MultiWii EZ-GUI

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
no_angel

Re: MultiWii EZ-GUI

Post by no_angel »

thx for the fast reply.

1.normally i connect through usb
2.i have no cable connect to PC when i try to connect via BT
4.i will check tomorrow.
5.i must check it
6. v2.3

PatrikE

Warning!

Post by PatrikE »

Warning

Saving settings from servo Tab don't save to Eeprom!
When i switch to PID Tab and press save is saved.

Not a big Bug but annoying if you don't make a Last second Preflight check!
Reversed controls is Not so Nice...

no_angel

Post by no_angel »

4. the BT Modul is correct connected tx- rx rx-tx
5. the transferspeed is correct
:evil:

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

Nothing but good to say about EZ-GUI, especially since the addition of Naze capabilities. I use MultiWii and Naze 32 boards without problems on my Samsung S3 or my Nexus 10.

Not having read all pages of the thread, I would like to know if there is a way to get the stop/exit button back in the portrait view on my S3. Yes, I know you can exit via the menu or rotate the phone to landscape and the button is there, but at some point in time it was there in earlier releases of the software.

Any chance it could be squeezed back in?

Thanks

ezio

Post by ezio »

PatrikE wrote:Warning

Thanks for pointing that.

ezio

Post by ezio »

RC_Adik wrote:Nothing but good to say about EZ-GUI, especially since the addition of Naze capabilities. I use MultiWii and Naze 32 boards without problems on my Samsung S3 or my Nexus 10.

Not having read all pages of the thread, I would like to know if there is a way to get the stop/exit button back in the portrait view on my S3. Yes, I know you can exit via the menu or rotate the phone to landscape and the button is there, but at some point in time it was there in earlier releases of the software.

Thanks

The button was removed because to many people afraid to use it because they didn't know what it was for.

Right now the correct way to exit from the app is to press back button twice.

RC_Adik

Post by RC_Adik »

ezio wrote:
RC_Adik wrote:Nothing but good to say about EZ-GUI, especially since the addition of Naze capabilities. I use MultiWii and Naze 32 boards without problems on my Samsung S3 or my Nexus 10.

Thanks

The button was removed because to many people afraid to use it because they didn't know what it was for.

It is a shame that the button was removed because people were afraid to use it. Like what could happen, a disconnect and the bluetooth turning off? Catastrophic!
Thanks for the explanation and reasoning, but are you saying that using the exit from the phone menu and/or rotating to landscape to use the button is not correct or is that also OK?

ezio

Post by ezio »

RC_Adik wrote:
ezio wrote:

Thanks

It is a shame that the button was removed because people were afraid to use it. Like what could happen, a disconnect and the bluetooth turning off? Catastrophic!
Thanks for the explanation and reasoning, but are you saying that using the exit from the phone menu and/or rotating to landscape to use the button is not correct or is that also OK?

It is also OK.
Exit button and pressing twice back button is equal.

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

Warning

I got a similar strange behavior there. Servo settings are saved but they aren't readed out correctly It seems. It can be general issue with multiwii. It keeps forgetting my gimbalservo settings. If I save them via EZGUI they work for the flight but they aren't recalled the next time. Maybe that is what you meant with save to EEPROM but I thought thats the only place were any settings are written to.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

The settings is only saved in Ram memory.
And is lost at next reboot .

It need to be saved to Eeprom memory to be "Permanent".
And that's the function missing behind the Button!

Eeprom is equal to a harddrive on the PC.
Ram is lost every reboot.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Ignore - bad post...
Last edited by shikra on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

shikra wrote:Think ...
save to eeprom = for testing new values. If not happy, reboot / powercycle to restore original.
Once happy, save to eeprom to make permanant...

Its always clear once you know.... all part of teh learning process with Multiwii ... ;)

That's how MWiiGui works.

But EZ-Gui is more field tweaks!
Then you want to know the settings is saved!

ezio

Post by ezio »

Maybe I have forgotten add command to save values in eeprom. I will check out his today. If yes the update will be available in next 24h.

ezio

Post by ezio »

I can confirm that the problem is in EZ-GUI.I forgot to send "save to eeprom" command. It will be fixed soon.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Saving servos settings to eeprom should work now, but unfortunately I introduced another bug and opening pid configuration doesn't work. I will push the fix for this today.

BKLronin

Post by BKLronin »

Thanks PatrickE for clarification. I didn't knew how data is handled in depth.

mattster98

Post by mattster98 »

I learned today that pushing new PID data to the flight controller is a bad idea while it's in the air. Quad went out of control suddenly. Not totally sure why, but I only made slight (.005) changes to I values. I've requested the MultiWii itself prevent this from happening as well, but figured it might be good to have a double-failsafe.

Can you prevent pushing to the controller if the MultiWii is armed?

ezio

Post by ezio »

mattster98 wrote:I learned today that pushing new PID data to the flight controller is a bad idea while it's in the air. Quad went out of control suddenly. Not totally sure why, but I only made slight (.005) changes to I values. I've requested the MultiWii itself prevent this from happening as well, but figured it might be good to have a double-failsafe.

Can you prevent pushing to the controller if the MultiWii is armed?

Saving settings to eeprom takes some time and during this period control loop in flight controller doesn't work.
This should be prevented in the Multiwii code.
Btw. Send new parameters while in flight isn't bad idea and it can be done without saving them to eeprom. Long time ago to was possible in ez gui. There were functions "set" and "save to eeprom" but a lot of people didn't understand that and it produced misunderstandings and chaos.

Bart

mattster98

Post by mattster98 »

So if I make changes, but don't save to eeprom, they will be pushed, just not saved permanently?

dawagner

Post by dawagner »

duplicate
Last edited by dawagner on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dawagner

Post by dawagner »

ezio wrote:
no_angel wrote:i try to connect my multiwii pro FC via bluetooth with multiwii ez gui on my toshiba at100 . When i connect in the programm i became a warning on the screen "no data received. the bluetoothmodul is correct connected. the LED on the modul is solid on. i cant read the settings of the FC,.what can i do?

sorry for my english :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you get "no data received" warning.

1. Is your PC connect normally through USB or FTDI cable ?

2. Do you have cable connected to PC when you try to connect via BT?

4. do you have a properly connected Bluetooth module to FC board? Tx to Rx and Rx to Tx? (the problem is usually here)

5. Does your Bluetooth baud rate is set to 115200? If you got your BT module from hobbyking it should be OK if not look on YouTube for videos showing how to do it.

6. What version of MultiWii do you use?

Im having the same problem now trying to connect with my Samsung note 3. I can get the ezgui to connect just fine thru usb. The Bluetooth connects but I get the "no data received" warning. I have the multiwii pro ez 3.0 and am using the whitespy Bluetooth module too which some configured to 115200 baud. I have the bt module connected to the ez serial 0 connector which if I understand correctly is the same as putting header pins on the ones on the board. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

ezio

Post by ezio »

mattster98 wrote:So if I make changes, but don't save to eeprom, they will be pushed, just not saved permanently?

Right now every change that you push to the MW is saved in eeprom.

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

I'm having an issue with the battery voltage that I just can't figure out.

If I hook my board up over USB and run the configurator I see accurate battery voltage readings.

But in the EZ-GUI I only ever get 12.2v lately. For awhile I was getting real readings from time to time...but they always seemed to be higher than what the pack was actually at when I'd stop and check. But now I'm just getting 12.2 all the time.

My setup is an arduino mega with MW2.3 with one of the serial ports connected to an openLRSng and a bluetooth module connected to the openLRSng module on my TX.

Everything else seems to work...the artificial horizon responds almost as quickly as the USB connection and my OSD do. I can read and set PID's and other settings through the app with no issues. But my battery voltage just sits at 12.2

I'm on EZ-GUI 3.91.145 currently. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to get voltage readings working reliably.

shumifan50

Post by shumifan50 »

Hi,
The app is great!

I discovered a problem with the MultiWii firmware for the RCTimer bluetooth module though.

I have a multiwii pro board with GPS connected and working running version 2.3
I can run EZ-GUI and connect and it works fine.

However

If I move the joysticks a bit too fast or leave the board running without EZ-GUI even being connected, the MultiWii crashes and I have to powercycle the board. This is not an EZ-GUI problem - it looks like there is a problem with bluetooth in Mutiwii FC firmware version 2.3

If I disconnect the bluetooth module, it is rock solid.

I know this thread is about EZ-GUI, but it might help someone, if they get the crash, from thinking they are doing something wrong.
I now have to work out where to report the problem. I will also test with version 2.2 and see how that goes.

shumifan50

Post by shumifan50 »

I solved the problem: Before I got the bluetooth I had a Startech LCD connected on the port I subsequently used for the bluetooth module. Once I disbled the LCD in Multiwii the problem went away.
Hope this helps somebody sometime.

The app is great and I also got the unlocked version - cheap at the price.

msev

Post by msev »

Ezio would it be a chance that you would support KipK's Lightelemetry protocol for displaying some uav info..Look here for more info about lightelemetry: https://github.com/KipK/Ghettostation
Basically its a light-protocol suitable for ground osd use (his ghettosd) and antenna tracker use (his ghettostation)...Since its low baud rate it means much more range for openlrs etc. .. It would be awesome if a real gcs software like your, which has voice warning would relay the info to the user.

ezio

Post by ezio »

IMPORTANT

Saving PID settings may cause problems. RC_Rate and/or Throttle Mid Point may be set to 0 leading to completely not controllable flight.
DOUBLE CHECK THIS VALUES BEFORE FLIGHT BY READING PID SETTINGS COUPLE OF TIMES
People using Bluetooth and direct cable connection shouldn't be affected. It can be often seen when you using something with longer response time like 3DR Radio

ezio

Post by ezio »

jhitesma wrote:I'm having an issue with the battery voltage that I just can't figure out.

If I hook my board up over USB and run the configurator I see accurate battery voltage readings.

But in the EZ-GUI I only ever get 12.2v lately. For awhile I was getting real readings from time to time...but they always seemed to be higher than what the pack was actually at when I'd stop and check. But now I'm just getting 12.2 all the time.

My setup is an arduino mega with MW2.3 with one of the serial ports connected to an openLRSng and a bluetooth module connected to the openLRSng module on my TX.

Everything else seems to work...the artificial horizon responds almost as quickly as the USB connection and my OSD do. I can read and set PID's and other settings through the app with no issues. But my battery voltage just sits at 12.2

I'm on EZ-GUI 3.91.145 currently. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to get voltage readings working reliably.

Have you set battery scale correctly (VBatScale)?

Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Hi ezio great app this EZ-GUI, i'm using both MWC2.3navb7 and Naze32 Harakiri any chance to get navi running with harakiri.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

ezio wrote:IMPORTANT

Saving PID settings may cause problems. RC_Rate and/or Throttle Mid Point may be set to 0 leading to completely not controllable flight.
DOUBLE CHECK THIS VALUES BEFORE FLIGHT BY READING PID SETTINGS COUPLE OF TIMES
People using Bluetooth and direct cable connection shouldn't be affected. It can be often seen when you using something with longer response time like 3DR Radio

Any solution?

ezio

Post by ezio »

Beta version seems to work OK. Correct fix will be relased very soon.
More info here: https://plus.google.com/103659086182405 ... CGHQkgkUzV

jhitesma

Post by jhitesma »

ezio wrote:
jhitesma wrote:I'm having an issue with the battery voltage that I just can't figure out.

Pretty sure, I get correct values in the config gui connected over usb, and in my osd on a different uart.

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

ezio wrote:Beta version seems to work OK. Correct fix will be relased very soon.

How can I join the community to become a beta tester?

hanfenging

Post by hanfenging »

Hi.the app is amazing.but I try to use wifi module to connect with the EZ GUI.I always got "no data received"warning.I use the latest version of this app.I want to use this app to control my multiwii.how to unlock my multiwii.what can I do?sorry for my English.
Last edited by hanfenging on Tue May 20, 2014 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magik30

Post by Magik30 »

hi

How do you, to use the application in broad daylight, I see nothing :shock:
I use tablet and phone, and I see nothing, run must seek shade.
Just good to use when the weather is gray. :?
same for other applications.
Must invent screens to see the day. :geek:
May make an application in black and white :!: :?:
Sorry but I'll scream loud

ezio

Post by ezio »

Magik30 wrote:hi

How do you, to use the application in broad daylight, I see nothing :shock:
I use tablet and phone, and I see nothing, run must seek shade.
Just good to use when the weather is gray. :?
same for other applications.
Must invent screens to see the day. :geek:
May make an application in black and white :!: :?:
Sorry but I'll scream loud

Black and white theme is on my TO DO list.

Magik30

Post by Magik30 »

Ok Ezio, but I do not knowif better in daylight,must see, must test ;)
It is the fault to screens who are treated and too tinted.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Magik30 wrote:Ok Ezio, but I do not knowif better in daylight,must see, must test ;)
It is the fault to screens who are treated and too tinted.

Unfortunately I can't improve screens ;)

bajacondor

Post by bajacondor »

Hello,
I'm using the latest unlocked version of ez-gui with the EOSBandi NAV version of Multiwii 2.3.

On the Mission Planner screen, next at the top, to the left of the Draw button, there is a constantly spinning circle. I can draw and edit waypoints, but there seems to be no way to upload them to the multiwii board. Am I missing something?

All other GPS functions (RTH, PH) are working well.

Thank you,

David

EDIT: Never mind this question. I couldn't see the side drawer on my phone! Sun too bright, I guess.
Last edited by bajacondor on Fri May 30, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alll

Post by alll »

Hi Ezio,

for a MultiWii 2.2
I have the unlocked version 3.94.148 on a Asus tablet. I can't save (to eeprom) the PID values, all readings are correct and working.
On my HTC phone i have an older (free version 3.7.123) and there saving to eeprom is working!

manu

txpatrol

Post by txpatrol »

Hi -

I need some guidance on connecting to a 3DR via a usb/otg cable.

I have 3DR 915mghz radios and have verified that they're working via the windows gui. I also see they they are "seeing" each other when plugged in.

I'm using a 1st gen. Nexus 7 tablet with the latest 4.3 update. When I plug in the OTG cable with radio attached, the tablet recognizes it and prompts me to start the EZ-Gui app. (App is already setup to use ftdi port), but when I try to connect I get the "Unable to Connect" message. Up until attempt, I've been using it over BT so I know the app and BT connection works.

What am I doing wrong?

timjsheldon

Post by timjsheldon »

alll wrote:Hi Ezio,

for a MultiWii 2.2
I have the unlocked version 3.94.148 on a Asus tablet. I can't save (to eeprom) the PID values, all readings are correct and working.
On my HTC phone i have an older (free version 3.7.123) and there saving to eeprom is working!

manu

I'm having a similar problem sending PID values to the board via Bluetooth. I'll type the new values in and hit the send button, confirm, then the values reset. I've tried on a couple of mobile devices. I haven't tried reflashing my fc yet, so I'm going to try that first, but have you seen this before or know why it would happen?

Thanks for a great app!

ezio

Post by ezio »

jhitesma wrote:
ezio wrote:

Pretty sure, I get correct values in the config gui connected over usb, and in my osd on a different uart.

I have no idea why it is happening.

ezio

Post by ezio »

-ralf- wrote:
ezio wrote:Beta version seems to work OK. Correct fix will be relased very soon.

How can I join the community to become a beta tester?

Simply go to that link and you will find all info there

ezio

Post by ezio »

hanfenging wrote:Hi.the app is amazing.but I try to use wifi module to connect with the EZ GUI.I always got "no data received"warning.I use the latest version of this app.I want to use this app to control my multiwii.how to unlock my multiwii.what can I do?sorry for my English.

Check your connection.usually people has Tx and Rx swapped. Or maybe you have wrong baudrate set in the wifi module. I have never used wifi so I don't have experience with it.

ezio

Post by ezio »

alll wrote:Hi Ezio,

for a MultiWii 2.2

manu

Can you explain this better? Please write what you do and what happens on the screen. This is quite odd.

ezio

Post by ezio »

Gimbal wrote:Hi ezio great app this EZ-GUI, i'm using both MWC2.3navb7 and Naze32 Harakiri any chance to get navi running with harakiri.

This is not question for me. Ask on Naze32 thread.

ezio

Post by ezio »

msev wrote:Ezio would it be a chance that you would support KipK's Lightelemetry protocol for displaying some uav info..Look here for more info about lightelemetry: https://github.com/KipK/Ghettostation
Basically its a light-protocol suitable for ground osd use (his ghettosd) and antenna tracker use (his ghettostation)...Since its low baud rate it means much more range for openlrs etc. .. It would be awesome if a real gcs software like your, which has voice warning would relay the info to the user.

I think there is no demand for that.

ezio

Post by ezio »

dawagner wrote:
ezio wrote:
no_angel wrote:i try to connect my multiwii pro FC via bluetooth with multiwii ez gui on my toshiba at100 . When i connect in the programm i became a warning on the screen "no data received. the bluetoothmodul is correct connected. the LED on the modul is solid on. i cant read the settings of the FC,.what can i do?

sorry for my english :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you get "no data received" warning.

1. Is your PC connect normally through USB or FTDI cable ?

2. Do you have cable connected to PC when you try to connect via BT?

4. do you have a properly connected Bluetooth module to FC board? Tx to Rx and Rx to Tx? (the problem is usually here)

5. Does your Bluetooth baud rate is set to 115200? If you got your BT module from hobbyking it should be OK if not look on YouTube for videos showing how to do it.

6. What version of MultiWii do you use?

Im having the same problem now trying to connect with my Samsung note 3. I can get the ezgui to connect just fine thru usb. The Bluetooth connects but I get the "no data received" warning. I have the multiwii pro ez 3.0 and am using the whitespy Bluetooth module too which some configured to 115200 baud. I have the bt module connected to the ez serial 0 connector which if I understand correctly is the same as putting header pins on the ones on the board. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Tx and Rx have to be twisted. Can you check that?

ezio

Post by ezio »

mattster98 wrote:So if I make changes, but don't save to eeprom, they will be pushed, just not saved permanently?

Yes but there is no way to do it right now.