2.1 RC1 is out
As we are approaching MultiWii 2.1 release it is time to prepare to release WinGUI 2.1 too. So I pulled together the first release candidate version.
Changes : Added graphics for Airplane, VTail, Heli120 and Heli20
Fix : Serial protocol error message handling.
Test it is you have time....
2.1.04Beta is out
- Added MSP_WP command to query Home and poshold positions from the FC (appropiate changes are commited to _shared at r944) MSP_WP must be enabled in the FC by uncommenting the #define USE_MSP_WP line in the GPS section of the config.h
- MapProvider selection is now saved and remembered
- Improved KML logging (now logs routes, home position and poshold positions)
- Added parameter reset function
- Other small annoying bugfixes
2.1.03Beta is out. This is an interim release since map and waypoint functions are not yet enabled (waiting for additional serial commands to be approved).
What is new : WinGUI is now resizeable! The realtime graph, video cpature and map is now grows with the main window. Other gui elements are rearranged dynamically but don't grow (too much work to make all user control elements resizeable, this is slated to the next release)
If you want to use the map without internet connection, you can prefetch the map tiles before you go to the field. Just select your field of interest (left click and drag mouse while holding ALT) then press the Fetch button. WinGUI will cache the selected area in every zoom level.
2.1.02Beta is out, now it supports the updated serial protocol which was releases in Dev0618. optionsconfig xml also updated accordingly. Serial handling improved for radio telemetry.
Update rate settings for telemetry use
In guisettings.xml there are a couple lines which governs the refresh rates of each GUI elements.
the value is a divider which used to divide the default refresh rate (which you can set on the Realtime tab)
So if you set 20Hz update rate, then the values means :
1 - 20Hz
2 - 10Hz
10 - 2Hz
20 - 1Hz
Code: Select all
<MSP_STATUS_RATE_DIV value="10" />
<MSP_RAW_IMU_RATE_DIV value="1" />
<MSP_SERVO_RATE_DIV value="4" />
<MSP_MOTOR_RATE_DIV value="4" />
<MSP_RAW_GPS_RATE_DIV value="2" />
<MSP_COMP_GPS_RATE_DIV value="2" />
<MSP_ATTITUDE_RATE_DIV value="1" />
<MSP_ALTITUDE_RATE_DIV value="10" />
<MSP_BAT_RATE_DIV value="20" />
<MSP_RC_RATE_DIV value="2" />
<MSP_MISC_RATE_DIV value="10" />
<MSP_DEBUG_RATE_DIV value="2" />
Update 06.13 18:42
2.1.01Beta is out, fixed optionsconfig21.xml issue with non US locale settings.
The wait is over. The next version of WinGUI is released for beta testing. Now it supports the new serial protocol which was introduced after MultiWii 2.0.
Quick summary of the changes :
- Supporting Multiwii latest dev up to rel 20120606. (Since outcomes of Tommi’s rampage is not yet clear, serial protocol changes in _shared is NOT SUPPORTED at this moment. Once Alex move them to the dev then I’ll mod WinGUI to support it)
- Wider fixed window size (in sync with MultiWiiGUI)
- CheckBoxItems, mode indicators and PID’s are no longer hardcoded, they defined in optionsconfig21.xml. So adding a checkbox or a PID to the GUI is as simple as editing this xml file.
- Updated, clearer look.
- Version number is synced with MultiWii version
- MAP tab for realtime GPS tracking. (internet connection needed to make a local cache of satellite map tiles, once tiles are cached it works without internet connection.
- GPS logging to KML file.
- Visual indication of changed but not saved parameters
- Bunch of other small changes…
It is still BETA so there should be bugs. Feel free to send me a note if you find one.
Download is as usual at : http://code.google.com/p/mw-wingui/downloads/list