displayed even when POS HOLD is deactivated. I think the display of P should be correlated with POS HOLD status)

A small other note: in dashboard 2, the unit of distance to home is in meter

In GPS view, I see there are now GPS data from the phone.
Just for curiosity, and to evaluate the GPS accuracy, would it be possible to graph its position on the MAP too ?

I tested also (on the desk only): Follow me and inject GPS.
They all seem to work. (around 1 refresh per second, but not steady)


Thanks Alex for this good news :)

-A small other note: in dashboard 2, the unit of distance to home is in meter
I will change it in next release

-Just for curiosity, and to evaluate the GPS accuracy, would it be possible to graph its position on the MAP too ?
The phone position is also displayed on the map:
device-2013-01-23-005554.png


-(just one note: the P continues to be displayed even when POS HOLD is deactivated. I think the display of P should be correlated with POS HOLD status)
yea this is good idea. I thought about it. I haven't have a time to implement this. Maybe next time.


-(around 1 refresh per second, but not steady)
Position is send only if needed. If phone's position changes then it is send and updated.

Thanks
Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby dramida » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 am

Eizo, this is an amazing feature! I want to test it and video-document it. Thank you!
I wonder how can i increase the radio range of BT device from my phone to cover more distance. Actually works about 200m arond me (i tweaked CRIUS BT antenna with a 3 cm wire and i am using Galaxy S3 on ground). If i could do same the on ground antenna, i guess the range would increase at least twice.
User avatar
dramida
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Bucharest

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Leon11t » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Can you post a deteilet photos of what you did with CRIUS BT?
User avatar
Leon11t
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi,

I ordered two of these small RF modules + antennas (868 MHz ones):
http://www.hoperf.com/upload/rf_app/HM-TRP.pdf
http://www.iqrf.org/weben/index.php?sek ... 2=antennas

They are cheap and still powerful enough (100mW output power = 20 dBm, up to 115.2kbps, configurable via TTL) . I hope I'll get them tomorrow!
My plan is to put one onto on copter, and connect the other one to the BT module on the transmitter tray. So I could then increase the range of BT to more than a km.
I'll post the result.

I have one question. Bart, would it be possible to let map mode be selectable? I mean change between satellite and map mode? Ie. in map mode, long-press would give a small menu with radio buttons for different GPS layout modes....

BR
Adrian


ps.: I ordered them from a hungarian electric store, possibly no delivery to foreign countries. :(
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I have one question. Bart, would it be possible to let map mode be selectable? I mean change between satellite and map mode? Ie. in map mode, long-press would give a small menu with radio buttons for different GPS layout modes....



Maybe in the future.
Right now you can use google maps as satellite view and offline maps as map mode. You can find it in config.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

ezio wrote:
I have one question. Bart, would it be possible to let map mode be selectable? I mean change between satellite and map mode? Ie. in map mode, long-press would give a small menu with radio buttons for different GPS layout modes....



Maybe in the future.
Right now you can use google maps as satellite view and offline maps as map mode. You can find it in config.


Many thanks.
The reason why it would be useful to use map view is that sometimes on field the phone signal is weak and takes longer time to download the satellite pictures.

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

To extend the range we can use standard 2.4ghz antenna from the router, but as most radios works at the same frequency as Bluetooth there will be a lot interference.
When I had my radio set to 41Mhz and my Bluetooth range two times larger then now when I'm using Frsky. Adrian has chosen wise way.
We can also use modules like eLeEeS http://eleres.net/
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Many thanks.
The reason why it would be useful to use map view is that sometimes on field the phone signal is weak and takes longer time to download the satellite pictures.

BR
Adrian


That's why I added offline maps. Once downloaded the data is saved on sd card/internal memory and then you don't need to have internet connection.
The easiest way to download maps is to install this application on your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 1kcm9pZCJd

then run it and move around your place a map with maximum zoom. Maps which are showed on the screen will be downloaded and then used by EZ-GUI if you switch "Use Offline Maps" in Config.

BR
Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

I hooked up a bluetooth module to my FrSky RTX, and hooked the RX to my Flyduino Mega, used rs232 to TTL adapters on both ends. It connects and reads great. But I have one issue.

The longitude is coming across as a positive value and where I am its a negative value...So It shows Im on the east coast USA, and my quad is somewhere in china on the Gui...lmao...Its not a GPS issue or multiwii unless its in the FrskyTelemetry.ino, My GPS works correctly when connected to multiwii gui or mutlwii wingui....

Also curious if anyone here knows if I can connect the Frsky RX to the multiwii and send the RSSI info that way and just get my telemetry/rssi from a serial port? hypethecially if I could do this I could use a 3dr telemetry kit (I have a 433mhz kit) and connect the reciever to a bluetooth module and have a long range wireless way to set PID and see telemetry on my phone in the field. This would also allow me to community at much higher baud rate than the Frsky limited 9600.
monkey
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: York, PA USA

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 am

monkey wrote:The longitude is coming across as a positive value and where I am its a negative value...So It shows Im on the east coast USA, and my quad is somewhere in china on the Gui...lmao...Its not a GPS issue or multiwii unless its in the FrskyTelemetry.ino, My GPS works correctly when connected to multiwii gui or mutlwii wingui....



Hi maybe there is a bug in the EZ-GUI parsing. I have never tested it a lot.
Maybe you can hook up your frsky transmitter to a PC and capture the data from frsky then send me it. It will be easier to analyze where the problem is.
To capture the data you can use realterm http://realterm.sourceforge.net/.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby monkey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:19 am

Thanks for your response ezio..

I would be happy to hook it up and test for you, but I wouldnt have any idea... Sadly my PC doesnt have bluetooth built in. You can tell me how I can do it, Im all for it.
monkey
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: York, PA USA

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby monkey » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:24 am

I actually have the Frsky Programming cable, I can try to hook it up directly to the TX tomorrow and see if it will read values that way.
monkey
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: York, PA USA

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 am

monkey wrote:I actually have the Frsky Programming cable, I can try to hook it up directly to the TX tomorrow and see if it will read values that way.


So just connect the cable, set correct port and 9600 baud rate in realterm go to "capture" and start capturing. :)
Then send me a file.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Alexinparis » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:05 am

Hi Bart (ezio),

I'm really happy to share with you and other the following 3 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4GV9RMwY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPICiiaDTnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj6WZex8j0

Your app will definitely open something never seen so far.
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am

Alexinparis wrote:Hi Bart (ezio),

I'm really happy to share with you and other the following 3 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4GV9RMwY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPICiiaDTnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj6WZex8j0

Your app will definitely open something never seen so far.



Hi Bart and Alex,

the wideos are great indeed!
I hope I'll test the range-extension with hm-trp transparent modules tomorrow.
But I have a question. Now, the home point could be changed. But, since Home point can be used for example failsafe in the future (as it already works in my code... :D ), would it be possible to modify the HOLD point instead of home point? Than, the home could be leaved for RTH functions, HOLD could be used for sending the copter to a destination... (and still have the possibility of failsafe RTH).

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 am

Alexinparis wrote:Hi Bart (ezio),

I'm really happy to share with you and other the following 3 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4GV9RMwY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPICiiaDTnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj6WZex8j0

Your app will definitely open something never seen so far.

Wow.
I'm impressed. It works well. :)
We have to meet some day to fly together.
Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 am

nhadrian wrote:
Alexinparis wrote:Hi Bart (ezio),

I'm really happy to share with you and other the following 3 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4GV9RMwY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPICiiaDTnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj6WZex8j0

Your app will definitely open something never seen so far.



Hi Bart and Alex,

the wideos are great indeed!
I hope I'll test the range-extension with hm-trp transparent modules tomorrow.
But I have a question. Now, the home point could be changed. But, since Home point can be used for example failsafe in the future (as it already works in my code... :D ), would it be possible to modify the HOLD point instead of home point? Than, the home could be leaved for RTH functions, HOLD could be used for sending the copter to a destination... (and still have the possibility of failsafe RTH).

BR
Adrian

Good point.
It needs to be rethinked.
Maybe Alex will have some good idea how we can make it.

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby dramida » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:44 pm

How about letting the Home and Hold point as is and create another point? :)
User avatar
dramida
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Bucharest

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Alexinparis » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:14 pm

ezio wrote:
nhadrian wrote:
Alexinparis wrote:Hi Bart (ezio),

I'm really happy to share with you and other the following 3 videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4GV9RMwY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPICiiaDTnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj6WZex8j0

Your app will definitely open something never seen so far.



Hi Bart and Alex,

the wideos are great indeed!
I hope I'll test the range-extension with hm-trp transparent modules tomorrow.
But I have a question. Now, the home point could be changed. But, since Home point can be used for example failsafe in the future (as it already works in my code... :D ), would it be possible to modify the HOLD point instead of home point? Than, the home could be leaved for RTH functions, HOLD could be used for sending the copter to a destination... (and still have the possibility of failsafe RTH).

BR
Adrian

Good point.
It needs to be rethinked.
Maybe Alex will have some good idea how we can make it.

Bart


I agree too.
The GPS HOME should not be altered for navigation purpose. It's a security Way Point.
It was good enough for testing purpose ;)

Instead, I think we should alter the POS HOLD coordinates.
I suppose the mod is simple on the android side: choose to modify P point instead of H point. that is to say wp number 16 instead of wp number 0
I will make the mod on multiwii side to take intoo account the wp16
Something like this in the part case MSP_SET_WP:
Code: Select all
      if (wp_no == 16) {
        GPS_hold[LAT] = read32();
        GPS_hold[LON] = read32();
        read32();                       // future: to set altitude
        read8();                        // future: to set nav flag
        f.GPS_HOLD_MODE= 0;            // with this flag, GPS_set_next_wp will be called in the next RC loop
      }
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:24 pm

I think replacing the coordinates of HOLD point is not a good solution, especially when copter is far from the new point!

My idea is the following:

1) the HOLD code should replaced with the navigation code from RTH
2, WP_16 could be used indeed and updated via MSP by phone
3) when HOLD is activated, naw_mode should set to HOLD, and current coordinates for WP16 (this means copter starts to maintain the position)
4) when stick is out of AP deadband, function must disabled, and after WP16 coordinates should updated (like now for hold coordinates), but still in HOLD mode for naw_mode
5) WP16 coordinates should be checked in every cycle (if changed or not within a cycle. if changed that is because it was overwritten via MSP)
6) when WP16 is changed, naw mode should switched to HOME mode, that would mean copter starts to move to WP16 with the navigation code part enabled
7) when WP16 is reached, naw mode should be changed back to hold mode (as normally in RTH too)
8) when RTH is activated or POSHOLD is deactivated, nav_mode must be set to NULL

With this method, higher distances could be set without problem, like now with RTH but the functionality of HOLD would be still as good as now.

I'll try to make something like this, and test.

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Alexinparis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 am

nhadrian wrote:I think replacing the coordinates of HOLD point is not a good solution, especially when copter is far from the new point!

Right, it's not so simple. Replacing the coordinates of HOLD is not enough.
NAV_MODE_WP must be used in each case to navigate toward a new point.
Even in POS HOLD mode, it's not a problem because if the distance to this point is small enough, the GPS algo will switch automatically in NAV_MODE_POSHOLD mode in the next cycle:
explanation here:
Code: Select all
                if ((wp_distance <= GPS_wp_radius) || check_missed_wp()){         //if yes switch to poshold mode
                  nav_mode = NAV_MODE_POSHOLD;



My idea is the following:

1) the HOLD code should replaced with the navigation code from RTH

I think you want to speak about the NAV_MODE_WP mode.

2, WP_16 could be used indeed and updated via MSP by phone

we are still agree: the android app should still update the wp16, nothing more.

3) when HOLD is activated, naw_mode should set to HOLD, and current coordinates for WP16 (this means copter starts to maintain the position)

yes, as it is currently implemented

4) when stick is out of AP deadband, function must disabled, and after WP16 coordinates should updated (like now for hold coordinates), but still in HOLD mode for naw_mode

it's still implemented this way currently

5) WP16 coordinates should be checked in every cycle (if changed or not within a cycle. if changed that is because it was overwritten via MSP)
6) when WP16 is changed, naw mode should switched to HOME mode, that would mean copter starts to move to WP16 with the navigation code part enabled
7) when WP16 is reached, naw mode should be changed back to hold mode (as normally in RTH too)

So it's just equivalent to select NAV_MODE_WP instead of NAV_MODE_POSHOLD when the change comes from the phone.
See my first comment, it would even be simpler to set in any case NAV_MODE_WP because if the terget is near, multiwii will switch immediately to NAV_MODE_POSHOLD mode.

So the code in my previous post is incomplete and should be a little bit refined.
In any case, there will be a problem with I2C GPS as there is currently no code example to sent GPS coordinates via I2C.
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:46 am

So right now follow me and set home position works with i2c GPS ? I still do not have a time to fly. :(
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Alexinparis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 am

ezio wrote:So right now follow me and set home position works with i2c GPS ? I still do not have a time to fly. :(

Currently with the set of new home position, it should work for both SERIAL and I2C GPS.
I tested only with SERIAL GPS in the videos.
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Just a small BUG:

Often when I hit close button, GUI keeps running on background, I can see it on the status BAR.
Phone is Motorola defy with custom 4.1 ROM.

BR
Adrian

ps.: I connected the 3DR module to the bluetooth, seems to works great, I hope I'll test soon on field!!! :D
I hope range will not be a problem anymore...
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:51 pm

nhadrian wrote:Just a small BUG:

Often when I hit close button, GUI keeps running on background, I can see it on the status BAR.
Phone is Motorola defy with custom 4.1 ROM.

BR
Adrian

ps.: I connected the 3DR module to the bluetooth, seems to works great, I hope I'll test soon on field!!! :D
I hope range will not be a problem anymore...

Well this is not a bug and application closes but I was to lazy to clean notifications :)
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

ezio wrote:
nhadrian wrote:Just a small BUG:

Often when I hit close button, GUI keeps running on background, I can see it on the status BAR.
Phone is Motorola defy with custom 4.1 ROM.

BR
Adrian

ps.: I connected the 3DR module to the bluetooth, seems to works great, I hope I'll test soon on field!!! :D
I hope range will not be a problem anymore...

Well this is not a bug and application closes but I was to lazy to clean notifications :)


Oh, thanks for explanation!!! Will you fix this?

Here is a small video of the 3dr modules:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLo3SEWRUDI
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 pm

nhadrian wrote:
ezio wrote:
nhadrian wrote:Just a small BUG:

Often when I hit close button, GUI keeps running on background, I can see it on the status BAR.
Phone is Motorola defy with custom 4.1 ROM.

BR
Adrian

ps.: I connected the 3DR module to the bluetooth, seems to works great, I hope I'll test soon on field!!! :D
I hope range will not be a problem anymore...

Well this is not a bug and application closes but I was to lazy to clean notifications :)


Oh, thanks for explanation!!! Will you fix this?


Sure. Just let me know what is the title of this notification.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby Alexinparis » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 am

Hi,

In the last revision, you should now be able to change the HOME position and/or the HOLD position as you want for navigation purpose.
The display on the app will be fine, but the control works only with a SERIAL GPS device.

None of the mode HOME/HOLD change will currently work with a I2C device. In any case, the code needs a small adaptation to transmit new coordinates for this kind of device.
Alexinparis
 
Posts: 1630
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 pm

The message on the status bar is:

STATUS: ACC, BARO,.....etc

BR
Adrian
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

nhadrian wrote:The message on the status bar is:

STATUS: ACC, BARO,.....etc

BR
Adrian



how you exit from the app ?
do you use blue-black circle button ?
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm

ezio wrote:
nhadrian wrote:The message on the status bar is:

STATUS: ACC, BARO,.....etc

BR
Adrian



how you exit from the app ?
do you use blue-black circle button ?


Of course yes. With the blue circle button.
I'm thinking on couldn't it be solved by closing all notifications before exit, once hit on the blue button?
Just an idea.

BR
Adrian

PS.: are you goning to add the WP16 option to maps? I'd like to try the mod of Alex with modified HOLD code... ;)
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 pm

nhadrian wrote:
ezio wrote:
nhadrian wrote:The message on the status bar is:

STATUS: ACC, BARO,.....etc

BR
Adrian



how you exit from the app ?
do you use blue-black circle button ?


Of course yes. With the blue circle button.
I'm thinking on couldn't it be solved by closing all notifications before exit, once hit on the blue button?
Just an idea.

BR
Adrian

PS.: are you goning to add the WP16 option to maps? I'd like to try the mod of Alex with modified HOLD code... ;)


This is strange because Status notification is actually cleared ... I will look at it one more time.

I haven't have a time to look at the WP16 option to maps, yet.
Right now I released new version with "community map" where you can share your flying position with others. (hope it will work :) )
Map is available here: http://goo.gl/maps/qtZdt

Bart
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:52 pm

I attached a screenshot about the leftover notification.
BTW, the copter icon is not scaled in the notification bar... but this is pitty, not needed to be fixed.

Did you thought on making a different icon for the GUI too? For example a BW one? That would match my win7 theme... ;)
Attachments
IMGP09872.jpg
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

nhadrian wrote:I attached a screenshot about the leftover notification.
BTW, the copter icon is not scaled in the notification bar... but this is pitty, not needed to be fixed.

Did you thought on making a different icon for the GUI too? For example a BW one? That would match my win7 theme... ;)


Thanks.
I think I will remove the notifications completely. I thought that it was good idea but a lot of people have the problems with that. On some android versions my app doesn't work at all because of the notifications so I think I have to disable it.

I haven't thought about the icon, I have made currect one in 5 min. I don't really like graphics, etc.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby nhadrian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

What do you guys think about making an advanced icon for EZ-GUI?
Anybody could share his idea and then we could choose the winner by a small poll?
nhadrian
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 am

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby ezio » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm

nhadrian wrote:What do you guys think about making an advanced icon for EZ-GUI?
Anybody could share his idea and then we could choose the winner by a small poll?


If you take care of it, why not.
User avatar
ezio
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: Paris

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Postby jlouden » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 am

Hi, Has anyone done a meter (cm) to feet conversion for this app?

John
jlouden
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Software development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests