Im so confused!! noob quad help.

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
flyguy

Im so confused!! noob quad help.

Post by flyguy »

i put together a Paris v4 board with arduino mini pro 328 5v, wm+ and nk. im using a CC 10A bec, 30a plush esc and D2830-11 1100kv Brushless Motors.

Couple Questions

1. noticed today it builds up a drift to the left and back after awhile(in acc mode). i have to land and recal the gyro. any fix for this? is this a ACC thing?

2. noticed another thing. when i go to cal the ACC (from TX or software) sometimes the board locks up and the activity LED stays on. is there a special way to cal it correctly?

3. should i set thee MAXTHROTTLE in the code to the max throttle i have in the gui? (1905)

4. The quad rotates very slow. what should i adjust the YAW to? how to big of an increment should i make? 0.2 or 2? how do the values correspond to the speed? which column would i adjust?

5. do you have to do a tx cal for gyro and acc everytime you plug in a lipo or just have to do a tx cal for the gyro only?

I attached a screen shot of my GUI. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
gui.jpg
Last edited by flyguy on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyguy

Re: Im so confused!! noob quad help.

Post by flyguy »

im running firmware 1.9

chris ables

Post by chris ables »

I dont know this board but you need to repost this in the getting started section this section is current dev and bugs ! Just letting you know and you will probably get quicker response in other section !

Th0rsten

Post by Th0rsten »

flyguy wrote:1. noticed today it builds up a drift to the left and back after awhile(in acc mode). i have to land and recal the gyro. any fix for this? is this a ACC thing?
2. noticed another thing. when i go to cal the ACC (from TX or software) sometimes the board locks up and the activity LED stays on. is there a special way to cal it correctly?

Had the same problem on my early quads. Then I replaced the NC with a BMA020 from ELV and all problems were gone.

flyguy wrote:4. The quad rotates very slow. what should i adjust the YAW to? how to big of an increment should i make? 0.2 or 2? how do the values correspond to the speed? which column would i adjust?

Set YAW RATE to 0.7 - it's way faster.

flyguy wrote:5. do you have to do a tx cal for gyro and acc everytime you plug in a lipo or just have to do a tx cal for the gyro only?

Do the ACC calibration in the GUI. You can fine-trim it in the field with the stick-combinations.
The GYRO is calibrated automatically every time you plug in the Lipo. So don't move the quad for a few seconds.

flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Th0rsten wrote:
Set YAW RATE to 0.7 - it's way faster.

i dont want it too fast. just a little quicker. would 0.4 be good?

flyguy

Post by flyguy »

is the bma180 just as good?

flyguy

Post by flyguy »