Understanding the code

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
alexei14

Understanding the code

Post by alexei14 »

I want to understand how the code works , the basics of the multiwii code do you know where i could find a digram that explains some functions of it or a flow chart ? A diagram of such will help me understand the code better but there wasn`t any on the internet,nothing related to a quadrocopter code , not mentioning multiwii.

Berlin_Crash_Pilot

Re: Understanding the code

Post by Berlin_Crash_Pilot »

Hello everybody, I wonder a little that there is no answer to this question. Is this too much a newbee-question ? Or ist this a good kept secret that seperates men from boys ?
I am also very interested in understanding the code and would be glad for any kind of information or even a link to an information source.

Thanks guys.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

to the best of my knowledge no such document exists.
Basically init() and loop() are straight forward. RXinput and motors/servos outputs are handled via interrupts.
From therre, your best luck is to read the code or ask specific questions.

Most people seem to prefer the readymade firmwares for 32bit boards these days

ronco

Post by ronco »

Berlin_Crash_Pilot wrote:Hello everybody, I wonder a little that there is no answer to this question. Is this too much a newbee-question ? Or ist this a good kept secret that seperates men from boys ?
I am also very interested in understanding the code and would be glad for any kind of information or even a link to an information source.

Thanks guys.

i think its not so easy to to explain .. i once made a very simple quadcopter FW for the cheerson cx-10 .. its for a STM32f0, but the smallest working code i ever made, and seen ;)
see: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... e-Firmware
the attachments of the first post.

regards

Felix