MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
-ralf-

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by -ralf- »

ezio wrote:Everybody please update EZ-GUI to the newest version.
50% of people uses old versions (even 6months old)

Hi Ezio,

tried your latest version with Samsung Galaxy S4, 3DR-Radio and GPS-Navi Beta 7. Seems it works fine.
Now I'm waiting for Extended Aux to use it at field ;)

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Hi Ezio,

little problem .... with 3DR-connection established EZ-GUI hangs when disconnecting the power
from the board. I had to restart my phone to get EZ-GUI work again.

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

I have the same experiences with Samsung Tab2 10.1"

howardhb

Post by howardhb »

Same problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GTP7500 3G)

I can (always) reliably exit the app if I first press the "MW Disconnect" button.

ezio

Post by ezio »

As I don't have the 3DR radio I can't reproduce this.
Can someone describe it with more details?

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

As howardhb described it's not a big problem "I can (always) reliably exit the app if I first press the "MW Disconnect" button" but it seams as it goes into infinite loop when it lost 3dr.

btw tnx for exelent app, cmon hit the donate buton ;-)

Anders

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

Gimbal wrote:As howardhb described it's not a big problem "I can (always) reliably exit the app if I first press the "MW Disconnect" button" but it seams as it goes into infinite loop when it lost 3dr.

Galaxy S4 goes into infinite loop, Screen is cleared and flashing, no app-exit possible;
only a restart of the mobile helps.

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:Hi Ezio,

little problem .... with 3DR-connection established EZ-GUI hangs when disconnecting the power

You are talking about disconnecting the power from ground unit or one in the model?

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

ezio wrote:
-ralf- wrote:Hi Ezio,

You are talking about disconnecting the power from ground unit or one in the model?

From the model .... with active connection to the mobile

ezio

Post by ezio »

Ok understood. I will look at it today.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

ezio wrote:Ok understood. I will look at it today.

Thank you .... but "Extended Aux" has a higher priority for me ;)

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:
ezio wrote:Ok understood. I will look at it today.

Thank you .... but "Extended Aux" has a higher priority for me ;)

They are coming but slowly. As a lot of changes has to be made.

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

-ralf- wrote:little problem .... with 3DR-connection established EZ-GUI hangs when disconnecting the power

I'm on the beta version and have noticed something else odd happening lately with the connection. It doesn't hang my phone - but if my screen goes off on my phone and I pull power to the multi then re-apply it then EZ still seems to think it's connected...even if it isn't. And hitting disconnect/reconnect seems to reconnect...but actually doesn't. I have to completely exist EZ and restart it to get a new connection.

To further complicate things though I'm using openLRSng passthrough telemetry to connect my BT module to the copter (which seems to be working but I'm still not convinced is a great idea as I suspect it's dropping packets but have yet to fully investigate.)

This does however raise two feature requests I've been meaning to make. Could there be an option to let EZ keep the phone from sleeping? Also is there any chance of moving some settings like the battery voltage alarm into a config screen that doesn't require exiting and restarting the app?

ezio

Post by ezio »

jhitesma wrote:
-ralf- wrote:This does however raise two feature requests I've been meaning to make. Could there be an option to let EZ keep the phone from sleeping? Also is there any chance of moving some settings like the battery voltage alarm into a config screen that doesn't require exiting and restarting the app?

On which screen (ie Dashboard1, Map, etc) the phone goes sleep ? Normally it shouldn't happen.

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

ezio wrote:On which screen (ie Dashboard1, Map, etc) the phone goes sleep ? Normally it shouldn't happen.

It's usually on the PID screen or no screen (just the main screen selection page) though I'm pretty sure I've had it happen on Dashboard2 as well.

I'll pay more careful attention and see if I can tell for sure. I know a few times I caught myself hitting the power button to put the phone to sleep without meaning to so there' s a chance I'm doing it manually and not realizing it and it may have only been on older versions.

But just yesterday I had the issue where EX thought it was still connected but wasn't and disconnecting/reconnecting didn't do anything unless I actually exited the app and restarted it.

zidlov

Post by zidlov »

Does ezgui run on kitkat roms yet?

ezio

Post by ezio »

zidlov wrote:Does ezgui run on kitkat roms yet?

Yes

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

Haven't had the sleep issue since I've been watching for it.

But I'm still having issues with it thinking it's connected when it's not. I also noticed in the latest update that it says it now confirms PID writes - but I think there may be something wrong with that.

Yesterday I went out to the park to play around with some higher rate settings. After a quick test flight with the quad as I had it setup I landed and used the app to increase my PID rate. After changing PID settings I always do a read just to confirm it really did change - and it all looked good. Tried to take off...and it flipped. Tried again and it flipped again knocking two motors off this time. Disconnected in the app, reconnected and went back to pids, did a read and they all looked good.

But when I got home and put it on my computer through USB - my pids were all at 0.

Not sure just what happened but it seems like the app thought it had updated but something went wrong...and then it apparently thought it was still connected and reading (since it didn't give me any errors) but in reality it wasn't showing my actual data from the FC anymore as my pids were all at 0 even though it was showing me the numbers I expected to see.

ezio

Post by ezio »

jhitesma wrote:But I'm still having issues with it thinking it's connected when it's not.

Because I haven't look at it at all.

I also noticed in the latest update that it says it now confirms PID writes - but I think there may be something wrong with that.

"Confirms" means that the app displays "Settings saved" when it recives the confirmation from FC. It doesn't check the values etc. The write mechanism is the same as in MultiWiiConf. If the data was corrupted along the way they shouldn't be accepted by FC.

Something strange is going on with your FC. There should be possible to write all zeros by mistake.

Bart

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

ezio wrote:
jhitesma wrote:But I'm still having issues with it thinking it's connected when it's not.

Because I haven't look at it at all.

That's a good reason :D And to be fair it could very easily be something about my setup instead of the app based on the other issues I have.

I also noticed in the latest update that it says it now confirms PID writes - but I think there may be something wrong with that.

"Confirms" means that the app displays "Settings saved" when it recives the confirmation from FC. It doesn't check the values etc. The write mechanism is the same as in MultiWiiConf. If the data was corrupted along the way they shouldn't be accepted by FC.

Something strange is going on with your FC. There should be possible to write all zeros by mistake.

Bart

Ah, good to know. My FC is pretty hacked together. It's just a counterfeit mega board I wired some sensors to, it's been through some hard crashes and the oscillator is dented and a couple of the power supply components have been knocked off the board. That it's even flyable kind of surprises me - but I like pushing things past the point of good sense and seeing how much abuse they'll withstand so I'm still flying on it :twisted:

I haven't looked into the nitty gritty of MSP very much yet but I have seen enough to understand that it should be error tolerant...but I'm not convinced it really is. My link is really sketchy right now. I'm running it over an openLRSng in passthrough telemetry mode. But that means the baud rate over RF is considerably lower than the rate between the FC and RX as well as between the TX and my BT module. I know openLRS is supposed to buffer but I have a feeling there's just too much data and it's overwhelming the RF link. One other sign of this is that my battery voltage readings are always off over the RF link (they're off over straight USB as well...but not nearly as far off) and that I keep getting voice alerts that my mode is changing or that my quad is disarming even though I'm flying just fine. So I strongly suspect I'm getting lost or corrupted packets on my telemetry connection.

I just assumed it couldn't result in something like all zeros being written to my settings due to the error correction I thought the protocol included. Guess I need to do a bit more reading and a bit more experimenting on my telemetry settings.

So you probably don't need to loose any sleep over the connection issues I'm seeing. I'm leaning more and more towards believing the problem is with my RF link and not your app.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Can someone check that the AUX for posHold and RTH works correctly in the newest version?

Bart

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Can't get EZGui connect anymore to my Quad.

I did use is last year with no bug problems...so i know how it works.
I now get connection, but i get a lot of "Not received" messages, (and the BT link is Red (not flashing)).

Already Rebind the BT-device. And gave EZGui a reset
Maybe the reason is:...i'm using the latest MultiWii 2.3navi B7 code from EosBandi.com.

anyone? thanks

EDIT: 11-03-2014
Not sure if it's a EZGui problem.
Downgraded to 2.3 release.

Laptop Bluetooth OKAY ( on the 2.3 nav Pre b7 it gave me trouble as well).
Android Bluetooth OKAY ( also trouble on the 2.3 Nav Pre B7).

any suggestion would be very nice
Last edited by Hypermobile on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

ezio wrote:Can someone check that the AUX for posHold and RTH works correctly in the newest version?

Bart

The indicator gets high (green light on) when PH or RTH is switched and copter is armed.
No reaction on the LAND-indicator, but LAND works.

MultiWii-Nav Beta 7

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

Hello! Happy Customer here,

I achieved my first and very accurate pks hold today. However I d like to try out the rth function but the home position shown in ezgui is somewhere on the west coast of africa. Thats a bit of since I m located in germany:) Distance to home after arming shows 0,vgps is fixed actual copter pos is correct. I heavent tried home yet because Im afraid it will fly to africa, since it is spring there would be no reason for this.

Any known bugs regarding this behavior?

ezio

Post by ezio »

BKLronin wrote:Hello! Happy Customer here,

I achieved my first and very accurate pks hold today. However I d like to try out the rth function but the home position shown in ezgui is somewhere on the west coast of africa. Thats a bit of since I m located in germany:) Distance to home after arming shows 0,vgps is fixed actual copter pos is correct. I heavent tried home yet because Im afraid it will fly to africa, since it is spring there would be no reason for this.

I'm aware of that. Home position can not be shown correctly. When I find some time I will correct that.
So go and try RTH.

May I know which version of Multiwii you use?

Bart

BaerBalu

Post by BaerBalu »

Hi!

I use MultiWii EZ-GUI 3.83.137 on my Android devices. The "Naze32"-support is activated and the MultiWii EZ-GUI works fine, but I still have one problem.
The firmware on my three Naze32-copters is the "SummerGames 2.5" (the newest SG-firmware-version). Unfortunately the "MultiWii-version" in this firmware is 2.11.
Therefore every 2 - 3 seconds is a funny sound and the message was shown that I must update my MultiWii. Thats impossible, because I already use the newes firmware-version on the Naze32.

I know from two other people who have the same problem.

What can I do? It is not possible to downgrade the MultiWii EZ-GUI on google play store to fix this problem as a work-around.

Bye-bye
BaerBalu

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

I'm using nav beta 7 and newest ezgui.
Havent tried it but maybe home pos is correct when connecting after sat fix.

Thank you!

ezio

Post by ezio »

BKLronin wrote:

I'm using nav beta 7 and newest ezgui.
Havent tried it but maybe home pos is correct when connecting after sat fix.

Thank you!

With Nav version the markers of the PH and Home are not refreshed at all so that is why they are at lat and lon 0x0.
It will be implemented in near future.

ezio

Post by ezio »

BaerBalu wrote:Hi!

I use MultiWii EZ-GUI 3.83.137 on my Android devices. The "Naze32"-support is activated and the MultiWii EZ-GUI works fine, but I still have one problem.
The firmware on my three Naze32-copters is the "SummerGames 2.5" (the newest SG-firmware-version). Unfortunately the "MultiWii-version" in this firmware is 2.11.
Therefore every 2 - 3 seconds is a funny sound and the message was shown that I must update my MultiWii. Thats impossible, because I already use the newes firmware-version on the Naze32.

What can I do? It is not possible to downgrade the MultiWii EZ-GUI on google play store to fix this problem as a work-around.

Bye-bye
BaerBalu

Good catch!
Will be corrected soon.
Thanks
Bart

ezio

Post by ezio »

ezio wrote:
BaerBalu wrote:Hi!

Bye-bye
BaerBalu

Good catch!
Will be corrected soon.
Thanks
Bart

Corrected in today's beta version.

ezio

Post by ezio »

BKLronin wrote:Hello! Happy Customer here,

Should be ok in today's beta. I can't test it right now.

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

Tested 3.86.140 today. Home ist still close to 0,0 (africa). Distance to home and direction shown as 0. Tried to activate and deactivate "Dont rest home at arm" but no differnce.

ezio

Post by ezio »

BKLronin wrote:Tested 3.86.140 today. Home ist still close to 0,0 (africa). Distance to home and direction shown as 0. Tried to activate and deactivate "Dont rest home at arm" but no differnce.

You tested it in Map or Navigation?

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

In nav beta 7. You said earlier that the problem is coming from the Multiwii side?

csurf

Post by csurf »

question/comment:
the multiwii wiki article on altitude/BARO tuning recommends adjusting the altitude D term in 0.2 increments...
http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php? ... titude_PID
Set P and I to 0.
Slow increase D from 0 in 0.2 increments until you start to get a slow yo yo movement.
Reduce D a littleuntil yo yo movement stops.
At this point the multicopter will start to hold altitude with drift
Increase P slow now, and you will find that the multicopter will start to hold, until it starts the yo yo movement,
reduce P until yo yo movement goes away. The multicopter will now hold altitude with less drift.
I is now increased to reduce the drift when the battery runs down and the throttle needed to keep the copter at hover changes.

MW EZ-GUI only allows integer values for the D-term.
Is the wiki incorrect, or should EZ-GUI allow decimal values for the D terms???

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

Ah Sorry Ezio I interpreted your question wrong. I tested again on note 10.1 with 4.1.2 and Galaxy S2 with cyanogen (latest stable)
In Navigation view the Home WP is displayed corretly
In map view its still the old westafrica.

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

Home working in Nav and map view 141. Thanks! :)

sjportera

Post by sjportera »

txpatrol wrote:Not sure if this belongs here or in the MW nav. thread, but I'm having a problem trying to use nav. with the app.

I have a whitespy mega EZ 3.0 board. Currently loaded with the sketch that Paul pre-builds for it. I've also tried the Jan. 9 release just to see if it would change anything.

I have the latest update to the app as well as the unlocker.

In the app, I go to settings and enable nav. mode. If I'm not connected via BT I see the nav. button on the main screen. As soon as I connect to my quad, the nav. button disappears. If I happen to be in the nav. screen when I connect to BT, I got an error that says something like "Not available in your current configuration."

It's almost like I don't have the right version of MW on my board, but I've verified that everything is there.

Any ideas what's going on? Is there a setting in my sketch that I need to change?

I have this exact issue with EZ-GUI and my whitespy mega EZ 3.0 board. Has anyone determined a fix or parameter setting causing this. Love the EZ-GUI app but really need to get NAV working.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Navigation works only with this version of multiwii viewtopic.php?p=40605#p40605
GPS NAV

Bart

csurf

Post by csurf »

are there instructions on how to compile ez-gui?

Icesory

Post by Icesory »

I have registered me as a beta tester. Version 3.87.141

But the follow me function don't work. The Copter flies in random direction.
All other looks OK.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Icesory wrote:I have registered me as a beta tester. Version 3.87.141

But the follow me function don't work. The Copter flies in random direction.
All other looks OK.

I have tested "follow me" in flight couple of times and it worked as it should. Copter has to be in position hold mode. Make sure that you have gps fix in your android device.

Bart

csurf

Post by csurf »

where is the source code repo for ez-gui located?

ezio

Post by ezio »

csurf wrote:where is the source code repo for ez-gui located?

https://github.com/eziosoft/MultiWii_EZ_GUI

csurf

Post by csurf »

ezio wrote:
csurf wrote:where is the source code repo for ez-gui located?

https://github.com/eziosoft/MultiWii_EZ_GUI

thank you :)

dawagner

Post by dawagner »

I have been unable to connect to my board. The ezgui says "unable to connect". I have a Samsung note 3 with latest android software. I am trying to connect via a cable. I have a OTG cable coming out of the phone and then a standard microusb connecting the OTG to the board. Is this what I'm doing wrong? Do I need a specific FTID cable? Or is there something I need to activate in the code in order to connect this way? Thanks ahead of time.

ezio

Post by ezio »

dawagner wrote:I have been unable to connect to my board. The ezgui says "unable to connect". I have a Samsung note 3 with latest android software. I am trying to connect via a cable. I have a OTG cable coming out of the phone and then a standard microusb connecting the OTG to the board. Is this what I'm doing wrong? Do I need a specific FTID cable? Or is there something I need to activate in the code in order to connect this way? Thanks ahead of time.

Have you chosen the serial connection in the settings?

dawagner

Post by dawagner »

Yea I got it working by selecting the other Cdc/Acm button under the serial port. Thanks!

no_angel

Post by no_angel »

i try to connect my multiwii pro FC via bluetooth with multiwii ez gui on my toshiba at100 . When i connect in the programm i became a warning on the screen "no data received. the bluetoothmodul is correct connected. the LED on the modul is solid on. i cant read the settings of the FC,.what can i do?

sorry for my english :roll: :roll: :roll:

ezio

Post by ezio »

no_angel wrote:i try to connect my multiwii pro FC via bluetooth with multiwii ez gui on my toshiba at100 . When i connect in the programm i became a warning on the screen "no data received. the bluetoothmodul is correct connected. the LED on the modul is solid on. i cant read the settings of the FC,.what can i do?

sorry for my english :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you get "no data received" warning.

1. Is your PC connect normally through USB or FTDI cable ?

2. Do you have cable connected to PC when you try to connect via BT?

4. do you have a properly connected Bluetooth module to FC board? Tx to Rx and Rx to Tx? (the problem is usually here)

5. Does your Bluetooth baud rate is set to 115200? If you got your BT module from hobbyking it should be OK if not look on YouTube for videos showing how to do it.

6. What version of MultiWii do you use?