Required NEMA Date for GPS Use

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
brettwal

Required NEMA Date for GPS Use

Post by brettwal »

Can anyone tell me what Multiwii needs to see from the GPS module? What NEMA setup should be for the module?

Thanks

brettwal

Re: Required NEMA Date for GPS Use

Post by brettwal »

Looking at the code it appears to use only GGA and/or RMC, is this correct?

Mis

Post by Mis »

Yes, only GGA and RMC are used.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

From EOSBandi's Wiki......
The GPS implementation in MultiWii (both I2c and serial) expect that your GPS receiver is
 set to 10Hz (or 5Hz) update rate
 communicates at 115200 baud speed
 and output GGA, GSA and RMC frames

Wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/i2c-gps-nav/do ... f&can=2&q=

BTW, Thank you EOSBandi for the Wiki. I printed it as a booklet and take it to the field with me.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

The minimum requirement is FRAME_GGA frames.
We could do without RMC and GSA frames without any trade-of on performances.

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

Thanks all. I am unable to successfully flash the firmware on my MTK3339 based SKYLAB SKM53 module. I can change the setting with Mini GPS but they revert back to default (9600, 1Hz) after several hours. In the latest DEV, where would I send init strings to set it back to 115,200 10Hz?

quadflyer8

Post by quadflyer8 »

brettwal wrote:Thanks all. I am unable to successfully flash the firmware on my MTK3339 based SKYLAB SKM53 module. I can change the setting with Mini GPS but they revert back to default (9600, 1Hz) after several hours. In the latest DEV, where would I send init strings to set it back to 115,200 10Hz?

My questien is nearly the same. I search a way to permanently write settings into the Meditek 3329. Have successfully flashed 10Hz / 115200 Baud firmware and my Kopter is flying ok for GPS PH or CH, but I want to set it permanently to 5Hz and using DGPS for more precise Position. In 10 Hz Mode no DGPS is possible.
I used MiniGPS or MtkDLut for changing settings in GPS Module, and this works, but setting is lost after several time and sets back to 10 Hz / 115200...

The question is:
- Is there a programm for a permanently setup ofthe GPS?
- is there a firmware for Mediatek 3329 that setups 5Hz / 38400 and DGPS on permanently (as the 10Hz / 115200 Firmware does)
- if not, we have to send a init String to get it to the desired setting at each start...at the moment I can't find a place in the Code where a initstring could be placed...

brettwal

Post by brettwal »

quadflyer8 wrote:
brettwal wrote:Thanks all. I am unable to successfully flash the firmware on my MTK3339 based SKYLAB SKM53 module. I can change the setting with Mini GPS but they revert back to default (9600, 1Hz) after several hours. In the latest DEV, where would I send init strings to set it back to 115,200 10Hz?

My questien is nearly the same. I search a way to permanently write settings into the Meditek 3329. Have successfully flashed 10Hz / 115200 Baud firmware and my Kopter is flying ok for GPS PH or CH, but I want to set it permanently to 5Hz and using DGPS for more precise Position. In 10 Hz Mode no DGPS is possible.
I used MiniGPS or MtkDLut for changing settings in GPS Module, and this works, but setting is lost after several time and sets back to 10 Hz / 115200...

The question is:
- Is there a programm for a permanently setup ofthe GPS?
- is there a firmware for Mediatek 3329 that setups 5Hz / 38400 and DGPS on permanently (as the 10Hz / 115200 Firmware does)
- if not, we have to send a init String to get it to the desired setting at each start...at the moment I can't find a place in the Code where a initstring could be placed...

I have several versions of FW for a 3329, not sure if DGPS is enabled or not but, you are welcome to try them. I cannot flash my unit, I always get a sync error.

quadflyer8

Post by quadflyer8 »

brettwal wrote:I have several versions of FW for a 3329, not sure if DGPS is enabled or not but, you are welcome to try them. I cannot flash my unit, I always get a sync error.

thanks, surely I will try them, I will sent you a pm for that :)
in my other thread I have learned, that CTRL + ALR + S will permanently save setting into EEpromm, will check this, too.