MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ezio

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

henfri wrote:Hello,

I am using/starting to use a Flyduino Mega and a Frsky Taranis with the X8D, which supports Telemetry via SBUS.
Now, browsing through EZ-Gui, I noticed the FrSky Telemetry-Option. Searching about what's behind this, I found this thread and read most of it. The general process is understood: Connect Serial of the Flight-Controller to the X8D and connect a Bluetooth-Module<-> Serial Module to the FrSky.
On the Taranis-Side:
The Serial Port of the Taranis is described here.
In short:
Set Serial-Output to 'Telemetry' (or S-Port mirror??), and set the Baud-Rate to 9600 (or 57600?).
The Bluetooth-Module must support this
Taranis serial port uses RS-232 polarity for RX and TX signals, but it won't output full RS-232 voltage levels (from -15V to +15V) on TX line. The RX input is RS-232 tolerant. Still it will work with most standard serial adapters (even USB serial adapters).

This could by the JY-MCU, but here, it seems like a level-shifter is needed -but I find no specs. But that Guy uses apparently thisBluetooth<->Serial Module.
Any hints on working hardware on the Taranis-Side? Are there no BT-Serial Modules that directly support the right Levels?

Now, coming to the Flightcontroller-Side:
Here we want two things:
a) direct BT-Connection (or rather WiFi?) to EZ-GUI in order to be able to change PID-Settings etc. of the flight controller, when the Copter is in close proximity
here, I think the JY-MCU is confirmed to work, isn't it?

b) Connection to the SBus-Input of the FrSky RX (X8D), for Telemetry via Taranis/2.4Ghz when Copter is flying/further away.
I found some Information on Multiwii-Telemetry via FrSky/Sbus here. I was delighted to see, that one very active Author in that Thread was ezio :-)
Unfortunately, the Frsky-Telemetry code seems to have been working in MultiWii, but not in MultiWii 2.3 anymore. Is that right?
Also, FrSky uses RS232 Voltages here again and not TTL --> another Adapter/Inverter?
This?
Or This?
Are these two last modules maybe also usefull on the Taranis-Side?

Last Questions:
-Can the BT-Serial-Module on the Flight-Controller-Side and the X8D be connected to the same Serial-Port (the X8D is only listening).
-Do I have any benefits using also the SBus instead of PWM to send the normal RX-TX commands (for pitch, yaw, etc) to the Flightcontroller (i.e. higher Resolution etc)?

Greetings,
Hendrik

I added short description to the EZ-GUI help file. It is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_CT ... hMKqUA/pub

Hope it helps you to find some answers.

ezio

Post by ezio »

For me, as for now, the best connection method is through 3DR Radio. It is simple to connect as a Bluetooth and it has a lot of rage.

josepo

Post by josepo »

See on the screen that the compass works, is not as sensitive as the accelerometers detect movimintos but only above 4 or 5 degrees.
The first GPS probe and pedestrian and now I have it in portable
So strange to me is that it goes smoothly without skidding make the slightest attempt to keep the position, maintains direction, height and speed but not the position.
translated with Google

regards Josepo

brewski

Re: GPS info

Post by brewski »

Hi Ezio,

I love the new GPS info that lets you know what solar conditions are when arming.
Previously I just looked at how many satelites were visible & if > 8 then good. Now if I see solar conditions are bad & even if >8 sats that quad is moving several metres randomly on Google map then I don't use any GPS functions unless well away from areas that could result in potential problems.
One request I would like to make. Is it possible to include GPS HDOP & maybe VDOP (for Patrick_E fixed wing users) :D

Leo

Re:

Post by Leo »

ezio wrote:For me, as for now, the best connection method is through 3DR Radio. It is simple to connect as a Bluetooth and it has a lot of rage.

I had used Bluetooth and "only" got about 100 meters with the antenna mod. Last Sunday I swapped it for a 3DR radio and that works great. Now I have a clean uninterrupted connection to EZ-GUI. I love it.

brewski

Post by brewski »

+1, BT even with antenna mod is only good for up to 200M depending on phone or BT USB adapter. A set of $45 Ebay 3DR TX/RX will give you as good as your full range TX in my experience especially on 900Mhz.

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:One request I would like to make. Is it possible to include GPS HDOP & maybe VDOP (for Patrick_E fixed wing users) :D

Not possible. MultiWii doesn't have this info.

brewski

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:
brewski wrote:One request I would like to make. Is it possible to include GPS HDOP & maybe VDOP (for Patrick_E fixed wing users) :D

It's a pity because HDOP is a much more accurate indicator of GPS accuracy than just number of sats especially when solar activity bad. Is this data embedded in the NMEA string?

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:
ezio wrote:

It's a pity because HDOP is a much more accurate indicator of GPS accuracy than just number of sats especially when solar activity bad. Is this data embedded in the NMEA string?

I don't know. As I remember correctly baseflight had this.

diegot

Post by diegot »

On EZ-GUI is it possible to have current and mAh indication? I have an Allegro ACS758 device to misure the current and I set on config.h the powermeter hardware sensor. So from CRIUS V.2 the info is available. Thankyou for reply Diego

ezio

Post by ezio »

diegot wrote:On EZ-GUI is it possible to have current and mAh indication? I have an Allegro ACS758 device to misure the current and I set on config.h the powermeter hardware sensor. So from CRIUS V.2 the info is available. Thankyou for reply Diego

mAh indication is already there, in example in Dashboard 3 - power.
Current is shown in Raw data for now in future it will be moved to better place.

diegot

Post by diegot »

I think it would be very usefull to have the possibility, from EZ-GUI, to change PINT2mA and PSENSORNULL parameter in order to do a fine tune of the current read, as it is alresdy possible with VBatScale to adjust battery voltage reading. Thankyou in advance Diego.

ezio

Post by ezio »

diegot wrote:I think it would be very usefull to have the possibility, from EZ-GUI, to change PINT2mA and PSENSORNULL parameter in order to do a fine tune of the current read, as it is alresdy possible with VBatScale to adjust battery voltage reading. Thankyou in advance Diego.

It is not be implemented in the protocol. Create a new thread and ask if they can add new command to read and set these parameters. Maybe it will be included in MW 2.4

hwurzburg

Not able to reconnect

Post by hwurzburg »

Running latest BF on a NAZE32 r5 board....After power up, I can connect via BT to this app on my phone without issue and all works well....but if I disconnect and then reconnect...the BT connects, but I get a constant stream of "No data received errors"....I have tried just repowering the BT module, no success...stopping the app (FORCE STOP) and restarting, no success...the only thing that seems to work is to reboot the NAZE32 board....does anyone else have this issue?

fiestito

Post by fiestito »

3DR its definitively the best option. I'm using a 433 Mhz 3DR radio with a Multiwii mega board and getting full rage with no errors

Here is some vid I made with the EZ GUI logs exported to .gpx and the garmin virbedit software

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

any idea why the voice data works on my one phone but not on my other ?

ezio

Post by ezio »

handsomejackuk wrote:any idea why the voice data works on my one phone but not on my other ?

Voice data?

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

hi,

sorry i meant the voice speech output..... it works on my one fone but not on my tablet or my older fone.. i assume its beacuse of the version of android

scrat

Post by scrat »

Hi Bart.

There is a bug again in the latest version of MWii EZ-GUI when using with original baseflight. When setting PIDs....again VELOCITY goes all to 0. Could you be so kind and repair this bug.

Thanks.

ezio

Post by ezio »

scrat wrote:Hi Bart.

There is a bug again in the latest version of MWii EZ-GUI when using with original baseflight. When setting PIDs....again VELOCITY goes all to 0. Could you be so kind and repair this bug.

Thanks.

Have you chosen Baseflight protocol in settings ?

scrat

Post by scrat »

Yes.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

@ Ezio

After last update, app Crashes (doesn't even startup)
uninstalled Unlocker & App
reinstalled everything.

Still nothing :-(

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:@ Ezio

reinstalled everything.

You are taking about update which has been released today? Beta version?
Could you send a bug report?

If it is a beta go here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.ezio.multiwii/
And finish test and reinstall old version.
The same for the unlocker https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... i_unlocker

ezio

Post by ezio »

reinstalled everything.

I just pushed new update. It should be available in couple of hours and probably it wont crash again.

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

ezio wrote:

reinstalled everything.

I just pushed new update. It should be available in couple of hours and probably it wont crash again.

Yep,its fixed now.

But what about the unlocker?
Reinstalled that one, but it says, unlocker need to be updated

ASAP

Post by ASAP »

Since the new version was released "graph" tab seems it doesn't work properly, I mean it doesn't show any line until I touch continuosly the screen

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

Hypermobile wrote:But what about the unlocker?

Indeed. Breaking the application for paying customers is somewhat sub-optimal. It states 'Unlocked' and refuses to function further.

Please fix.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Hypermobile wrote:
ezio wrote:

reinstalled everything.

Yep,its fixed now.

But what about the unlocker?

Unlocker should be from here:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... i_unlocker

All problems are because this is beta release. You can just wait for "production" version

Hypermobile

Post by Hypermobile »

Okay, since i signed up for Beta. i've no problem to mention the bugs i encounter :-).

it makes the app just better n better.

ezio

Post by ezio »

stronnag wrote:
Hypermobile wrote:But what about the unlocker?

Indeed. Breaking the application for paying customers is somewhat sub-optimal. It states 'Unlocked' and refuses to function further.

Please fix.

Remember you are using beta version!
You have to use unlocker from the above link. Try to reinstall unlocker again or contact me directly to eziosoft@gmail.com.
I will upload new unlocker with different background so you can easily tell if you have new version or old one.

ezio

Post by ezio »

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

@ezio,
I have a couple of feature requests. if possible, I please ask for your consideration for...

1) a way to automatically cycle through the configured/bound BT adatpers & connect to whichever is available.
- it is a bit annoying to have to select the correct BT adapter when switching between models (I have a few different BT adapters on different models). It would be great to just be able to press "connect" and have it auto-detect and connect to the currently active BT Serial adapter.
-If not, then at the very least would it be possible to name each BT adatper via the EZ-GUI interface? Mine are stuck using the default names given by the ebay vendors from where I purchased them (a couple show up as 'ZMR', others as 'CRIUS', etc.)

2) can you please consider adding a couple of 'acc trim' sliders to be able to manually configure the acc trims for pitch & roll, as well as a way to see the current acc trim values?
-It would be awesome to be able to configure the acc trim's this way, instead of having to use the stick combo command & manually & somewhat randomly add a bunch of acc trim 'ticks' in each direction.

***EDIT:
nevermind, I stupidly didn't see the 'Trims' button, don't know why I didn't see it there, could have sworn that it wasn't there before...

still, please consider the BT auto-connectivity feature request, thanks...
FYI, I'm a paying customer :)
Last edited by rubadub on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

On my version 3.116.174 the acc trims are there. Actually, I'm pretty sure they were there in previous versions also.

rubadub

Post by rubadub »

RC_Adik wrote:On my version 3.116.174 the acc trims are there. Actually, I'm pretty sure they were there in previous versions also.

where? what window? I just checked and don't see them... I'm also running the latest version...
lol, nevermind, they were right there in front of me, don't know why I didn't see the big button that says 'trims' :lol:

ezio

Post by ezio »

Trims are available only for naze32 boards. I have to update it as MW2.4 supports it as well.

ezio

Post by ezio »

More then 1K posts in this topic.
WOW!

rubadub

Re:

Post by rubadub »

ezio wrote:Trims are available only for naze32 boards. I have to update it as MW2.4 supports it as well.

ok, perhaps that's why I didn't see it. Is the button hidden upon connecting & detecting that it's running MW2.3? So, I'm assuming that is it currently not possible to adjust the trims via the MW protocol?

ezio

Post by ezio »

rubadub wrote:
ezio wrote:Trims are available only for naze32 boards. I have to update it as MW2.4 supports it as well.

ok, perhaps that's why I didn't see it. Is the button hidden upon connecting & detecting that it's running MW2.3? So, I'm assuming that is it currently not possible to adjust the trims via the MW protocol?

Yes the button is hidden for MW 2.3 and before because there is no possibility to set trims.

Rudi48

Post by Rudi48 »

Hello ezio,

I just tested the new MultiWii version 231r1729 and have seen, that EZ-GUI unfortunately does no longer work.

Do you will bring an update already for this version, or will you wait for the next official release 2.4?

Regards, Rudolf

stronnag

Post by stronnag »

ezio wrote:You have to use unlocker from the above link. Try to reinstall unlocker again or contact me directly to eziosoft@gmail.com.
I will upload new unlocker with different background so you can easily tell if you have new version or old one.

Thanks, installed, fixed.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Rudi48 wrote:Hello ezio,

I just tested the new MultiWii version 231r1729 and have seen, that EZ-GUI unfortunately does no longer work.

Do you will bring an update already for this version, or will you wait for the next official release 2.4?

Regards, Rudolf

I plan to update it as soon as possible. Probably next week.

brewski

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:

Regards, Rudolf

I updated to MW r1729 (V2.4)and the WinGUI for Navi B7 no longer works. Is someone going to release new WinGUI?

ezio

Post by ezio »

Regards, Rudolf

Why it doesn't work for you?
It should works OK when you set it to 2.30 Navigation protocol as it is exactly the same that 2.4 uses.

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:
ezio wrote:

Regards, Rudolf

I updated to MW r1729 (V2.4)and the WinGUI for Navi B7 no longer works. Is someone going to release new WinGUI?

Here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/805 ... GUI231.zip
I'm not entirely sure if it is 100% compatible but it should be OK.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Ezio,

It just crashes with "Unhandled exception" and something about zero not valid. I am running Win8.1 so tried Win7 Compatibility mode with Run As Admin ticked still same.
I was running Pre10 for B7 OK in Compatibility mode previously with no stability issues.

I'll just use MWConfig that came with r1729 as this works OK even without using Compatibility mode. I guess because Java based so Win version agnostic.

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:Hi Ezio,

It just crashes with "Unhandled exception" and something about zero not valid. I am running Win8.1 so tried Win7 Compatibility mode with Run As Admin ticked still same.
I was running Pre10 for B7 OK in Compatibility mode previously with no stability issues.

I'll just use MWConfig that came with r1729 as this works OK even without using Compatibility mode. I guess because Java based so Win version agnostic.

I will look at it more today. I haven't write any app for Windows for years now. my experience is lacking.

Rudi48

Post by Rudi48 »

Hello ezio,

I have read, that changing the MultiWii version from 2.3.1 to 2.3 allows again the good function of EZ-GUI.

in MultiWii.h change:
004 #define VERSION 230 // was 231 -> Problem with EZ-GUI

Now actual EZ-GUI works again :) .

Hence, I think there is no more pressure to adopt EZ-GUI to MultiWii version 2.3.1.

By the way, it would be very nice to have the parameter "amperage" on screen 1,
like it is in MultiWiiConf: Power->Current. Format "Current: %5.1f A" of "amperage/1000" would be nice.
Please see the attached screen shot.

Regards, Rudolf
Attachments
MultiWiiConf V231r1729: Power-&gt;&quot;Current: %5.1f A&quot;
MultiWiiConf V231r1729: Power->"Current: %5.1f A"

ezio

Post by ezio »

I'm working on dashboard 4. Amperage will be there.
As for now you can check it in Raw Data section.

nitrox1

Post by nitrox1 »

Hi,

I'm having problems.
I have a nice quadcopter, using a NAZE32 board running on baseflight, with a multiwii bluetooth connection.
I've donated and am using EZ-GUI, but I'm having an issue. I don't know if it's been brought up before.

I am new and bought this program to help me setup PID's on the go. I'm using android 4.4.4 phone to connect, and think everything is OK.

However I'm missing a PID from my menu that I get on baseflight, which is ACC.

What is worse is when I adjust my throttle curve of EZ-GUI, it erases the settings for ACC and takes them to P 0 I 0 D 0, this obviously make the quad unflyable.

As ACC is missing from my menu on EZ-GUI, I can't tell if they have gone to zero, nor can I adjust it on the go. And have to go back to the laptop and baseflight.

Can you help?

nitrox1

Post by nitrox1 »

Hi,

I'm having problems.
I have a nice quadcopter, using a NAZE32 board running on baseflight, with a multiwii bluetooth connection.
I've donated and am using EZ-GUI, but I'm having an issue. I don't know if it's been brought up before.

I am new and bought this program to help me setup PID's on the go. I'm using android 4.4.4 phone to connect, and think everything is OK.

However I'm missing a PID from my menu that I get on baseflight, which is ACC.

What is worse is when I adjust my throttle curve of EZ-GUI, it erases the settings for ACC and takes them to P 0 I 0 D 0, this obviously make the quad unflyable.

As ACC is missing from my menu on EZ-GUI, I can't tell if they have gone to zero, nor can I adjust it on the go. And have to go back to the laptop and baseflight.

Can you help?