MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
ezio

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by ezio »

shikra wrote:Think ...
save to eeprom = for testing new values. If not happy, reboot / powercycle to restore original.
Once happy, save to eeprom to make permanant...

Its always clear once you know.... all part of teh learning process with Multiwii ... ;)

Actually this doesn't make sense.
Save to eeprom means that data will be saved and will be held after the reboot.

shikra

Post by shikra »

huh - I agree - what I wrote was not what was in my mind! Post deleted.......

alll

Post by alll »

ezio wrote:
alll wrote:Hi Ezio,

for a MultiWii 2.2
I have the unlocked version 3.94.148 on a Asus tablet. I can't save (to eeprom) the PID values, all readings are correct and working.
On my HTC phone i have an older (free version 3.7.123) and there saving to eeprom is working!

manu

Can you explain this better? Please write what you do and what happens on the screen. This is quite odd.

I am on the pid screen, change some values, press save, dialog pops up to confirm, then screen refreshes with old values.

ezio

Post by ezio »

alll wrote:
ezio wrote:
alll wrote:Hi Ezio,

for a MultiWii 2.2
I have the unlocked version 3.94.148 on a Asus tablet. I can't save (to eeprom) the PID values, all readings are correct and working.
On my HTC phone i have an older (free version 3.7.123) and there saving to eeprom is working!

manu

Can you explain this better? Please write what you do and what happens on the screen. This is quite odd.

I am on the pid screen, change some values, press save, dialog pops up to confirm, then screen refreshes with old values.

And you are on the MW 2.2 right?

alll

Post by alll »

ezio wrote:

Yes, 2.2

ezio

Post by ezio »

alll wrote:
ezio wrote:

Yes, 2.2

Are the values, you are trying to set, for RC Rate and Thr Mid different from 0 ?

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

Just to tell that I hadn't anything against the old color scheme but I like the new one more. :)

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

alll

Post by alll »

ezio wrote:
alll wrote:
ezio wrote:

Yes, 2.2

Are the values, you are trying to set, for RC Rate and Thr Mid different from 0 ?

Spot on, when Thr Mid = 0 i can't save to eeprom, when <>0 (eg:0.01) it works!

Thanks,
manu

ezio

Post by ezio »

alll wrote:
ezio wrote:

Spot on, when Thr Mid = 0 i can't save to eeprom, when <>0 (eg:0.01) it works!

Thanks,
manu

Yeap. This is the security mechanism in the app to avoid dangerous situations.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Ezio,
Fantastic App. I downloaded to my Galaxy S3 & also purchased unlock code. Is there a user guide or tips that can be downloaded?
I am wondering how to plan a mission & upload to FC via Bluetooth. I found I can plot a waypoint on map by holding screen, but how many can be set? I also can't see Upload button as there is in WinGUI.

Keep up the great work. I will give some feedback when I have some experience with App.

Magik30

Post by Magik30 »

Bravo Ezio
I love the new color the menu :P

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:Hi Ezio,
Fantastic App. I downloaded to my Galaxy S3 & also purchased unlock code. Is there a user guide or tips that can be downloaded?
I am wondering how to plan a mission & upload to FC via Bluetooth. I found I can plot a waypoint on map by holding screen, but how many can be set? I also can't see Upload button as there is in WinGUI.

Keep up the great work. I will give some feedback when I have some experience with App.

Uploading the mission: http://youtu.be/weBapctOeP4

brewski

Post by brewski »

Thanks for link.
I am connecting to quad via Bluetooth. My FC is Crius AIOP V2 with Bluetooth connected to serial 0.
Do you know why having Bluetooth plugged in when connecting battery causes ESCs, FC & GPS to not initialise.
If Bluetooth disconnected everything initialises OK & if I then connect Bluetooth no problem & I have live data to EZ GUI.

brewski

Post by brewski »

I am running MW 2.3 navi b7 on Crius AIOP V2. I am running MW Ez GUI on my Samsung Galaxy S3 & connect via Bluetooth.
If I open EZ GUI before connecting to Bluetooth I get menu with Missions, but as soon as it connects this changes to Maps & no Mission. Is this how program is designed to work? I can plot waypoints but can't upload to FC because it not connected. If I connect then I don't have option to upload. Am I missing something? :D

Another thing I can't figure out is why I don't have Mission & Land options for setting AUX switchs in either MW WinGUI, Java MW Config or MW EZ GUI.

mr_fid

Post by mr_fid »

hello All

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but why cant I get this app on my phablet? its a Samsung copy running android version 4.2.2
I really like your app but I can only get it on my phone which doesn't have GPS, so I would really like to get it on my phablet.

Thanks for any help you may have

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:I am running MW 2.3 navi b7 on Crius AIOP V2. I am running MW Ez GUI on my Samsung Galaxy S3 & connect via Bluetooth.
If I open EZ GUI before connecting to Bluetooth I get menu with Missions, but as soon as it connects this changes to Maps & no Mission. Is this how program is designed to work? I can plot waypoints but can't upload to FC because it not connected. If I connect then I don't have option to upload. Am I missing something? :D

Another thing I can't figure out is why I don't have Mission & Land options for setting AUX switchs in either MW WinGUI, Java MW Config or MW EZ GUI.

It simply means that you don't have navigation in your FC or you have something wrong in the config.h.
Ez gui detects when FC is navigation capable and removes or add buttons to menu. Missing AUX switches is the same story.

ezio

Post by ezio »

mr_fid wrote:hello All

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but why cant I get this app on my phablet? its a Samsung copy running android version 4.2.2
I really like your app but I can only get it on my phone which doesn't have GPS, so I would really like to get it on my phablet.

Try to install it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3mch7hmm7un ... BA5P0gvGSa

mr_fid

Post by mr_fid »

hello
thanks for your quick reply,
I downloaded the app from the link, but after attempting to install it, the phone says "X App not installed."
any more ideas on this? I have even brought another phone and have the same problem!

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

On your phone, have you enabled Unknown Sources? If this isn't checked, you won't be able to install the APK file.
This is found in settings/security.
Same would apply to your tablet, in trying to install the APK.

mr_fid

Post by mr_fid »

Thanks for your reply

I was filled with encouragement and hope, but alas it was not to be, the phone was set to allow "unknown sources" I tried turning it off but then it wont even allow you to try and install it. I'm really not very good with these "smart" phones I only really got one to try and get the app working!

Any more ideas?
Thanks

brewski

Post by brewski »

I have MW 2.3 Navi b7 firmware loaded.
I downloaded both firmware & WinGui again from http://eosbandi.com/downloads/ . I then made changes for UBlox GPS & Vbat monitoring, Define Buzzer, erased EEProm & uploaded to FC.
Still no Mission or Land showing in WinGui or Android MW EZ-GUI.
As mentioned in previous post I do get Mission Planner button until I connect to FC (Bluetooth connection). in EZ-GUI Settings I have tried both Auto and Nav setting.

Are there any lines in config.h that I have to modify to enable navigation?

Cheers..B

sismeiro

Post by sismeiro »

Hi,

Just to report two problems with the latest version of the EZ-GUI. When using the "back" to exit the application it will goes through all the previous windows without exiting promptly. Other problem is the dashboard 2, it's also difficult to exit it, I tried swiping in several directions but the only thing that changed was the letters size.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

Stefan90

Post by Stefan90 »

First: Great app, i love it!

2: Any chance you get the Text to Speech going when i lock my phone?
I dont need any visual information and want to carry the phone in my pocket when flying.

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:I have MW 2.3 Navi b7 firmware loaded.
I downloaded both firmware & WinGui again from http://eosbandi.com/downloads/ . I then made changes for UBlox GPS & Vbat monitoring, Define Buzzer, erased EEProm & uploaded to FC.
Still no Mission or Land showing in WinGui or Android MW EZ-GUI.
As mentioned in previous post I do get Mission Planner button until I connect to FC (Bluetooth connection). in EZ-GUI Settings I have tried both Auto and Nav setting.

Are there any lines in config.h that I have to modify to enable navigation?

Cheers..B

Do you have #define USE_MSP_WP uncommented?

brewski

Post by brewski »

No- what does this function do? Will do now.
I uncommented this code & uploaded. Still no Mission button on AUX settings on WinGUI 2.3 Pre10 for Navi b7 or MW EZ GUI.
Is Multiwii 2.3 Navi b7 the correct version I should have loaded on my Crius AIO Pro FC? WinGUI & MW EZ GUI don't seem to think so!

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:No- what does this function do? Will do now.
I uncommented this code & uploaded. Still no Mission button on AUX settings on WinGUI 2.3 Pre10 for Navi b7 or MW EZ GUI.
Is Multiwii 2.3 Navi b7 the correct version I should have loaded on my Crius AIO Pro FC? WinGUI & MW EZ GUI don't seem to think so!

Navi b7 is the correct one.
And everything else works?

brewski

Post by brewski »

Yes everything else appears to function OK. Quad flies, will Pos Hold pretty well & Return to Home with GPS enabled.

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:Yes everything else appears to function OK. Quad flies, will Pos Hold pretty well & Return to Home with GPS enabled.

and you can access to all information via BT as PID, AUX, altitude etc ?

brewski

Post by brewski »

Correct. I can view & modify all settings & perform calibrations using EZI-GUI via Bluetooth.
I do not see navigation options, besides GPS Hold & Home in EZI-GUI, Win GUI or MW Config.
I've cleared EEprom & uploaded MW 2.3 Navi b7 (16/2/14) several times with same result.
Regarding wiping EEProm. The utility in IDE clears 512 but Atmel 2560 EEProm is 4096. Should I modify EEProm clear utility to 4096?

Rust

Post by Rust »

For all of you having problems to SAVE PID settings.
Took me half a day of headache, but I found it.

If I set throttle EXPO mid point at 0.00 -> can't save any PID settings when connected with a bluetooth module.
Everything 0.01 and up -> no problems again!

Hope this helps :)

ezio

Post by ezio »

Rust wrote:For all of you having problems to SAVE PID settings.
Took me half a day of headache, but I found it.

If I set throttle EXPO mid point at 0.00 -> can't save any PID settings when connected with a bluetooth module.
Everything 0.01 and up -> no problems again!

Hope this helps :)

Sorry about that. I added this restriction as a quick fix to avoid other problems. It will be sort out in next update.

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:Correct. I can view & modify all settings & perform calibrations using EZI-GUI via Bluetooth.
I do not see navigation options, besides GPS Hold & Home in EZI-GUI, Win GUI or MW Config.
I've cleared EEprom & uploaded MW 2.3 Navi b7 (16/2/14) several times with same result.
Regarding wiping EEProm. The utility in IDE clears 512 but Atmel 2560 EEProm is 4096. Should I modify EEProm clear utility to 4096?

You can set it to 4096 to clear all eeprom. I will send you my config.h to compare asap.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Cleared EEProm using 4096 & downloaded another copy of V2.3 Navi b7. I even went into sketch & checked under multiwii that it actually stated this version.
Made mods to Config.h & uploaded to FC. Success!
I now have Missions & Land available in Aux in all programs.
I can now use full functionality of EZ-GUI. I have Spektrum DX7 7 channel TX & 8 channel RX.
Controls available on TX
AUX1 (marked Flight mode) 3 position switch
AUX2 2 position switch
AUX3 (marked Gear) 2 position

What suggestions do you have for aux assignment to get best use of the limited aux controls?

Please send your Config.h as I have done something when configuring mine that has disabled control from RX. RX Bind light is lit but I now have no control of any function. I have same model selected on TX as previously.

Thanks,
B

ezio

Post by ezio »

my config.h: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdhq34hv8vi3vbt/config.h

note that I'm using 3dr radio so the serial baud rate is set to 57600

brewski

Post by brewski »

ezio wrote:my config.h: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdhq34hv8vi3vbt/config.h

Thanks for that. I went thru my Config.h and saw PPM was set when I am using individual outputs on RX.
My Lemon 8 channel has a satellite port so maybe I can hook up using this. I've read that you can achieve extra AUX channels to play with by using PPM.
With only 3 AUX channels I can't decide which flight modes to setup to get most benefit.
Cheers..B

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:
ezio wrote:my config.h: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdhq34hv8vi3vbt/config.h

Thanks for that. I went thru my Config.h and saw PPM was set when I am using individual outputs on RX.
My Lemon 8 channel has a satellite port so maybe I can hook up using this. I've read that you can achieve extra AUX channels to play with by using PPM.
With only 3 AUX channels I can't decide which flight modes to setup to get most benefit.
Cheers..B

I have only two Aux channels. One is altitude hold and alt hold + position hold
The other RTH and Mission

brewski

Post by brewski »

Do you have any other boxes ticked with these for Angle or Horizon & what about Headfree. Mag (I assume GPS needs this) & Land.
I'm not clear how Land works. Does this do a controlled landing using ACC/Gyro + Baro?

Could you also explain the Advanced Headfree that I saw in Navi b7 Config.h.

Sorry about all the questions but it is hard to get details of features/bugfixes on any new releases.

Cheers..B

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:Do you have any other boxes ticked with these for Angle or Horizon & what about Headfree. Mag (I assume GPS needs this) & Land.
I'm not clear how Land works. Does this do a controlled landing using ACC/Gyro + Baro?

Could you also explain the Advanced Headfree that I saw in Navi b7 Config.h.

Sorry about all the questions but it is hard to get details of features/bugfixes on any new releases.

Cheers..B

I have only Angle mode always on. I don use Mag at all.
Advanced headfree - in the proximity of home it does nothing when you fly away headfree is activated.

Autolandind for me doesn't work wery well. It uses GPS for position hold. Baro is not used directly. It lands but never turns off the engines.

mr_fid

Post by mr_fid »

hello All

Sorry to bring this up again, BUT I have tried no end of things to get this app onto my phablet but still it doesn't happen, I have rooted the phablet (not really sure what that did) I have tried to install the app using a installing program (Apk Installer), I have reset it, I have tried to install the app this way and that and yet it still doesn't happen. When I use the Apk Installer I get a "Parse error"

If anyone can give me any idea on how I can achieve getting this app then I would be most grateful.

Thanks

scrat

Post by scrat »

FYI. EZ-GUI works on BlackBerry Z10. PIDs, AUX....map related stuff doesn't work.

brewski

Post by brewski »

Hi Mr_Fid,
Many Android clones (especially from China) will not be detected as valid & you cannot download from Google Playstore.
This video will enable you to download from Google Playstore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R89HtH0WfuA or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgte-DRS0_o

Enjoy! :D

zidlov

Post by zidlov »

Since the newest update, MWEzGui keeps forceclosing on me as soon as I try to open the PID menu. Other menus work.

ezio

Post by ezio »

zidlov wrote:Since the newest update, MWEzGui keeps forceclosing on me as soon as I try to open the PID menu. Other menus work.

This has been fixed 5 hour ago. Update and let me know.

mr_fid

Post by mr_fid »

Hi Mr_Fid,
Many Android clones (especially from China) will not be detected as valid & you cannot download from Google Playstore.
This video will enable you to download from Google Playstore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R89HtH0WfuA or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgte-DRS0_o

Enjoy! :D

Hello brewski
Thanks for your reply, I tried following the youtube clips but it still didn't work. I have Google playstore on my phone and can get loads of apps without a problem, but when I try to get Multiwii it says its not compatible. And when I downloaded the APK file and tried to install it I get a parse problem.

So I still cant get this app! I have spent far to long trying, I think I will have to give in and donate the phablet to the kids to destroy!

Martin

mr_fid

Post by mr_fid »

And
Its almost amusing that when I search for Multiwii on Google Playstore I get listed , Multiwii EZ-GUI Unlocker, and Multiwii EZ-GUI Logs Converter, which I would quite happily pay for, IF I could download Multiwii!!!!!!

brewski

Post by brewski »

Obviously something non compatible with the hardware. As you suggested give phablet (what made & model?) to the kids & pick up a cheap second hand Galaxy phone.
I have installed EZ-GUI on my wife's Galaxy S as well as my Galaxy S3 & runs perfectly on both. Bluetooth range on Galaxy S3 is way better than the old S as you would expect.
Any of the better HTC phones should be compatible as well or Google Nexus.

ezio

Post by ezio »

mr_fid wrote:And
Its almost amusing that when I search for Multiwii on Google Playstore I get listed , Multiwii EZ-GUI Unlocker, and Multiwii EZ-GUI Logs Converter, which I would quite happily pay for, IF I could download Multiwii!!!!!!

Install it from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3mch7hmm7un ... BA5P0gvGSa

ezio

Post by ezio »

brewski wrote:... you suggested give phablet (what made & model?) ...

TABLET!

brewski

Post by brewski »

The guy stated phablet (phone/tablet) & I thought these being a bit more upmarket than the cheaper tablets that you can pick up for under $60 should be running one of the latest versions of Android with compatible chipset.

covert

Post by covert »

I have an issue with the AUX screen. EZ-Gui is lighting up GPS-Hold when it should be lighting up GPS-Home when i'm selecting it with the configured AUX switch on the radio.

Also would be nice if the audio kept outputting when the screen on the phone turns off.