MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
howardhb

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by howardhb »

Hi Ezio.
Your app is working perfectly on my Samsung tab 10.1 (GTP-7500) with XBeePro 900MHz (60mW) telemetry radio! :D
All I had to do was configure Serial3 (Flyduino Mega + FreeIMU043 + MTK3329 GPS) for 57600 baud.

Now I want to test your waypoint nav!

H.

michar71

Post by michar71 »

Hi,

Quick question, I'm trying to get the frisky->Bluetooth->Android link working with MultiWii 2.3 and get 50% success. RSSI, GPS, ALT Dir work fine but Acc Data (Pitch/Roll) and Battery don't show up in EZ-GUI (I can see them in the Frsky debug console so the data is defenitly there.) "Use Frsky data" is checked. Anybody else having the same issue or do I miss something?

On the positive side using a Crius SE board with only one serial port I added a timeout on the "normal" serial communication so after one minute if no comm is coming in it switches from 115200 to 9600 and Frsky protocol which means I can use both an onboard bluetooth link and frisky in parallel. After power up if I change settings it will work in full config mode but if I don't do anything for some time or fly out of bluetooth range it falls back to the frsky link.

This makes EZ-GUI with Multiwii via Frsky and Bluetooth extremely convenient ;-)

If anybody is interested I'll come up with an SVN patch....

Michael

ezio

Post by ezio »

michar71 wrote:Quick question, I'm trying to get the frisky->Bluetooth->Android link working with MultiWii 2.3 and get 50% success. RSSI, GPS, ALT Dir work fine but Acc Data (Pitch/Roll) and Battery don't show up in EZ-GUI (I can see them in the Frsky debug console so the data is defenitly there.) "Use Frsky data" is checked. Anybody else having the same issue or do I miss something?

I haven't been using the frsky protocol for a while now. As I remember correctly for pitch and roll I added new command in Frsky protocol. It was based on this: https://github.com/eziosoft/MultiWii/bl ... /Frsky.ino

michar71

Post by michar71 »

Ahh.... Got it....

I used the FrSky protocol from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1929&start=190
and it's not sending angle information (But works with 2.3.....) Merged it together and all is well (Battery was a different issue...)

We should see if we can get this into the "official" multiwii repository, having multiple versions floating around makes it an interesting learning experience ;-)

Thanks for your help,

Michael

ezio

Post by ezio »

michar71 wrote:
We should see if we can get this into the "official" multiwii repository, having multiple versions floating around makes it an interesting learning experience ;-)
Michael

That's why I'm not developing more for FRSky support. And I'm afraid we can't make it official. People tried to include this to official version for ages.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Last beta version was compiled without one part (don't ask me why :) ) and it was crashing during startup. It is now corrected. New version will be available very soon.

Norf

Post by Norf »

Hi,
downloaded the newest beta today and want to test navigation tomorow.
Maybe someone can tell me what the 3 parameters are for in the Gui that I can set?
I think for example Parameter 1 in GPS Hold is the time how long it will hold it´s position?

Norbert

ezio

Odp: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Norf wrote:Hi,
downloaded the newest beta today and want to test navigation tomorow.
Maybe someone can tell me what the 3 parameters are for in the Gui that I can set?
I think for example Parameter 1 in GPS Hold is the time how long it will hold it´s position?

Norbert

Don't forget change the protocol to NAV in settings

The parameters will be explained more in future versions. Right now it works only with PosHold_time and Jump.
Poshold_time - parameter 1 is the time to stay in seconds
Jump - (I'm not sure here) parameter 1 is jump count and parameter 2 is to which WP it will jump.
For the rest of options Parameters are not used.

ezio

Post by ezio »

For the JUMP
Parameter 1 is WP number to jump
Parameter 2 is Repetition count

For Set Head
parameter 1 is heading

ezio

Post by ezio »

I updated the beta. Now it should be clear what parameters do.

Norf

Post by Norf »

Hi,

yes changed to NAV.
Now the Parameters are easy to understand thank you!
Keep you updated about testing

Norbert

Norf

Post by Norf »

Hi,

had the chance to test it.
works fine so far only a problem with POI this feature does not work.
Maybe a Code Problem of MW?

Short tracks work fine so far and I used only the app for navigation.

Norbert

Norf

Post by Norf »

ezio

Post by ezio »

Happy New Year and long flights!

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Long and crashless flights. :) Happy New Year!

wilco1967

Post by wilco1967 »

Hi,

I've been a happy user of EZ-Gui for some time now.
However, since the last 2 versions (currently 3.7.123) EZ-GUI will crash frequently.
It seems to start fine, but latest as soon as I call up the GPS map, it freezes, and there is no-way to get it to respond to anything anymore. It's not always on the map, sometimes it freezes even before, or on another tab.
Looking at the map, without a MW connected, works just fine...

I have to kill the task, or do a reboot before it will work again (but only for a very brief moment).
It doesn't even ask to send a crash report.

First I thought, it was because I started using EOSBandi's great nav version. Just to confirm I reflashed with the 'normal' MW 2.3, and the problem is still there.

It could also be related to a recent Android firmware update. I have a HTC one SV, which received an automatic update to Android 4.2.2 around the same time the problem with EZ-GUI started.

Just to confirm, EZ-GUI should work with the nav version, right ? (at least with the old functions)
Having the waypoint navigation in the flight controller is a nice addition, however, the phone is a lot easier to use in the field than carrying around the laptop.

ezio

Post by ezio »

wilco1967 wrote:Hi,

I've been a happy user of EZ-Gui for some time now.
However, since the last 2 versions (currently 3.7.123) EZ-GUI will crash frequently.
It seems to start fine, but latest as soon as I call up the GPS map, it freezes, and there is no-way to get it to respond to anything anymore. It's not always on the map, sometimes it freezes even before, or on another tab.
Looking at the map, without a MW connected, works just fine...

I have to kill the task, or do a reboot before it will work again (but only for a very brief moment).
It doesn't even ask to send a crash report.

First I thought, it was because I started using EOSBandi's great nav version. Just to confirm I reflashed with the 'normal' MW 2.3, and the problem is still there.

It could also be related to a recent Android firmware update. I have a HTC one SV, which received an automatic update to Android 4.2.2 around the same time the problem with EZ-GUI started.

Just to confirm, EZ-GUI should work with the nav version, right ? (at least with the old functions)
Having the waypoint navigation in the flight controller is a nice addition, however, the phone is a lot easier to use in the field than carrying around the laptop.

Hi
I'm sorry to hear that.
First try to set higher refresh rate value in settings. Try something like 500. Everything should refresh much slower but if it stops crashing you can experiment with the refresh rate.
If it doesn't help try disable BT NEW.

It works with EOSBandi nav but not everything is supported yet.

Bart

Steve_In_Brussels

Post by Steve_In_Brussels »

I REALLY love the EZ_GUI but now I'm stuck. My quad runs MW version 2.1 and its been removed from the list of EZ_GUI protocols.

Would anybody have an APK that supports this older v2.1 protocol? Or, do I really have to bite the bullet and upgrade the Quad firmware? I looked at Github but I could not find any archived APKs (but I'm a total noobeeee there).

I've started keeping backups of APKs on my devices but I left this too late for v2.1

Any help or advice appreciated.

Steve_In_Brussels

Yeek -- I seem to have frozen this subject!
Last edited by Steve_In_Brussels on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Steve_In_Brussels

OK -- I've solved my problem. 8-)

I bit the bullet and upgraded to MW2.3. Worked well, no problems but I went very slowly and carefully and it took a couple of hours. Have to tune the PIDs and the LEDs don't flash when I have 5+ satellites.

Now I'm a happy user once again and look forward to trying the EZGUI via 3DR Radio via the FTDI directly to my Android devices.

:D :D :D

Jimbo385

Post by Jimbo385 »

I'm currently on version 3.71.127 of the app and really enjoying it.

However not sure if it's because I'm Android 4.1 on a mobile phone but the app or BT crashes if whilst connected via BT and I disconnect the quad battery, the app won't re-connect to the quad when the new battery is connected. It usually ends in me having to re-boot my device by taking it's batter out!

Is this what others are finding?

Cheers.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Just a short question, is it planned (or already included and not visible to me?) to incorporate the DYNBALANCE-Feature from MW2.3 ?
I think its a very useful tool to minimize the vibrations getting to the gyro/acc, especially in combination with the logging-feature... as I can try different props/settings and easily compare the results afterwards.

Thanks & best Regards,
Frank

ezio

Post by ezio »

Frank wrote:Just a short question, is it planned (or already included and not visible to me?) to incorporate the DYNBALANCE-Feature from MW2.3 ?
I think its a very useful tool to minimize the vibrations getting to the gyro/acc, especially in combination with the logging-feature... as I can try different props/settings and easily compare the results afterwards.

Thanks & best Regards,
Frank

DYNBALANCE is not implemented yet.
I'll add it in the future.

csurf

Post by csurf »

dumb question... how can I disable all sounds from the app? I don't want to hear the beep on startup or the nuclear bomb alert when arming the board :(

Jimbo385

Post by Jimbo385 »

Go into Settings and scroll NEXT a few times. There will be a screen called "Other". This is where you can change "Text t speech"

ezio

Post by ezio »

csurf wrote:dumb question... how can I disable all sounds from the app? I don't want to hear the beep on startup or the nuclear bomb alert when arming the board :(

At the moment you can't disable all sounds. I will add it in next version.

csurf

Post by csurf »

ezio wrote:
csurf wrote:dumb question... how can I disable all sounds from the app? I don't want to hear the beep on startup or the nuclear bomb alert when arming the board :(

thanks...
can I point something else out? the back button doesn't always display the expected behavior...sometimes the intention is to exit the app but it will open some other instance that opened previously. It doesn't seem to be keeping track of window position well... hope this makes sense...

ezio

Post by ezio »

csurf wrote:
ezio wrote:

thanks...
can I point something else out? the back button doesn't always display the expected behavior...sometimes the intention is to exit the app but it will open some other instance that opened previously. It doesn't seem to be keeping track of window position well... hope this makes sense...

possibility to disable all sounds is added in today version. Will be available very soon.

thanks for pointing the back button bug. I will take closer look soon.

Jimbo385

Post by Jimbo385 »

Can't wait for an updated version to be made available as this is a fantastic app.

csurf

Post by csurf »

ezio wrote:thanks for pointing the back button bug. I will take closer look soon.

you're welcome...you have a great app & have done an excellent job!

Here are some other small items that you might like to consider...
- option to 'auto-reconnect' when connection is lost (like when switching out battery), perhaps optional audible alerts on 'connect/disconnect' to inform user of the connection state?
- a simple 'vibration meter' (in addition to the graph) that looks something like a 'speed gauge' & that marks 'min', 'max', and 'average' vibrations in addition to current vibrations, and clicking a button will reset the min&max values (useful for doing dynamic balancing on each motor)
- in PID window, add a faster way to change PID values without having to open up a new pop-up window...something like 'press on the box for value you want to change & hit a plus/minus button off to the side or slide finger across screen to increase/decrease value, double tap to reset, long press to reset to factory default, etc.'

just some random ideas in case they help... :)

EugeneFlorida

Post by EugeneFlorida »

When I uncomment #define USE_MSP_WP //Enables the MSP_WP command, which is used by WinGUI to display and log Home and Poshold positions
and I compile the Config.h, I get:

ERROR Compiling
MultiWii.cpp.o: In function `evaluateCommand()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/Serial.ino:483: undefined reference to `GPS_set_next_wp(long*, long*)'

Thanks for the help

zidlov

Post by zidlov »

Where can I get the "unlocker" for this "open source" software besides on google's market.
I'd be willing to pay the 3 Euros but I won't share my credit card data with google just for that.
Is there any paypal or bitcoin option?
If the developer really wants to earn money with standing on the shoulders of the open source community, why does he limit his income to people who are dumb enough to sell their souls to the data octopus?

Leon11t

Post by Leon11t »

This is not "unlocker" for "open source" software, it is a "unlocker" for extra options, it does not affect on the standard functions multiwii project.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

zidlov wrote:Where can I get the "unlocker" for this "open source" software besides on google's market.
I'd be willing to pay the 3 Euros but I won't share my credit card data with google just for that.
Is there any paypal or bitcoin option?
If the developer really wants to earn money with standing on the shoulders of the open source community, why does he limit his income to people who are dumb enough to sell their souls to the data octopus?

My god, whats your problem? NSA read all your messages, credit data and personal profiles ....
and be sure, they know all your Paypal-transactions, eBay-activities, credit-card usage ....

It's the american way of life .... any human is a dataset :cry:
Last edited by -ralf- on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leon11t

Post by Leon11t »

Hi Ezio.
Since I have 3DR telemetry radio that I connect through USB-OTG, I began to tease one thing is for bluetooth is always switched on after the start of the program.
Could you add an option to bluetooth not start when you start the program, some checkbox in settings??

ezio

Post by ezio »

Leon11t wrote:Hi Ezio.
Since I have 3DR telemetry radio that I connect through USB-OTG, I began to tease one thing is for bluetooth is always switched on after the start of the program.
Could you add an option to bluetooth not start when you start the program, some checkbox in settings??

Hi
Yeah, I know about it. It is because of frsky implementation. Right now it can't be done easily. I have to rewrite this part of the code. So it will be done in the future.

Bart

zidlov

Post by zidlov »

So there's no other way of getting this addon than via google?
Btw. I don't have a credit card any more.
Donate via paypal would be much appreciated and surely not just by me.
And, btw. if half of a program's features have to get unlocked to be used, it's shareware, even if the free part is open-source.
This is especially true if the program is centered around and built upon a true open source project.
Sorry to burst your bubble...

ezio

Post by ezio »

Everything is open source even the locked part. You can always change few line of code and compile it by your self.

argotera

Post by argotera »

Ezio, i d like to buy the unlocker too, but Play store does not accept payment with Amex for non usd denominated purchases.

txpatrol

Post by txpatrol »

Not sure if this belongs here or in the MW nav. thread, but I'm having a problem trying to use nav. with the app.

I have a whitespy mega EZ 3.0 board. Currently loaded with the sketch that Paul pre-builds for it. I've also tried the Jan. 9 release just to see if it would change anything.

I have the latest update to the app as well as the unlocker.

In the app, I go to settings and enable nav. mode. If I'm not connected via BT I see the nav. button on the main screen. As soon as I connect to my quad, the nav. button disappears. If I happen to be in the nav. screen when I connect to BT, I got an error that says something like "Not available in your current configuration."

It's almost like I don't have the right version of MW on my board, but I've verified that everything is there.

Any ideas what's going on? Is there a setting in my sketch that I need to change?

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

@ txpatrol, I'm not sure what firmware version Paul pre-loads, but you need the latest NAV firmware (uploaded on 16 January)
https://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/downloads/detail?name=MultiWi2_3-navi-b5-baro_fix.zip&can=2&q=

Yesterday I tested EZ-GUI and it works very well on my Samsung 10.1 tablet (with 3DR telemetry radios from Paul).

Are you sure your GPS is working properly?
You need 5 or more satellites in view before NAV can be initiated.

ezio

Post by ezio »

howardhb wrote:@ txpatrol, I'm not sure what firmware version Paul pre-loads, but you need the latest NAV firmware (uploaded on 16 January)
https://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/downloads/detail?name=MultiWi2_3-navi-b5-baro_fix.zip&can=2&q=

Yesterday I tested EZ-GUI and it works very well on my Samsung 10.1 tablet (with 3DR telemetry radios from Paul).

Are you sure your GPS is working properly?
You need 5 or more satellites in view before NAV can be initiated.

Exactly

mr_analyser

Re: MultiWii Stick View for Android [update 13/07/2012]

Post by mr_analyser »

ezio wrote:feedback is welcome

The best App for multiwii BT . Very good for setup. I only wish their was a way for it not to loose its BT signal over 10 meters. Imagine if you loose your quad and could be able to find it from the GPS position/Map on smart phone

ezio

Re: MultiWii Stick View for Android [update 13/07/2012]

Post by ezio »

mr_analyser wrote:
ezio wrote:feedback is welcome

The best App for multiwii BT . Very good for setup. I only wish their was a way for it not to loose its BT signal over 10 meters. Imagine if you loose your quad and could be able to find it from the GPS position/Map on smart phone

replace original BT antenna with 3cm wire. You will get some extra range.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Hi Ezio,

is a version with extended aux available?

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:Hi Ezio,

is a version with extended aux available?

Not yet

shawn

Post by shawn »

I can no longer receive data from my hex to ez-gui. It was working fine then 2 or three days ago it quit working. I can connect with my android and the light on the BT goes solid, gui tells me connected, but no data. Any ideas? I think there was an update a few days ago. could that be an issue. Help! anyone that may have any ideas,

I'm running multiwii 2.3, 115200 baud

ezio

Post by ezio »

shawn wrote:I can no longer receive data from my hex to ez-gui. It was working fine then 2 or three days ago it quit working. I can connect with my android and the light on the BT goes solid, gui tells me connected, but no data. Any ideas? I think there was an update a few days ago. could that be an issue. Help! anyone that may have any ideas,

I'm running multiwii 2.3, 115200 baud

Unpair and repair bluetooth and check the connections. You can also clean Ez Gui data and cache.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Everybody please update EZ-GUI to the newest version.
50% of people uses old versions (even 6months old)

shawn

Post by shawn »

I found my problem and it was self induced problem. When I changed out my FC and reinstalled the BT I had the rx and tx plugged in wrong on the FC, Not only would the BT not work but you cannot download new sketch without getting and avrdude error.

My fault. thank you for your response to my call for help. LOL, great app by the way. it's great to be able to make changes at the field via my android phone.