MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Leo

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by Leo »

With the latest GUI I can't edit my Waypoints without having to connect to the FC first. Is this on purpose or am I doing something wrong?

When I enter "1" for auto landing in the Waypoint "RTH" it reverts back to "0". Error in the GUI?

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

Agreed... I used to set up my missions without connecting to the FC. Now I can't do anything... It won't let me do anything until I am connected.

ezio

Post by ezio »

I will try to find a solution to make everybody happy. As for now press ez-gui logo more than 16 times.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

Leo wrote:With the latest GUI I can't edit my Waypoints without having to connect to the FC first. Is this on purpose or am I doing something wrong?

When I enter "1" for auto landing in the Waypoint "RTH" it reverts back to "0". Error in the GUI?

There shouldn't be a error in gui. Others used this with success. I will check it asap and let you know. (Just to be sure, do you use MultiWii ?)

Leo

Post by Leo »

Yes, MultiWii 2.4

GUSHELFER

Post by GUSHELFER »

first of all, congratulate !!! seeing that the new update has Spanish language !! thank you very much for it.
Now the query: it would be possible to prioritize the voices of changes in flight mode before the voices of ¨ " altitude , battery, etc " and q these come in last place in the sequence, and, I think more important is the flight mode in the q we are . from already thank you, good flights

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

GUSHELFER wrote:first of all, congratulate !!! seeing that the new update has Spanish language !! thank you very much for it.
Now the query: it would be possible to prioritize the voices of changes in flight mode before the voices of ¨ " altitude , battery, etc " and q these come in last place in the sequence, and, I think more important is the flight mode in the q we are . from already thank you, good flights

Should be better in version 3.83

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

ezio wrote:
Leo wrote:With the latest GUI I can't edit my Waypoints without having to connect to the FC first. Is this on purpose or am I doing something wrong?

There shouldn't be a error in gui. Others used this with success. I will check it asap and let you know. (Just to be sure, do you use MultiWii ?)

Fixed in 3.83

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

ezio wrote:I will try to find a solution to make everybody happy. As for now press ez-gui logo more than 16 times.

You're doing a great job... Don't get us wrong. So I can get into the app now, but of course the mission planner button is not visible. Any way to open the planner so we can create and save new missions?

Leo

Post by Leo »

ezio wrote:
ezio wrote:

Fixed in 3.83

Looks good now :)

HFMan

Post by HFMan »

Agreed! Thanks for the fix!

GUSHELFER

Post by GUSHELFER »

I did not find much information about it , but you've seen the new CONECCION bluetooth new "dragon link v3 advance" ??? communication will be possible between this , MultiWii , and ez -gui ??? thanks

mahomedia

Post by mahomedia »

Hi ezio, I've bought unlocker and am using Ez-Gui for long time.
I've build a quadcopter which works with 6s battery. Obviosly I need to monitor 25.2 volts and set alarms to 22 volts but in the Ez-Gui I'm unable to set voltage alarm level over 20.0.
If I set values in to multiwii hardcoded when uploading firmware it's ok but if I try to change it via gui it's not possible.
Can you please fix this issue quickly?

(Same problem exists in the Multiwii GUI by the way.)

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

mahomedia wrote:Hi ezio, I've bought unlocker and am using Ez-Gui for long time.
I've build a quadcopter which works with 6s battery. Obviosly I need to monitor 25.2 volts and set alarms to 22 volts but in the Ez-Gui I'm unable to set voltage alarm level over 20.0.
If I set values in to multiwii hardcoded when uploading firmware it's ok but if I try to change it via gui it's not possible.
Can you please fix this issue quickly?

(Same problem exists in the Multiwii GUI by the way.)

Most probably this is a limitation of the firmware. Maximum value that you can send is via protocol is 25V, but firmware may limit this to 20.

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

GUSHELFER wrote:I did not find much information about it , but you've seen the new CONECCION bluetooth new "dragon link v3 advance" ??? communication will be possible between this , MultiWii , and ez -gui ??? thanks

EZ-GUI need a transparent way to send data. So if this comply with this requirement it should work.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Ezio,

I have a special request if possible and if you want to incorporate it into the Ground-station, I have a number of USB joysticks and wonder if it would be too much trouble for you to add support for them to use with a 3DR or WiFi setup? The one shown below works with Windows, Mac and Linux. I have loaded your firmware onto an Android TV Box having four USB ports. The Android TV Box sees the joystick as a mouse when plugged in. I will provide you with any feedback and beta testing possible if you should decide to take on this project.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

DSC02965.JPG

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

P.S. I would be willing to purchase an unlock key for this feature. :)

xavisu

Post by xavisu »

I have a OnePlus 2 , with this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/orig-development/rom-exodus-android-6-oneplus2-t3333929
I bought unlocker , but it does not work , does not find anything to connect usb. Officially rom if I was going perfectly .

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

copterrichie wrote:Ezio,

I have a special request if possible and if you want to incorporate it into the Ground-station, I have a number of USB joysticks and wonder if it would be too much trouble for you to add support for them to use with a 3DR or WiFi setup? The one shown below works with Windows, Mac and Linux. I have loaded your firmware onto an Android TV Box having four USB ports. The Android TV Box sees the joystick as a mouse when plugged in. I will provide you with any feedback and beta testing possible if you should decide to take on this project.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

DSC02965.JPG

http://ez-gui.com/manual/controlling-a- ... he-ez-gui/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

xavisu wrote:I have a OnePlus 2 , with this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/orig-development/rom-exodus-android-6-oneplus2-t3333929
I bought unlocker , but it does not work , does not find anything to connect usb. Officially rom if I was going perfectly .

Have you selected USB in ez-GUI settings?

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

ezio wrote:http://ez-gui.com/manual/controlling-a- ... he-ez-gui/

Thank you.

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

@ ezio,
Thanks for this great job, I knew it a year ago and I use it.
Now a question: Why in these last versions it's not possible navigate into app pages if no connection with the copter. I preferred the previous versions where was possible...it's a fun to see all the pages also without connection with copter.
Thanks
By
Carlo

alll

Post by alll »

Hi,

Is there a reference of the min. and max. value ranges for all the gui and mutltiww-source variables + their mappings?

eg.:
gui : pid.1.p [0..20] mapped to c++-source conf.pid[ROLL].P8 [0..?]

many thanks
manu

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd">
<properties>
<comment>Thu Mar 14 11:23:53 CET 2013</comment>
<entry key="power.trigger">0</entry>
<entry key="pid.3.d">24.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.2.i">0.045</entry>
<entry key="pid.1.p">3.3</entry>
<entry key="rc.yaw.rate">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.2.d">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.9.p">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.1.i">0.03</entry>
<entry key="pid.0.p">3.3</entry>
<entry key="pid.1.d">23.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.9.i">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.8.p">4.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.0.i">0.03</entry>
<entry key="pid.9.d">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.0.d">23.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.8.i">0.25</entry>
<entry key="pid.7.p">9.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.8.d">100.0</entry>
<entry key="rc.rate">0.9</entry>
<entry key="rc.throttle.mid">0.5</entry>
<entry key="rc.rollpitch.rate">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.7.i">0.01</entry>
<entry key="pid.6.p">1.4</entry>
<entry key="pid.7.d">100.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.6.i">0.2</entry>
<entry key="rc.expo">0.65</entry>
<entry key="pid.5.p">2.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.6.d">0.08</entry>
<entry key="pid.5.i">0.08</entry>
<entry key="rc.throttle.rate">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.4.p">0.11</entry>
<entry key="pid.5.d">0.045</entry>
<entry key="pid.4.i">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.3.p">6.4</entry>
<entry key="pid.4.d">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.3.i">0.025</entry>
<entry key="rc.throttle.expo">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.2.p">6.8</entry>
</properties>

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

alll wrote:Hi,

Is there a reference of the min. and max. value ranges for all the gui and mutltiww-source variables + their mappings?

eg.:
gui : pid.1.p [0..20] mapped to c++-source conf.pid[ROLL].P8 [0..?]

many thanks
manu

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd">
<properties>
<comment>Thu Mar 14 11:23:53 CET 2013</comment>
<entry key="power.trigger">0</entry>
<entry key="pid.3.d">24.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.2.i">0.045</entry>
<entry key="pid.1.p">3.3</entry>
<entry key="rc.yaw.rate">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.2.d">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.9.p">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.1.i">0.03</entry>
<entry key="pid.0.p">3.3</entry>
<entry key="pid.1.d">23.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.9.i">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.8.p">4.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.0.i">0.03</entry>
<entry key="pid.9.d">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.0.d">23.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.8.i">0.25</entry>
<entry key="pid.7.p">9.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.8.d">100.0</entry>
<entry key="rc.rate">0.9</entry>
<entry key="rc.throttle.mid">0.5</entry>
<entry key="rc.rollpitch.rate">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.7.i">0.01</entry>
<entry key="pid.6.p">1.4</entry>
<entry key="pid.7.d">100.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.6.i">0.2</entry>
<entry key="rc.expo">0.65</entry>
<entry key="pid.5.p">2.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.6.d">0.08</entry>
<entry key="pid.5.i">0.08</entry>
<entry key="rc.throttle.rate">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.4.p">0.11</entry>
<entry key="pid.5.d">0.045</entry>
<entry key="pid.4.i">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.3.p">6.4</entry>
<entry key="pid.4.d">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.3.i">0.025</entry>
<entry key="rc.throttle.expo">0.0</entry>
<entry key="pid.2.p">6.8</entry>
</properties>

Max and min values are based on multiwii configurator. Each value is a byte so it is from 0 to 255 and as I remember correctly they are divided by 10 and 100 before displaying

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

carlonb wrote:@ ezio,
Thanks for this great job, I knew it a year ago and I use it.
Now a question: Why in these last versions it's not possible navigate into app pages if no connection with the copter. I preferred the previous versions where was possible...it's a fun to see all the pages also without connection with copter.
Thanks
By
Carlo

Because I got to many emails asking why buttons disappear after connection and "I paid for the app but mission planner is not available" etc.
I've sent you a PM.

NNagib

Post by NNagib »

@ezio, I have a problem w tablet Sony z4, which doesn't see BT module (cheap one from banggood) on copter (some other android devices work well). Yet, I would like to use tablet screen to draw the missions, but mission planner button is missing (app is unlocked). So, can I use mission planner "offline"? Can I connect tablet w FC (drofly v3) via usb (which cable)?
Thank you!

EDIT: I have tried USB OTG cable (with and without battery power to the FC) and EZ GUI could't connect to the flight controller.

xavisu

Post by xavisu »

ezio wrote:
xavisu wrote:I have a OnePlus 2 , with this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-2/orig-development/rom-exodus-android-6-oneplus2-t3333929

Have you selected USB in ez-GUI settings?

Yes, but it does not work , i tried driver 0 and driver 1. I have android One Plus Two 6.0.1

please, you can recommend me bluetooth module??

asti

Display debug array?

Post by asti »

Hello,

EZ-GUI is awesome!
However, I need to see the values of the debug array (debug[0], debug[1], debug[2], debug[3]). These are displayed in MultiWiiConf and WinGUI in the graph, but not in EZ-GUI.
Would be awesome if I could see them in EZ-GUI as well, displayed as graph and the number. Maybe you could provide an option for this.

Hydroculture

Post by Hydroculture »

Hi Ezio!

Thank you for better betaflight support.
Seems to work for me on a motolab tempest.

Two things...

Looptime is greyed out,
Modes tab shows a tab called "error"

Changing settings and checking via "diff" showed no problems.

Thank you

best
Holger
Attachments
Screenshot of modes page
Screenshot of modes page

TheGuv

Post by TheGuv »

Hello.

New user to EZ-GUI and working great on my Nexus7/Cleanflight-Inav.

I searched but didn't find the answer. Question: On the first screen there appears to be weather details for Helsinki. Is it possible to changed the location to another town?

'guv

ezio

MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

TheGuv wrote:Hello.

New user to EZ-GUI and working great on my Nexus7/Cleanflight-Inav.

I searched but didn't find the answer. Question: On the first screen there appears to be weather details for Helsinki. Is it possible to changed the location to another town?

'guv

It tries to guess your current location. And sometimes it fails. There is no way to change it at the moment.

TheGuv

Post by TheGuv »

ezio wrote:It tries to guess your current location. And sometimes it fails. There is no way to change it at the moment.

I see. The trouble is, the location is never even in the same country as me on either my tablet (Nexus 7 gen2) or phone (Nexus 5) even when there is working wi-fi and service (on the phone). It always says Helsinki while I am actually in Portugal.

Any ideas?

'Guv

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

Hi Ezio,
Thanks for your EZ-GUI, it's awesome.
On my smartphone Samsung all it's OK, all voice infos are good, but with my tablet Asus 10" I can't hear the speech, I only have the sound on the connection and a syren as "Arm advice" when arming, but all other info by voice nothing happen.
I've flagged/unflagged the option "text to voice" but nothing change.
What I can do ?
Bye
Carlo

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

carlonb wrote:Hi Ezio,
Thanks for your EZ-GUI, it's awesome.
On my smartphone Samsung all it's OK, all voice infos are good, but with my tablet Asus 10" I can't hear the speech, I only have the sound on the connection and a syren as "Arm advice" when arming, but all other info by voice nothing happen.
I've flagged/unflagged the option "text to voice" but nothing change.
What I can do ?
Bye
Carlo

Reply to myself,
Now all is OK, all voice advices are running.
I don't know why but it's running :D
Bye

carlonb

Post by carlonb »

Hi Ezio,
I've had a strange flyaway with my quadcopter with iNav fw, luckily the altitude was very low and so it crashed to the fence with few damages (one prop broken).
In this session luckily I had the unlocked EZ-GUI connected and set with auto log enabled, so I think I have the log to investigate about what happened (I had not enabled bb of iNav 1.6.1).
I've copied the log file "Flight_2017_03_27_15_26_45.el2" from the tablet to my P.C. but how can I decript/import in some way the .el2 file in order to investigate about the cause of the issue?

P.S. I ask it also here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2495732-Cleanflight-iNav-%28navigation-rewrite%29-project/page847

Thanks
Carlo