Gimbal Servo jitter

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
katana

Gimbal Servo jitter

Post by katana »

Hello,
I am testing a gimbal , with servo Hyperion Atlas Digital, pulley and external pot.
I want to obtain the best possible result for AP.
I’m testing the new mod for “SERVO_FAST_PWM” very promising! (for info http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1644&p=13584#p13584)

But using version 2.0 stable or mod version with 300hz refreshrate remain a big problem of servo jitter.

My configuration:
Flyduino mega, freeimu v0.4.3, frsky receiver with ppmsum.

Test:

Hyperion Atlas Servo have a software to change the deadband, If I increase this value, the jitter disappears, but the movements turn out not fluid.
I set deadband=0
CAMSTAB , deactivated (so the problem is not imputable to the IMU)

-If I connect the receiver directly to servo, there is no jitter: I have excluded the problems regarded the alimentation (external 7A bec)

- I have added toroids, for filter. Jitter remain.

- I don’t have an oscilloscope, but I think the problems are only in the PWM servo Output.

-this is a video with similar problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKoAmoAqKoc

does anyone know the cause? solution exist?

Regards Katana

copterrichie

Re: Gimbal Servo jitter

Post by copterrichie »

I toyed with the servo_fast_pwm but my servos would not handle the increased refresh rate. Back in the olden days when I was flying tricopters, the brand of servo sure made a huge difference, may want to try another brand/model if money is not a problem.

katana

Post by katana »

I think the servo is not the problem, the strangeness is that the problem only presents when I connect it to the flyduino. Servo connect directly to receiver=no jitter

Video:

https://vimeo.com/42028181

timecop

Post by timecop »

Receiver doesn't output at 300hz.

katana

Post by katana »

dongs wrote:Receiver doesn't output at 300hz.

Receiver output (50Hz)=no jitter
Flyduino Output multiwii 2.0 stable (50Hz)=Jitter
Flyduino Output multiwii 2.0 Mod (300Hz)=Jitter (same as 50hz)

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi,

well i know the main problem is the fact that we use software PWM for the servos.
i just tried to reduce the jitter with this new servo code.

on the mega is one free timer (5) with three PWM channels so i will do a servo hardware PWM code for it soon.

regards felix

katana

Post by katana »

Hi felix,
I have read with interest yours wiki (PWM_Generation ).
I hope that "Hardware PWM" + 300hz PWN can make a really usable gimbal in multiwii.

I do test willingly :D

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi,

i added gimbal hardware PWM code for the mega to my branch. to test it download all files of it (http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... es%2Fronco)
and use the GUI of the crrent shared trunk (r815+ ->http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FMultiWiiConf_shared)

to activate it go to config.h, chose you servo refresh rate (50,160 or 300 ->SERVO_RFR_XXXHZ) and uncomment MEGA_HW_GIMBAL .. :

Code: Select all

/**************************************************************************************/
  /***********************     motor, servo and other presets     ***********************/
  /**************************************************************************************/
    /* motors will not spin when the throttle command is in low position
       this is an alternative method to stop immediately the motors */
    //#define MOTOR_STOP

/* some radios have not a neutral point centered on 1500. can be changed here */
    #define MIDRC 1500

/***********************         Servo Refreshrates            ***********************/
    /* Default 50Hz Servo refresh rate*/
    #define SERVO_RFR_50HZ

/* up to 160Hz servo refreshrate .. works with the most analog servos*/
    //#define SERVO_RFR_160HZ

/* up to 300Hz refreshrate it is as fast as possible (100-300Hz depending on the cound of used servos and the servos state).
       for use with digital servos
       dont use it with analog servos! thay may get damage. (some will work but be careful)*/
    //#define SERVO_RFR_300HZ

/***********************             HW PWM Servos             ***********************/
    /* HW PWM Gimbal for Arduino Mega moves:*/
    //Pitch = pin 44
    //Roll  = pin 45

//#define MEGA_HW_GIMBAL

ill trie to do it for a bi copter too..

regards Felix

katana

Post by katana »

Felix this is my test :
roll servo don't move, and tilt servo erratic movements.(test 300 an 50 Hz, same result)

https://vimeo.com/42980693

/*************************************************************************************************/
/****           CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS                                                       ****/
/*************************************************************************************************/

/* this file consists of several sections
 * to create a working combination you must at least make your choices in section 1.
 * 1 - BASIC SETUP - you must select an option in every block.
 *      this assumes you have 4 channels connected to your arduino promini/nano/mega board with standard ESCs and servos.
 * 2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS - you likely want to check for options for your copter type
 * 3 - ALTERNATE CPUs & BOARDS - if you have
 * 4 - ALTERNATE SETUP - select alternate RX (SBUS, PPM, etc.), alternate ESC-range, etc. here
 * 5 - OPTIONAL FEATURES - enable nice to have features here (LCD, telemetry, battery monitor etc.)
 * 6 - TUNING & DEVELOPER - if you know what you are doing; you have been warned
 */

/*****************                                                                 ***************/
/****************  SECTION  1 - BASIC SETUP                                                *******/
/*****************                                                                 ***************/

/**************************    The type of multicopter    ****************************/
    //#define GIMBAL
    //#define BI
    //#define TRI
    //#define QUADP
    //#define QUADX
    //#define Y4
    //#define Y6
    //#define HEX6
    //#define HEX6X
    //#define OCTOX8
    //#define OCTOFLATP
    #define OCTOFLATX
    //#define FLYING_WING
    //#define VTAIL4
    //#define AIRPLANE     // Howto setup =>>>http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-setup-multiwii-airplane-same.html
    //*******************************************************
    // Heli is  beta test ......!
    // Howto setup =>>> http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.se/2012/04/multiwii-helicopter.html
    //#define HELI_120_CCPM  // PatrikE Experimental
    //#define HELI_90_DEG    // PatrikE Experimental

/****************************    Motor minthrottle    *******************************/
    /* Set the minimum throttle command sent to the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
       This is the minimum value that allow motors to run at a idle speed  */
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1300 // for Turnigy Plush ESCs 10A
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1120 // for Super Simple ESCs 10A
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1220
    #define MINTHROTTLE 1150

/**********************************    I2C speed   ************************************/
    //#define I2C_SPEED 100000L     //100kHz normal mode, this value must be used for a genuine WMP
    #define I2C_SPEED 400000L   //400kHz fast mode, it works only with some WMP clones and with most current boards

/***************************    Internal i2c Pullups   ********************************/
    //enable internal I2C pull ups (in most cases it is better to use external pullups)
    #define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS

/*****************          boards and sensor definitions            ******************/

/***************************    Combined IMU Boards    ********************************/
      /* if you use a specific sensor board:
         please submit any correction to this list.
           Note from Alex: I only own some boards
                           for other boards, I'm not sure, the info was gathered via rc forums, be cautious */
      //#define FFIMUv1         // first 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5843                   <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883       <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define FREEIMUv1       // v0.1 & v0.2 & v0.3 version of 9DOF board from Fabio
      //#define FREEIMUv03      // FreeIMU v0.3 and v0.3.1
      //#define FREEIMUv035     // FreeIMU v0.3.5 no baro
      //#define FREEIMUv035_MS  // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS                                                <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define FREEIMUv035_BMP // FreeIMU v0.3.5_BMP
      //#define FREEIMUv04      // FreeIMU v0.4 with MPU6050, HMC5883L, MS561101BA                  <- confirmed by Alex
      #define FREEIMUv043     // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)
      //#define NANOWII         // the smallest multiwii FC based on MPU6050 + pro micro based proc <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define PIPO            // 9DOF board from erazz
      //#define QUADRINO        // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  with BMP085 baro     <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define QUADRINO_ZOOM   // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  second edition
      //#define QUADRINO_ZOOM_MS// full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  second edition       <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define ALLINONE        // full FC board or standalone 9DOF+baro board from CSG_EU
      //#define AEROQUADSHIELDv2
      //#define ATAVRSBIN1      // Atmel 9DOF (Contribution by EOSBandi). requires 3.3V power.
      //#define SIRIUS          // Sirius Navigator IMU                                             <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define SIRIUS600       // Sirius Navigator IMU  using the WMP for the gyro
      //#define MINIWII         // Jussi's MiniWii Flight Controller                                <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define CITRUSv2_1      // CITRUS from qcrc.ca
      //#define CHERRY6DOFv1_0
      //#define DROTEK_10DOF    // Drotek 10DOF with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, BMP085, w or w/o LLC
      //#define DROTEK_10DOF_MS // Drotek 10DOF with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, MS5611, LLC
      //#define DROTEK_6DOFv2   // Drotek 6DOF v2
      //#define DROTEK_6DOF_MPU // Drotek 6DOF with MPU6050
      //#define MONGOOSE1_0     // mongoose 1.0    http://store.ckdevices.com/
      //#define CRIUS_LITE      // Crius MultiWii Lite
      //#define CRIUS_SE        // Crius MultiWii SE
      //#define OPENLRSv2MULTI  // OpenLRS v2 Multi Rc Receiver board including ITG3205 and ADXL345
      //#define BOARD_PROTO_1   // with MPU6050 + HMC5883L + MS baro
      //#define BOARD_PROTO_2   // with MPU6050 + slave  MAG3110 + MS baro
      //#define GY_80           // Chinese 10 DOF with  L3G4200D ADXL345 HMC5883L BMP085, LLC
      //#define GY_85           // Chinese 9 DOF with  ITG3205 ADXL345 HMC5883L LLC
      //#define GY_86           // Chinese 10 DOF with  MPU6050 HMC5883L MS5611, LLC
      //#define INNOVWORKS_10DOF // with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, BMP085 available here http://www.diymulticopter.com
      //#define INNOVWORKS_6DOF // with ITG3200, BMA180 available here http://www.diymulticopter.com

/***************************    independent sensors    ********************************/
      //leave it commented if you already checked a specific board above
      /* I2C gyroscope */
      //#define WMP
      //#define ITG3200
      //#define L3G4200D
      //#define MPU6050       //combo + ACC

/* I2C accelerometer */
      //#define NUNCHUCK  // if you want to use the nunckuk connected to a WMP
      //#define MMA745
      //#define ADXL345
      //#define BMA020
      //#define BMA180
      //#define NUNCHACK  // if you want to use the nunckuk as a standalone I2C ACC without WMP
      //#define LIS3LV02
      //#define LSM303DLx_ACC

/* I2C barometer */
      //#define BMP085
      //#define MS561101BA

/* I2C magnetometer */
      //#define HMC5843
      //#define HMC5883
      //#define AK8975
      //#define MAG3110

// use the Devantech SRF i2c sensors, SRF08, SRF02
      // (for now, there is no difference in the SRF0x code, but we may want to differentiate in the future.)
      //#define SRF02
      //#define SRF08
      //#define SRF10
      //#define SRF23

/* ADC accelerometer */ // for 5DOF from sparkfun, uses analog PIN A1/A2/A3
      //#define ADCACC

//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
      //#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
      //#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
      //#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = X; magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}

/****************  SECTION  2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS                               *******/

/********************************    TRI    *********************************/
    #define YAW_DIRECTION 1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
    //#define YAW_DIRECTION -1
    /* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
      #define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1020
      #define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 2000
      #define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD

/********************************    ARM/DISARM    *********************************/
   /* optionally disable stick combinations to arm/disarm the motors.
     * In most cases one of the two options to arm/disarm via TX stick is sufficient */
    #define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
    //#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

/***********************          Cam Stabilisation             ***********************/
    /* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system
       Uncomment the first line to activate it */
    //#define SERVO_MIX_TILT              //  Simple CameraGimbal By Bledy http://youtu.be/zKGr6iR54vM
    #define SERVO_TILT
    #define TILT_PITCH_MIN    1020    //servo travel min, don't set it below 1020
    #define TILT_PITCH_MAX    2000    //servo travel max, max value=2000
    #define TILT_PITCH_MIDDLE 1500    //servo neutral value
    #define TILT_PITCH_PROP   8.75      //servo proportional (tied to angle) ; can be negative to invert movement
    #define TILT_ROLL_MIN     1020
    #define TILT_ROLL_MAX     2000
    #define TILT_ROLL_MIDDLE  1500
    #define TILT_ROLL_PROP    -10.5

/* experimental
       camera trigger function : activated via Rc Options in the GUI, servo output=A2 on promini */
    //#define CAMTRIG
    #define CAM_SERVO_HIGH 1850  // the position of HIGH state servo
    #define CAM_SERVO_LOW 1300   // the position of LOW state servo
    #define CAM_TIME_HIGH 1000   // the duration of HIGH state servo expressed in ms
    #define CAM_TIME_LOW 1500    // the duration of LOW state servo expressed in ms

/***********************          Flying Wing                   ***********************/
    /* you can change change servo orientation and servo min/max values here */
    /* valid for all flight modes, even passThrough mode */
    /* need to setup servo directions here; no need to swap servos amongst channels at rx */
    #define PITCH_DIRECTION_L 1 // left servo - pitch orientation
    #define PITCH_DIRECTION_R -1  // right servo - pitch orientation (opposite sign to PITCH_DIRECTION_L, if servos are mounted in mirrored orientation)
    #define ROLL_DIRECTION_L 1 // left servo - roll orientation
    #define ROLL_DIRECTION_R 1  // right servo - roll orientation  (same sign as ROLL_DIRECTION_L, if servos are mounted in mirrored orientation)
    #define WING_LEFT_MID  1500 // left servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
    #define WING_RIGHT_MID 1500 // right servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
    #define WING_LEFT_MIN  1020 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
    #define WING_LEFT_MAX  2000 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
    #define WING_RIGHT_MIN 1020 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
    #define WING_RIGHT_MAX 2000 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]

//******************************* !!!!  Airplane Settings  !!!! *********************************//
    // Howto setup =>>> http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-setup-multiwii-airplane-same.html

#define SERVO_RATES      {100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100} // Rates in 0-100%
    #define SERVO_DIRECTION  { -1,   1,   1,   -1,  1,   1,   1,   1 } // Invert servos by setting -1

//#define FLAP_CHANNEL     AUX4       // Define the Channel to controll Flaps with.If used.
    #define FLAP_EP      { 1500, 1650 } // Endpooints for flaps on a 2 way switch else set {1020,2000} and program in radio.
    #define FLAP_INVERT    { 1, -1 }    // Change direction om flaps { Wing1, Wing2 }

//*************************** !!!!  Common for Heli & Airplane  !!!! ****************************//

//#define D12_POWER      // Use D12 on PROMINI to power sensors. Will disable servo[4] on D12

#define SERVO_OFFSET     {  0,   0,   0,  0,   0,   0,  0,   0 } // Adjust Servo MID Offset & Swash angles
    // Selectable channels:=    ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4

//****************************** !!!!  Hellicopter Settings  !!!! *******************************//
    // Channel to control CollectivePitch
    #define COLLECTIVE_PITCH      THROTTLE
    // Set Maximum available movement for the servos. Depending on modell.
    #define SERVO_ENDPOINT_HIGH {2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000};
    #define SERVO_ENDPOINT_LOW  {1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020};

// Limit the range of Collective Pitch. 100% is Full Range each way and position for Zero Pitch
    #define COLLECTIVE_RANGE { 80, 1500, 80 }// {Min%, ZeroPitch, Max%}.
    #define YAW_CENTER             1500      // Use servo[5] SERVO_ENDPOINT_HIGH/LOW for the endpoits.
    #define YAWMOTOR                0       // If a motor is useed as YAW Set to 1 else set to 0.

// Servo mixing for heli 120 Use 1/10 fractions (ex.5 = 5/10 = 1/2)
    //                   {Coll,Nick,Roll}
    #define SERVO_NICK   { +10, -10, -0 }
    #define SERVO_LEFT   { +10, +5, +10 }
    #define SERVO_RIGHT  { +10, +5, -10 }

// Servo mixing for heli 90
    //                      {Coll,Nick,Roll}
    #define SERVO_DIRECTIONS { +1, -1, -1 } // -1 will invert servo

// Limit Maximum controll for Roll & Nick  in 0-100%
    #define CONTROLL_RANGE   { 100, 100 }      //  { ROLL,PITCH }

/****************  SECTION  3 - ALTERNATE CPUs & BOARDS                                    *******/

/********                      Promini Specifig Settings           ********************/

/**************************    Hexa Motor 5 & 6 Pins    *******************************/
      /* PIN A0 and A1 instead of PIN D5 & D6 for 6 motors config and promini config
         This mod allow the use of a standard receiver on a pro mini
         (no need to use a PPM sum receiver)
      */
      //#define A0_A1_PIN_HEX

/*********************************    Aux 2 Pin     ***********************************/
      /* possibility to use PIN8 or PIN12 as the AUX2 RC input
         it deactivates in this case the POWER PIN (pin 12) or the BUZZER PIN (pin 8)
      */
      //#define RCAUXPIN8
      //#define RCAUXPIN12

/*****************             Teensy 2.0 Support(BETA)              ******************/
    // uncomment this if you use a teensy 2.0 with teensyduino
    // it needs to run at 16MHz
    //#define TEENSY20

/********   Settings for ProMicro, Leonardo and other Atmega32u4 Boards     ***********/

/*********************************    pin Layout     **********************************/
      // activate this for a better pinlayout if all pins can be used => not possible on ProMicro!
      //#define A32U4ALLPINS

/**********************************    PWM Setup     **********************************/
      // activate all 6 hardware PWM outputs Motor 5 = D11 and 6 = D13. => not possible on ProMicro! (untested!)
      // if activated:
      // Motor 1-6 = 10-bit hardware PWM
      // Motor 7-8 = 8-bit Software PWM
      // Servos    = 8-bit Software PWM
      // if deactivated:
      // Motor 1-4 = 10-bit hardware PWM
      // Motor 5-8 = 10-bit Software PWM
      // Servos    = 10-bit Software PWM
      //#define HWPWM6

/**********************************    Aux 2 Pin     **********************************/
      // aux2 pin on pin RXO
      //#define RCAUX2PINRXO

// aux2 pin on pin D17 (RXLED)
      //#define RCAUX2PIND17

/**********************************    Buzzer Pin    **********************************/
      // this moves the Buzzer pin from TXO to D8 for use with ppm sum or spectrum sat. RX (not needed if A32U4ALLPINS is active)
      // #define D8BUZZER

/***********************      Promicro version related     ****************************/
      // Inverted status LED for Promicro ver 10.
      //#define PROMICRO10

/****************  SECTION  4 - ALTERNATE SETUP                                            *******/

/******                Serial com speed    *********************************/
    /* This is the speed of the serial interface. 115200 kbit/s is the best option for a USB connection.*/
    #define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 115200

/* interleaving delay in micro seconds between 2 readings WMP/NK in a WMP+NK config
       if the ACC calibration time is very long (20 or 30s), try to increase this delay up to 4000
       it is relevent only for a conf with NK */
    #define INTERLEAVING_DELAY 3000

/* when there is an error on I2C bus, we neutralize the values during a short time. expressed in microseconds
       it is relevent only for a conf with at least a WMP */
    #define NEUTRALIZE_DELAY 100000

/********                              Gyro filters                ********************/

/*********************    Lowpass filter for some gyros    ****************************/

/* ITG3200 & ITG3205 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
         to decrease the LPF frequency, only one step per try. As soon as twitching gone, stick with that setting.
         It will not help on feedback wobbles, so change only when copter is randomly twiching and all dampening and
         balancing options ran out. Uncomment only one option!
         IMPORTANT! Change low pass filter setting changes PID behaviour, so retune your PID's after changing LPF.*/
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_188HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_98HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_20HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_10HZ      // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

/* MPU6050 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
         to decrease the LPF frequency, only one step per try. As soon as twitching gone, stick with that setting.
         It will not help on feedback wobbles, so change only when copter is randomly twiching and all dampening and
         IMPORTANT! Change low pass filter setting changes PID behaviour, so retune your PID's after changing LPF.*/
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_188HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_98HZ
      #define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_20HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_10HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_5HZ       // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

/******                Gyro smoothing    **********************************/
      /* GYRO_SMOOTHING. In case you cannot reduce vibrations _and_ _after_ you have tried the low pass filter options, you
         may try this gyro smoothing via averaging. Not suitable for multicopters!
         Good results for helicopter, airplanes and flying wings (foamies) with lots of vibrations.*/
      //#define GYRO_SMOOTHING {20, 20, 3}    // separate averaging ranges for roll, pitch, yaw

/************************    Moving Average Gyros    **********************************/
      //#define MMGYRO                         // Active Moving Average Function for Gyros
      //#define MMGYROVECTORLENGHT 10          // Lenght of Moving Average Vector
      // Moving Average ServoGimbal Signal Output
      //#define MMSERVOGIMBAL                  // Active Output Moving Average Function for Servos Gimbal
      //#define MMSERVOGIMBALVECTORLENGHT 32   // Lenght of Moving Average Vector

/********                       special receiver types             ********************/

/****************************    PPM Sum Reciver    ***********************************/
      /* The following lines apply only for specific receiver with only one PPM sum signal, on digital PIN 2
         IF YOUR RECEIVER IS NOT CONCERNED, DON'T UNCOMMENT ANYTHING. Note this is mandatory for a Y6 setup on a promini
         Select the right line depending on your radio brand. Feel free to modify the order in your PPM order is different */
      //#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM         PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Graupner/Spektrum
      #define SERIAL_SUM_PPM         ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
      //#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM         PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others

/**********************    Spektrum Satellite Reciver    *******************************/
      /* The following lines apply only for Spektrum Satellite Receiver
         Spektrum Satellites are 3V devices.  DO NOT connect to 5V!
         For MEGA boards, attach sat grey wire to RX1, pin 19. Sat black wire to ground. Sat orange wire to Mega board's 3.3V (or any other 3V to 3.3V source).
         For PROMINI, attach sat grey to RX0.  Attach sat black to ground.
           There is no 3.3V source on a pro mini; you can either use a different 3V source, or attach orange to 5V with a 3V regulator in-line (such as http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=MCP1700-3002E/TO-ND)
           If you use an inline-regulator, a standard 3-pin servo connector can connect to ground, +5V, and RX0; solder the correct wires (and the 3V regulator!) to a Spektrum baseRX-to-Sat cable that has been cut in half.
           NOTE: Because there is only one serial port on the Pro Mini, using a Spektrum Satellite implies you CANNOT use the PC based configuration tool. Further, you cannot use on-aircraft serial LCD as the baud rates are incompatible. You can configure by one of two methods:
             1) Use an on-aircraft i2c LCD (such as Eagle Tree or LCD03) for setting gains, reading sensors, etc.
             2) Available now: Comment out the Spektrum definition, upload, plug in PC, configure; uncomment the Spektrum definition, upload, plug in RX, and fly.  Repeat as required to configure. */
      //#define SPEKTRUM 1024
      //#define SPEKTRUM 2048

/*******************************    SBUS RECIVER    ************************************/
      /* EXPERIMENTAL !!
         cf http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=289
         The following line apply only for Futaba S-Bus Receiver on MEGA boards at RX1 only (Serial 1).
         You have to invert the S-Bus-Serial Signal e.g. with a Hex-Inverter like IC SN74 LS 04 */
      //#define SBUS

/*******************  to input RC signal with the serial port  ************************/
      //#define RCSERIAL

/********          special ESC (wii-ESC) with extended range       ********************/
//#define MINCOMMAND 1000
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1080
//#define MAXTHROTTLE 2000
//#define EXT_MOTOR_RANGE

/****************  SECTION  5 - OPTIONAL FEATURES                                          *******/

/* Pseudo-derivative conrtroller for level mode (experimental)
     Additional information: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=503 */
  //#define LEVEL_PDF

/********                          Failsave settings                 ********************/
    /* Failsafe check pulse on THROTTLE channel. If the pulse is OFF (on only THROTTLE or on all channels) the failsafe procedure is initiated.
       After FAILSAVE_DELAY time of pulse absence, the level mode is on (if ACC or nunchuk is avaliable), PITCH, ROLL and YAW is centered
       and THROTTLE is set to FAILSAVE_THR0TTLE value. You must set this value to descending about 1m/s or so for best results.
       This value is depended from your configuration, AUW and some other params.
       Next, afrer FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY the copter is disarmed, and motors is stopped.
       If RC pulse coming back before reached FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY time, after the small quard time the RC control is returned to normal.
       If you use serial sum PPM, the sum converter must completly turn off the PPM SUM pusles for this FailSafe functionality.*/
    //#define FAILSAFE                                  // uncomment  to activate the failsafe function
    #define FAILSAVE_DELAY     10                     // Guard time for failsafe activation after signal lost. 1 step = 0.1sec - 1sec in example
    #define FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY 200                    // Time for Landing before motors stop in 0.1sec. 1 step = 0.1sec - 20sec in example
    #define FAILSAVE_THR0TTLE  (MINTHROTTLE + 200)    // Throttle level used for landing - may be relative to MINTHROTTLE - as in this case

/*****************                DFRobot LED RING    *********************************/
    /* I2C DFRobot LED RING communication */
    //#define LED_RING

/********************************    LED FLASHER    ***********************************/
    //#define LED_FLASHER
    //#define LED_FLASHER_DDR DDRB
    //#define LED_FLASHER_PORT PORTB
    //#define LED_FLASHER_BIT PB4
    // create double flashes
    //#define LED_FLASHER_SEQUENCE ( (uint8_t) (1<<0 | 1<<2) )

/*************************    INFLIGHT ACC Calibration    *****************************/
    /* This will activate the ACC-Inflight calibration if unchecked */
    //#define INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION

/**************************    rc option-change beep    *******************************/
    //#define RCOPTIONSBEEP        //uncomment this if you want the buzzer to beep at any rcOptions change on channel Aux1 to Aux4

/**************************    Disable WMP power pin     *******************************/
    /* disable use of the POWER PIN */
    /* sorry, but this needs clarification about purpose and side effects */
    /* what happens when enabled/disabled? what to set it to for using D12 as aux2 input? need it be set or left alone or does not matter?*/
    /* is this not equal to D12_POWER? */
    //#define DISABLE_POWER_PIN

/***********************                  TX-related         **************************/

/* introduce a deadband around the stick center
       Must be greater than zero, comment if you dont want a deadband on roll, pitch and yaw */
    //#define DEADBAND 6

/***********************                  GPS                **************************/

/* GPS using a SERIAL port
       only available on MEGA boards (this might be possible on 328 based boards in the future)
       if enabled, define here the Arduino Serial port number and the UART speed
       note: only the RX PIN is used, the GPS is not configured by multiwii
       the GPS must be configured to output NMEA sentences (which is generally the default conf for most GPS devices)
       uncomment the first line to select the GPS serial port of the arduino */
    #define GPS_SERIAL 2 // should be 2 for flyduino v2. It's the serial port number on arduino MEGA
    #define GPS_BAUD   9600

/* I2C GPS device made with an independant arduino + GPS device
       including some navigation functions
       contribution from EOSBandi
       http://code.google.com/p/i2c-gps-nav/ */
    //#define I2C_GPS

/* GPS data readed from OSD -- still need some more code to work */
    //#define GPS_FROM_OSD

/* GPS navigation can control the heading */

#define NAV_CONTROLS_HEADING       true      // copter faces toward the navigation point, maghold must be enabled for it
    #define NAV_TAIL_FIRST             false     // true - copter comes in with tail first
    #define NAV_SET_TAKEOFF_HEADING    true      // true - when copter arrives to home position it rotates it's head to takeoff direction

#define MAG_DECLINIATION  3.42f              //Treviso
    //Get your magnetic decliniation from here : http://magnetic-declination.com/
    //Convert the degree+minutes into decimal degree by ==> degree+minutes*(1/60)
    //Note the sign on declination it could be negative or positive (WEST or EAST)

#define GPS_FILTERING              true      // add a 5 element moving average filter to GPS coordinates, helps eliminate gps noise but adds latency
    #define GPS_LOW_SPEED_D_FILTER     true      // below .5m/s speed ignore D term for POSHOLD_RATE, theoretically this also removed D term induced noise
    #define GPS_WP_RADIUS              200       // if we are within this distance to a waypoint then we consider it reached (distance is in cm)

/***********************        LCD/OLED - display settings       *********************/

/* uncomment this line if you plan to use a LCD or OLED */
      //#define LCD_CONF

/* to include setting the aux switches for AUX1 -> AUX4 via LCD */ //to review (activate[] is now 16 bit long)
      //#define LCD_CONF_AUX

/* if program gets too large (>32k), need to exclude some functionality */
      /* uncomment to suppress some unwanted aux3 aux4 items in config menu (only useful if LCD_CONF_AUX is enabled) */
      //#define SUPPRESS_LCD_CONF_AUX34

/*****************************   The type of LCD     **********************************/
      /* choice of LCD attached for configuration and telemetry, see notes below */
      //#define LCD_SERIAL3W    // Alex' initial variant with 3 wires, using rx-pin for transmission @9600 baud fixed
      /* serial (wired or wireless via BT etc.) */
      //#define LCD_TEXTSTAR    // Cat's Whisker LCD_TEXTSTAR Module CW-LCD-02 (Which has 4 input keys for selecting menus)
      //#define LCD_VT100       // vt100 compatible terminal emulation (blueterm, putty, etc.)
      /* i2c devices */
      //#define LCD_ETPP        // Eagle Tree Power Panel LCD, which is i2c (not serial)
      //#define LCD_LCD03       // LCD03, which is i2c
      //#define OLED_I2C_128x64 // OLED http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1350

/******************************   Logo settings     ***********************************/
      //#define SUPPRESS_OLED_I2C_128x64LOGO  // suppress display of OLED logo to save memory

/* style of display - AUTODETECTED via LCD_ setting - only activate to overwrite defaults */
      //#define DISPLAY_2LINES
      //#define DISPLAY_MULTILINE
      //#define MULTILINE_PRE 2  // multiline configMenu # pref lines
      //#define MULTILINE_POST 6 // multiline configMenu # post lines
    /********************************    Navigation     ***********************************/
    /* keys to navigate the LCD menu (preset to LCD_TEXTSTAR key-depress codes)*/
      #define LCD_MENU_PREV 'a'
      #define LCD_MENU_NEXT 'c'
      #define LCD_VALUE_UP 'd'
      #define LCD_VALUE_DOWN 'b'

/* To use an LCD03 for configuration:
       http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/Lcd03tech.htm
       Remove the jumper on its back to set i2c control.
       VCC to +5V VCC (pin1 from top)
       SDA - Pin A4 Mini Pro - Pin 20 Mega (pin2 from top)
       SCL - Pin A5 Mini Pro - Pin 21 Mega (pin3 from top)
       GND to Ground (pin4 from top)*/

/* To use an Eagle Tree Power Panel LCD for configuration:
       White wire  to Ground
       Red wire    to +5V VCC (or to the WMP power pin, if you prefer to reset everything on the bus when WMP resets)
       Yellow wire to SDA - Pin A4 Mini Pro - Pin 20 Mega
       Brown wire  to SCL - Pin A5 Mini Pro - Pin 21 Mega */

/* Cat's whisker LCD_TEXTSTAR LCD
         Pleae note this display needs a full 4 wire connection to (+5V, Gnd, RXD, TXD )
         Configure display as follows: 115K baud, and TTL levels for RXD and TXD, terminal mode
         NO rx / tx line reconfiguration, use natural pins.
         The four buttons sending 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' are supported for configuration navigation and request of telemetry pages 1-4 */

/***********************                telemetry            **************************/

/* to monitor system values (battery level, loop time etc. with LCD enable this */
    /* note: for now you must send single characters to request  different pages */
    /* Buttons toggle request for page on/off */
    /* The active page on the LCD does get updated automatically */
    /* Easy to use with Terminal application or display like LCD - if available uses the 4 preconfigured buttons  to send 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' */
    /********************************    Activation     ***********************************/
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY

/* to enable automatic hopping between a choice of telemetry pages uncomment this. */
    /* This may be useful if your LCD has no buttons or the sending is broken */
    /* hopping is activated and deactivated in unarmed mode with throttle=low & roll=left & pitch=forward */
    /* set it to the sequence of telemetry pages you want to see */
    /* 2 line displays support pages 1-9 */
    /* multiline displays support pages 1-5 */
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO "123452679" // pages 1 to 7 in ascending order
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO  "212232425262729" // strong emphasis on page 2

/* on telemetry page B (2) it gives a bar graph which shows how much voltage battery has left. Range from 0 to 12 Volt is not very informative */
    /* so we try do define a meaningful range. For a 3S battery we define full=12,6V and calculate how much it is above first warning level */
    /* Example: 12.6V - VBATLEVEL1_3S  (for me = 126 - 102 = 24) */
    #define VBATREF 24

/* uncomment to suppress some unwanted telemetry pages (only useful if telemetry is enabled) */
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_1
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_2
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_3
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_4
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_5
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_6
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_7
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_8
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_9

/********************************************************************/
  /****           battery voltage monitoring                       ****/

/* for V BAT monitoring
       after the resistor divisor we should get [0V;5V]->[0;1023] on analog V_BATPIN
       with R1=33k and R2=51k
       vbat = [0;1023]*16/VBATSCALE */
    //#define VBAT              // uncomment this line to activate the vbat code
    #define VBATSCALE     131 // change this value if readed Battery voltage is different than real voltage
    #define VBATLEVEL1_3S 107 // 10,7V
    #define VBATLEVEL2_3S 103 // 10,3V
    #define VBATLEVEL3_3S 99  // 9.9V
    #define NO_VBAT       16 // Avoid beeping without any battery

/****           powermeter (battery capacity monitoring)         ****/

/* enable monitoring of the power consumption from battery (think of mAh) */
    /* allows to set alarm value in GUI or via LCD */
    /* Two options: */
    /* 1 - soft: - (good results +-5% for plush and mystery ESCs @ 2S and 3S, not good with SuperSimple ESC */
    /*      00. relies on your combo of battery type (Voltage, cpacity), ESC, ESC settings, motors, props and multiwii cycle time */
    /*      01. set POWERMETER soft. Uses PLEVELSCALE = 50, PLEVELDIV = PLEVELDIVSOFT = 5000 */
    /*      0. output is a value that linearily scales to power (mAh) */
    /*      1. get voltage reading right first */
    /*      2. start with freshly charged battery */
    /*      3. go fly your typical flight (routine and duration) */
    /*      4. at end connect to GUI or LCD and read the power value; write it down (example 4711)*/
    /*      5. charge battery, write down amount of energy needed (example 722 mAh) */
    /*      6. compute alarm value for desired power threshold (example 750 mAh : alarm = 4711 / 722 * 750) */
    /*      7. set alarm value in GUI or LCD */
    /*      8. enjoy your new battery alarm - possibly repeat steps 2 .. 7 */
    /*      9. if you want the numbers to represent your mAh value, you must change PLEVELDIV */
    /* 2 - hard: - (uses hardware sensor, after configuration gives reasonable results */
    /*      00. uses analog pin 2 to read voltage output from sensor. */
    /*      01. set POWERMETER hard. Uses PLEVELSCALE = 50 */
    /*      02. install low path filter for 25 Hz to sensor input */
    /*      03. check your average cycle time. If not close to 3ms, then you must change PLEVELDIV accordingly */
    /*      1. compute PLEVELDIV for your sensor (see below for insturctions) */
    /*      2. set PLEVELDIVSOFT to 5000 ( to use LOG_VALUES for individual motor comparison) */
    /*      3. attach, set PSENSORNULL and  PINT2mA */
    /*      4. configure, compile, upload, set alarm value in GUI or LCD */
    /*      3. enjoy true readings of mAh consumed */
    /* set POWERMETER to "soft" (1) or "hard" (2) depending on sensor you want to utilize */
    //#define POWERMETER_SOFT
    //#define POWERMETER_HARD
    /* the sum of all powermeters ranges from [0:60000 e4] theoretically. */
    /* the alarm level from eeprom is out of [0:255], so we multipy alarm level with PLEVELSCALE and with 1e4 before comparing */
    /* PLEVELSCALE is the step size you can use to set alarm */
    #define PLEVELSCALE 50 // if you change this value for other granularity, you must search for comments in code to change accordingly
    /* larger PLEVELDIV will get you smaller value for power (mAh equivalent) */
    #define PLEVELDIV 5000 // default for soft - if you lower PLEVELDIV, beware of overrun in uint32 pMeter
    #define PLEVELDIVSOFT PLEVELDIV // for soft always equal to PLEVELDIV; for hard set to 5000
    //#define PLEVELDIV 1361L // to convert the sum into mAh divide by this value
    /* amploc 25A sensor has 37mV/A */
    /* arduino analog resolution is 4.9mV per unit; units from [0..1023] */
    /* sampling rate 20ms, approx 19977 micro seconds */
    /* PLEVELDIV = 37 / 4.9  * 10e6 / 18000  * 3600 / 1000  = 1361L */
    /* set to analogRead() value for zero current */
    #define PSENSORNULL 510 // for I=0A my sensor gives 1/2 Vss; that is approx 2.49Volt
    #define PINT2mA 13 // for telemtry display: one integer step on arduino analog translates to mA (example 4.9 / 37 * 100

/****************  SECTION  6 - TUNING & DEVELOPER                                  **************/

/********                      Special Throttle settings             ********************/

/* this is the value for the ESCs when they are not armed
       in some cases, this value must be lowered down to 900 for some specific ESCs */
    #define MINCOMMAND 1000

/* this is the maximum value for the ESCs at full power
       this value can be increased up to 2000 */
    #define MAXTHROTTLE 1850

/***********************     motor, servo and other presets     ***********************/
    #define MOTOR_STOP

/* some radios have not a neutral point centered on 1500. can be changed here */
    #define MIDRC 1500

/***********************         Servo Refreshrates            ***********************/
    #define SERVO_RFR_50HZ

/* up to 300Hz refreshrate it is as fast as possible (100-300Hz depending on the cound of used servos and the servos state).
       dont use it with analog servos! thay may get damage. (some will work but be careful)*/
    //#define SERVO_RFR_300HZ

/***********************             HW PWM Servos             ***********************/
    //Pitch = pin 44
    //Roll  = pin 45

#define MEGA_HW_GIMBAL

/****           IMU complimentary filter tuning                  ****/

/* Set the Low Pass Filter factor for ACC */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce ACC noise (visible in GUI), but would increase ACC lag time*/
    /* Comment this if  you do not want filter at all.*/
    //#define ACC_LPF_FACTOR 100

/* Set the Low Pass Filter factor for Magnetometer */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce Magnetometer noise (not visible in GUI), but would increase Magnetometer lag time*/
    /* Default WMC value: n/a*/
    //#define MG_LPF_FACTOR 4

/* Set the Gyro Weight for Gyro/Acc complementary filter */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce and delay Acc influence on the output of the filter*/
    /* Default WMC value: 300*/
    //#define GYR_CMPF_FACTOR 400.0f

/* Set the Gyro Weight for Gyro/Magnetometer complementary filter */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce and delay Magnetometer influence on the output of the filter*/
    //#define GYR_CMPFM_FACTOR 200.0f

/****           diagnostics                                      ****/

/* to log values like max loop time and others to come */
    /* logging values are visible via LCD config */
    /* set to 2, if you want powerconsumption on a per motor basis (this uses the big array and is a memory hog, if POWERMETER <> PM_SOFT) */
    //#define LOG_VALUES 1

/* to add debugging code */
    /* not needed and not recommended for normal operation */
    /* will add extra code that may slow down the main loop or make copter non-flyable */
    //#define DEBUG

/* Use this to trigger LCD configuration without a TX - only for debugging - do NOT fly with this activated */
    //#define LCD_CONF_DEBUG

/* Use this to trigger telemetry without a TX - only for debugging - do NOT fly with this activated */
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_DEBUG  //This form rolls between all screens, LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO must also be defined.
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_DEBUG 6  //This form stays on the screen specified.

/****           ESCs calibration                                 ****/

/* to calibrate all ESCs connected to MWii at the same time (useful to avoid unplugging/re-plugging each ESC)  */
    /* Warning: this creates a special version of MultiWii Code */
    /* You cannot fly with this special version. It is only to be used for calibrating ESCs */
    /* Read How To at http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/wiki/ESCsCalibration */
    #define ESC_CALIB_LOW  MINCOMMAND
    #define ESC_CALIB_HIGH 2000
    //#define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY  // uncomment to activate

/****           internal frequencies                             ****/
    /* frequenies for rare cyclic actions in the main loop, depend on cycle time! */
    /* time base is main loop cycle time - a value of 6 means to trigger the action every 6th run through the main loop */
    /* example: with cycle time of approx 3ms, do action every 6*3ms=18ms */
    /* value must be [1; 65535] */
    #define LCD_TELEMETRY_FREQ 23       // to send telemetry data over serial 23 <=> 60ms <=> 16Hz (only sending interlaced, so 8Hz update rate)
    #define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO_FREQ 667 // to step to next telemetry page 667 <=> 2s
    #define PSENSORFREQ 6               // to read hardware powermeter sensor 6 <=> 18ms
    #define VBATFREQ PSENSORFREQ        // to read battery voltage - keep equal to PSENSORFREQ unless you know what you are doing

/****           END OF CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS                                                ****/

ronco

Post by ronco »

katana wrote:Felix this is my test :
roll servo don't move, and tilt servo erratic movements.(test 300 an 50 Hz, same result)

https://vimeo.com/42980693

hi katana,

there must be something wrong with your setup .. i have a mega here now and the servos move just like thay should..
i just tested it with bad analog servos...

did you use pin 44 and 45? and if you have a flyduino mega you know that the pins 44, 45 & 46 need a extra power on +5v?

regards Felix

ronco

Post by ronco »

one thing..

i updated my branch today .. i dont did changes to the HW PWM gimbal code .. but i did that test with the newest version..

regards felix

ronco

Post by ronco »

i found the reason for this behavior .. it was my mistake :(

there was a bug in the PPM rx code of my branch.. i fixed it.. so it should work now :)

regards felix

katana

Post by katana »

ronco wrote:i found the reason for this behavior .. it was my mistake :(

there was a bug in the PPM rx code of my branch.. i fixed it.. so it should work now :)

regards felix

Thank you very much Felix for the work that you are doing.

this afternoon I try the new release. Now I download it.

regards katana

katana

Post by katana »

Another test.
download, upload and this is the result: https://vimeo.com/43046514

Random but big jitter only in the tilt servo (test 50Hz and 300Hz, the same result), the roll it's ok! i have switch the servo wire and the problem not depend to servo, it's an output problem.

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi katana,

thanks for thist test .. one problem is.. i changed a lot of other things in my branch :P so you may do a test without a rx connected?

just to see if it is the output or the rx code..

regards felix

katana

Post by katana »

Ok Felix, without TX connected the gimbal have no jitter.
Rx code is the problem...
regards katana

ronco

Post by ronco »

ok .. i thought there was less RX value smoothing needed with my code .. but now i changed it back to what it was .. so you may download the new RX.pde of my brach and check it again ? :)

regards felix

katana

Post by katana »

The problem remains but it is less present, involves exclusively the tilt servo (like before)

katana

ronco

Post by ronco »

hi katana,

i put the HW PWM gibal code now in a fresh copy of the current shared trunk ->http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/source/browse/#svn%2Fbranches%2Fronco%2FMultiWii_HW_PWM_Gimbal

it would be nice to know if the jitter is still present or eaven more or less .. this would help me to improve the RX code which seems to be the problem ATM. ;)

regards felix

katana

Post by katana »

Felix, i have test the last release, there something wrong.

1) the servo is moving not coordinated with the horizon of the multicopter, it is as if the output command of the roll were sent to the servo of the roll and tilt.
2)the command of the gimbal tilt dosen't work.

katana

ronco

Post by ronco »

hi,

hmm in my tests it seems to work .. and i only added the HW PWM gimbal code there is no other modification

and the used PWM register gets just the servo values .. does this also happen if you disable MEGA_HW_GIMBAL?

regards Felix

katana

Post by katana »

Today I have not much time for the tests, tomorrow I am trying again disabling MEGA_HW_GIMBAL.
This is my config.h

/****           CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS                                                       ****/

/* this file consists of several sections
 * to create a working combination you must at least make your choices in section 1.
 * 1 - BASIC SETUP - you must select an option in every block.
 *      this assumes you have 4 channels connected to your arduino promini/nano/mega board with standard ESCs and servos.
 * 2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS - you likely want to check for options for your copter type
 * 3 - ALTERNATE CPUs & BOARDS - if you have
 * 4 - ALTERNATE SETUP - select alternate RX (SBUS, PPM, etc.), alternate ESC-range, etc. here
 * 5 - OPTIONAL FEATURES - enable nice to have features here (LCD, telemetry, battery monitor etc.)
 * 6 - TUNING & DEVELOPER - if you know what you are doing; you have been warned
 */

/****************  SECTION  1 - BASIC SETUP                                                *******/

/**************************    The type of multicopter    ****************************/
    //#define GIMBAL
    //#define BI
    //#define TRI
    //#define QUADP
    //#define QUADX
    //#define Y4
    //#define Y6
    //#define HEX6
    //#define HEX6X
    //#define OCTOX8
    //#define OCTOFLATP
    #define OCTOFLATX
    //#define FLYING_WING
    //#define VTAIL4
    //#define AIRPLANE     // Howto setup =>>>http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-setup-multiwii-airplane-same.html
    // Heli is  beta test ......!
    // Howto setup =>>> http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.se/2012/04/multiwii-helicopter.html
    //#define HELI_120_CCPM  // PatrikE Experimental
    //#define HELI_90_DEG    // PatrikE Experimental

/****************************    Motor minthrottle    *******************************/
    /* Set the minimum throttle command sent to the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
       This is the minimum value that allow motors to run at a idle speed  */
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1300 // for Turnigy Plush ESCs 10A
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1120 // for Super Simple ESCs 10A
    //#define MINTHROTTLE 1220
    #define MINTHROTTLE 1150

/**********************************    I2C speed   ************************************/
    //#define I2C_SPEED 100000L     //100kHz normal mode, this value must be used for a genuine WMP
    #define I2C_SPEED 400000L   //400kHz fast mode, it works only with some WMP clones and with most current boards

/***************************    Internal i2c Pullups   ********************************/
    //enable internal I2C pull ups (in most cases it is better to use external pullups)
    #define INTERNAL_I2C_PULLUPS

/*****************          boards and sensor definitions            ******************/

/***************************    Combined IMU Boards    ********************************/
      /* if you use a specific sensor board:
         please submit any correction to this list.
           Note from Alex: I only own some boards
                           for other boards, I'm not sure, the info was gathered via rc forums, be cautious */
      //#define FFIMUv1         // first 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5843                   <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883       <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define FREEIMUv1       // v0.1 & v0.2 & v0.3 version of 9DOF board from Fabio
      //#define FREEIMUv03      // FreeIMU v0.3 and v0.3.1
      //#define FREEIMUv035     // FreeIMU v0.3.5 no baro
      //#define FREEIMUv035_MS  // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS                                                <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define FREEIMUv035_BMP // FreeIMU v0.3.5_BMP
      //#define FREEIMUv04      // FreeIMU v0.4 with MPU6050, HMC5883L, MS561101BA                  <- confirmed by Alex
      #define FREEIMUv043     // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)
      //#define NANOWII         // the smallest multiwii FC based on MPU6050 + pro micro based proc <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define PIPO            // 9DOF board from erazz
      //#define QUADRINO        // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  with BMP085 baro     <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define QUADRINO_ZOOM   // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  second edition
      //#define QUADRINO_ZOOM_MS// full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  second edition       <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define ALLINONE        // full FC board or standalone 9DOF+baro board from CSG_EU
      //#define AEROQUADSHIELDv2
      //#define ATAVRSBIN1      // Atmel 9DOF (Contribution by EOSBandi). requires 3.3V power.
      //#define SIRIUS          // Sirius Navigator IMU                                             <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define SIRIUS600       // Sirius Navigator IMU  using the WMP for the gyro
      //#define MINIWII         // Jussi's MiniWii Flight Controller                                <- confirmed by Alex
      //#define CITRUSv2_1      // CITRUS from qcrc.ca
      //#define CHERRY6DOFv1_0
      //#define DROTEK_10DOF    // Drotek 10DOF with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, BMP085, w or w/o LLC
      //#define DROTEK_10DOF_MS // Drotek 10DOF with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, MS5611, LLC
      //#define DROTEK_6DOFv2   // Drotek 6DOF v2
      //#define DROTEK_6DOF_MPU // Drotek 6DOF with MPU6050
      //#define DROTEK_10DOF_MPU//
      //#define MONGOOSE1_0     // mongoose 1.0    http://store.ckdevices.com/
      //#define CRIUS_LITE      // Crius MultiWii Lite
      //#define CRIUS_SE        // Crius MultiWii SE
      //#define OPENLRSv2MULTI  // OpenLRS v2 Multi Rc Receiver board including ITG3205 and ADXL345
      //#define BOARD_PROTO_1   // with MPU6050 + HMC5883L + MS baro
      //#define BOARD_PROTO_2   // with MPU6050 + slave  MAG3110 + MS baro
      //#define GY_80           // Chinese 10 DOF with  L3G4200D ADXL345 HMC5883L BMP085, LLC
      //#define GY_85           // Chinese 9 DOF with  ITG3205 ADXL345 HMC5883L LLC
      //#define GY_86           // Chinese 10 DOF with  MPU6050 HMC5883L MS5611, LLC
      //#define INNOVWORKS_10DOF // with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, BMP085 available here http://www.diymulticopter.com
      //#define INNOVWORKS_6DOF // with ITG3200, BMA180 available here http://www.diymulticopter.com
      //#define IOI_MINI_MULTIWII// www.bambucopter.com
      //#define Bobs_6DOF_V1    // BobsQuads 6DOF V1 with ITG3200 & BMA180
      //#define Bobs_9DOF_V1    // BobsQuads 9DOF V1 with ITG3200, BMA180 & HMC5883L
      //#define Bobs_10DOF_BMP_V1 // BobsQuads 10DOF V1 with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883L & BMP180 - BMP180 is software compatible with BMP085
      //#define FLYDUINO_MPU

/***************************    independent sensors    ********************************/
      //leave it commented if you already checked a specific board above
      /* I2C gyroscope */
      //#define WMP
      //#define ITG3200
      //#define L3G4200D
      //#define MPU6050       //combo + ACC

/* I2C accelerometer */
      //#define NUNCHUCK  // if you want to use the nunckuk connected to a WMP
      //#define MMA745
      //#define ADXL345
      //#define BMA020
      //#define BMA180
      //#define NUNCHACK  // if you want to use the nunckuk as a standalone I2C ACC without WMP
      //#define LIS3LV02
      //#define LSM303DLx_ACC

/* I2C barometer */
      //#define BMP085
      //#define MS561101BA

/* I2C magnetometer */
      //#define HMC5843
      //#define HMC5883
      //#define AK8975
      //#define MAG3110

// use the Devantech SRF i2c sensors, SRF08, SRF02
      // (for now, there is no difference in the SRF0x code, but we may want to differentiate in the future.)
      //#define SRF02
      //#define SRF08
      //#define SRF10
      //#define SRF23

/* ADC accelerometer */ // for 5DOF from sparkfun, uses analog PIN A1/A2/A3
      //#define ADCACC

//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
      //#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
      //#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
      //#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = X; magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}

/****************  SECTION  2 - COPTER TYPE SPECIFIC OPTIONS                               *******/

/********************************    TRI    *********************************/
    #define YAW_DIRECTION 1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
    //#define YAW_DIRECTION -1
    /* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
      #define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1020
      #define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 2000
      #define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD

/********************************    ARM/DISARM    *********************************/
   /* optionally disable stick combinations to arm/disarm the motors.
     * In most cases one of the two options to arm/disarm via TX stick is sufficient */
    #define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_YAW
    //#define ALLOW_ARM_DISARM_VIA_TX_ROLL

/***********************          Cam Stabilisation             ***********************/
    /* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system
       Uncomment the first line to activate it */
    #define SERVO_MIX_TILT              //  Simple CameraGimbal By Bledy http://youtu.be/zKGr6iR54vM
    #define SERVO_TILT
    #define TILT_PITCH_MIN    1020    //servo travel min, don't set it below 1020
    #define TILT_PITCH_MAX    2000    //servo travel max, max value=2000
    #define TILT_PITCH_MIDDLE 1500    //servo neutral value
    #define TILT_PITCH_PROP   8.75     //servo proportional (tied to angle) ; can be negative to invert movement
    #define TILT_ROLL_MIN     1020
    #define TILT_ROLL_MAX     2000
    #define TILT_ROLL_MIDDLE  1500
    #define TILT_ROLL_PROP    -10.5

/* experimental
       camera trigger function : activated via Rc Options in the GUI, servo output=A2 on promini */
    //#define CAMTRIG
    #define CAM_SERVO_HIGH 2000  // the position of HIGH state servo
    #define CAM_SERVO_LOW 1020   // the position of LOW state servo
    #define CAM_TIME_HIGH 1000   // the duration of HIGH state servo expressed in ms
    #define CAM_TIME_LOW 1000    // the duration of LOW state servo expressed in ms

/***********************          Flying Wing                   ***********************/
    /* you can change change servo orientation and servo min/max values here */
    /* valid for all flight modes, even passThrough mode */
    /* need to setup servo directions here; no need to swap servos amongst channels at rx */
    #define PITCH_DIRECTION_L 1 // left servo - pitch orientation
    #define PITCH_DIRECTION_R -1  // right servo - pitch orientation (opposite sign to PITCH_DIRECTION_L, if servos are mounted in mirrored orientation)
    #define ROLL_DIRECTION_L 1 // left servo - roll orientation
    #define ROLL_DIRECTION_R 1  // right servo - roll orientation  (same sign as ROLL_DIRECTION_L, if servos are mounted in mirrored orientation)
    #define WING_LEFT_MID  1500 // left servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
    #define WING_RIGHT_MID 1500 // right servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
    #define WING_LEFT_MIN  1020 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
    #define WING_LEFT_MAX  2000 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
    #define WING_RIGHT_MIN 1020 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
    #define WING_RIGHT_MAX 2000 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]

//******************************* !!!!  Airplane Settings  !!!! *********************************//
    // Howto setup =>>> http://fotoflygarn.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-setup-multiwii-airplane-same.html

#define SERVO_RATES      {100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100} // Rates in 0-100%
    #define SERVO_DIRECTION  { -1,   1,   1,   -1,  1,   1,   1,   1 } // Invert servos by setting -1

//#define FLAP_CHANNEL     AUX4       // Define the Channel to controll Flaps with.If used.
    #define FLAP_EP      { 1500, 1650 } // Endpooints for flaps on a 2 way switch else set {1020,2000} and program in radio.
    #define FLAP_INVERT    { 1, -1 }    // Change direction om flaps { Wing1, Wing2 }

//*************************** !!!!  Common for Heli & Airplane  !!!! ****************************//

//#define D12_POWER      // Use D12 on PROMINI to power sensors. Will disable servo[4] on D12

#define SERVO_OFFSET     {  0,   0,   0,  0,   0,   0,  0,   0 } // Adjust Servo MID Offset & Swash angles
    // Selectable channels:=    ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4

//****************************** !!!!  Hellicopter Settings  !!!! *******************************//
    // Channel to control CollectivePitch
    #define COLLECTIVE_PITCH      THROTTLE
    // Set Maximum available movement for the servos. Depending on modell.
    #define SERVO_ENDPOINT_HIGH {2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000};
    #define SERVO_ENDPOINT_LOW  {1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020};

// Limit the range of Collective Pitch. 100% is Full Range each way and position for Zero Pitch
    #define COLLECTIVE_RANGE { 80, 1500, 80 }// {Min%, ZeroPitch, Max%}.
    #define YAW_CENTER             1500      // Use servo[5] SERVO_ENDPOINT_HIGH/LOW for the endpoits.
    #define YAWMOTOR                0       // If a motor is useed as YAW Set to 1 else set to 0.

// Servo mixing for heli 120 Use 1/10 fractions (ex.5 = 5/10 = 1/2)
    //                   {Coll,Nick,Roll}
    #define SERVO_NICK   { +10, -10, -0 }
    #define SERVO_LEFT   { +10, +5, +10 }
    #define SERVO_RIGHT  { +10, +5, -10 }

// Servo mixing for heli 90
    //                      {Coll,Nick,Roll}
    #define SERVO_DIRECTIONS { +1, -1, -1 } // -1 will invert servo

// Limit Maximum controll for Roll & Nick  in 0-100%
    #define CONTROLL_RANGE   { 100, 100 }      //  { ROLL,PITCH }

/****************  SECTION  3 - ALTERNATE CPUs & BOARDS                                    *******/

/********                      Promini Specifig Settings           ********************/

/**************************    Hexa Motor 5 & 6 Pins    *******************************/
      /* PIN A0 and A1 instead of PIN D5 & D6 for 6 motors config and promini config
         This mod allow the use of a standard receiver on a pro mini
         (no need to use a PPM sum receiver)
      */
      //#define A0_A1_PIN_HEX

/*********************************    Aux 2 Pin     ***********************************/
      /* possibility to use PIN8 or PIN12 as the AUX2 RC input
         it deactivates in this case the POWER PIN (pin 12) or the BUZZER PIN (pin 8)
      */
      //#define RCAUXPIN8
      //#define RCAUXPIN12

/*****************             Teensy 2.0 Support(BETA)              ******************/
    // uncomment this if you use a teensy 2.0 with teensyduino
    // it needs to run at 16MHz
    //#define TEENSY20

/********   Settings for ProMicro, Leonardo and other Atmega32u4 Boards     ***********/

/*********************************    pin Layout     **********************************/
      // activate this for a better pinlayout if all pins can be used => not possible on ProMicro!
      //#define A32U4ALLPINS

/**********************************    PWM Setup     **********************************/
      // activate all 6 hardware PWM outputs Motor 5 = D11 and 6 = D13. => not possible on ProMicro! (untested!)
      // if activated:
      // Motor 1-6 = 10-bit hardware PWM
      // Motor 7-8 = 8-bit Software PWM
      // Servos    = 8-bit Software PWM
      // if deactivated:
      // Motor 1-4 = 10-bit hardware PWM
      // Motor 5-8 = 10-bit Software PWM
      // Servos    = 10-bit Software PWM
      //#define HWPWM6

/**********************************    Aux 2 Pin     **********************************/
      // aux2 pin on pin RXO
      //#define RCAUX2PINRXO

// aux2 pin on pin D17 (RXLED)
      //#define RCAUX2PIND17

/**********************************    Buzzer Pin    **********************************/
      // this moves the Buzzer pin from TXO to D8 for use with ppm sum or spectrum sat. RX (not needed if A32U4ALLPINS is active)
      // #define D8BUZZER

/***********************      Promicro version related     ****************************/
      // Inverted status LED for Promicro ver 10.
      //#define PROMICRO10

/****************  SECTION  4 - ALTERNATE SETUP                                            *******/

/******                Serial com speed    *********************************/
    /* This is the speed of the serial interface. 115200 kbit/s is the best option for a USB connection.*/
    #define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 115200

/* interleaving delay in micro seconds between 2 readings WMP/NK in a WMP+NK config
       if the ACC calibration time is very long (20 or 30s), try to increase this delay up to 4000
       it is relevent only for a conf with NK */
    #define INTERLEAVING_DELAY 3000

/* when there is an error on I2C bus, we neutralize the values during a short time. expressed in microseconds
       it is relevent only for a conf with at least a WMP */
    #define NEUTRALIZE_DELAY 100000

/********                              Gyro filters                ********************/

/*********************    Lowpass filter for some gyros    ****************************/

/* ITG3200 & ITG3205 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_188HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_98HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_20HZ
      //#define ITG3200_LPF_10HZ      // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

/* MPU6050 Low pass filter setting. In case you cannot eliminate all vibrations to the Gyro, you can try
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_256HZ     // This is the default setting, no need to uncomment, just for reference
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_188HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_98HZ
      #define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_20HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_10HZ
      //#define MPU6050_LPF_5HZ       // Use this only in extreme cases, rather change motors and/or props

/******                Gyro smoothing    **********************************/
      /* GYRO_SMOOTHING. In case you cannot reduce vibrations _and_ _after_ you have tried the low pass filter options, you
         may try this gyro smoothing via averaging. Not suitable for multicopters!
         Good results for helicopter, airplanes and flying wings (foamies) with lots of vibrations.*/
      //#define GYRO_SMOOTHING {20, 20, 3}    // separate averaging ranges for roll, pitch, yaw

/************************    Moving Average Gyros    **********************************/
      //#define MMGYRO                         // Active Moving Average Function for Gyros
      //#define MMGYROVECTORLENGHT 10          // Lenght of Moving Average Vector
      // Moving Average ServoGimbal Signal Output
      //#define MMSERVOGIMBAL                  // Active Output Moving Average Function for Servos Gimbal
      //#define MMSERVOGIMBALVECTORLENGHT 32   // Lenght of Moving Average Vector

/********                       special receiver types             ********************/

/****************************    PPM Sum Reciver    ***********************************/
      /* The following lines apply only for specific receiver with only one PPM sum signal, on digital PIN 2
         IF YOUR RECEIVER IS NOT CONCERNED, DON'T UNCOMMENT ANYTHING. Note this is mandatory for a Y6 setup on a promini
         Select the right line depending on your radio brand. Feel free to modify the order in your PPM order is different */
      //#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM         PITCH,YAW,THROTTLE,ROLL,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Graupner/Spektrum
      //#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM         ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For Robe/Hitec/Futaba
      //#define SERIAL_SUM_PPM         PITCH,ROLL,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4 //For some Hitec/Sanwa/Others

/**********************    Spektrum Satellite Reciver    *******************************/
      /* The following lines apply only for Spektrum Satellite Receiver
         Spektrum Satellites are 3V devices.  DO NOT connect to 5V!
         For MEGA boards, attach sat grey wire to RX1, pin 19. Sat black wire to ground. Sat orange wire to Mega board's 3.3V (or any other 3V to 3.3V source).
         For PROMINI, attach sat grey to RX0.  Attach sat black to ground.
           There is no 3.3V source on a pro mini; you can either use a different 3V source, or attach orange to 5V with a 3V regulator in-line (such as http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=MCP1700-3002E/TO-ND)
           If you use an inline-regulator, a standard 3-pin servo connector can connect to ground, +5V, and RX0; solder the correct wires (and the 3V regulator!) to a Spektrum baseRX-to-Sat cable that has been cut in half.
           NOTE: Because there is only one serial port on the Pro Mini, using a Spektrum Satellite implies you CANNOT use the PC based configuration tool. Further, you cannot use on-aircraft serial LCD as the baud rates are incompatible. You can configure by one of two methods:
             1) Use an on-aircraft i2c LCD (such as Eagle Tree or LCD03) for setting gains, reading sensors, etc.
             2) Available now: Comment out the Spektrum definition, upload, plug in PC, configure; uncomment the Spektrum definition, upload, plug in RX, and fly.  Repeat as required to configure. */
      //#define SPEKTRUM 1024
      //#define SPEKTRUM 2048

/*******************************    SBUS RECIVER    ************************************/
      /* EXPERIMENTAL !!
         cf http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=289
         The following line apply only for Futaba S-Bus Receiver on MEGA boards at RX1 only (Serial 1).
         You have to invert the S-Bus-Serial Signal e.g. with a Hex-Inverter like IC SN74 LS 04 */
      //#define SBUS

/*******************  to input RC signal with the serial port  ************************/
      //#define RCSERIAL

/********          special ESC (wii-ESC) with extended range       ********************/
//#define MINCOMMAND 1000
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1080
//#define MAXTHROTTLE 2000
//#define EXT_MOTOR_RANGE

/****************  SECTION  5 - OPTIONAL FEATURES                                          *******/

/* Pseudo-derivative conrtroller for level mode (experimental)
     Additional information: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=503 */
  //#define LEVEL_PDF

/********                          Failsave settings                 ********************/
    /* Failsafe check pulse on THROTTLE channel. If the pulse is OFF (on only THROTTLE or on all channels) the failsafe procedure is initiated.
       After FAILSAVE_DELAY time of pulse absence, the level mode is on (if ACC or nunchuk is avaliable), PITCH, ROLL and YAW is centered
       and THROTTLE is set to FAILSAVE_THR0TTLE value. You must set this value to descending about 1m/s or so for best results.
       This value is depended from your configuration, AUW and some other params.
       Next, afrer FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY the copter is disarmed, and motors is stopped.
       If RC pulse coming back before reached FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY time, after the small quard time the RC control is returned to normal.
       If you use serial sum PPM, the sum converter must completly turn off the PPM SUM pusles for this FailSafe functionality.*/
    //#define FAILSAFE                                  // uncomment  to activate the failsafe function
    #define FAILSAVE_DELAY     10                     // Guard time for failsafe activation after signal lost. 1 step = 0.1sec - 1sec in example
    #define FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY 200                    // Time for Landing before motors stop in 0.1sec. 1 step = 0.1sec - 20sec in example
    #define FAILSAVE_THROTTLE  (MINTHROTTLE + 200)    // Throttle level used for landing - may be relative to MINTHROTTLE - as in this case

/*****************                DFRobot LED RING    *********************************/
    /* I2C DFRobot LED RING communication */
    //#define LED_RING

/********************************    LED FLASHER    ***********************************/
    //#define LED_FLASHER
    //#define LED_FLASHER_DDR DDRB
    //#define LED_FLASHER_PORT PORTB
    //#define LED_FLASHER_BIT PB4
    // create double flashes
    //#define LED_FLASHER_SEQUENCE ( (uint8_t) (1<<0 | 1<<2) )

/*************************    INFLIGHT ACC Calibration    *****************************/
    /* This will activate the ACC-Inflight calibration if unchecked */
    //#define INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION

/**************************    rc option-change beep    *******************************/
    //#define RCOPTIONSBEEP        //uncomment this if you want the buzzer to beep at any rcOptions change on channel Aux1 to Aux4

/**************************    Disable WMP power pin     *******************************/
    /* disable use of the POWER PIN */
    /* sorry, but this needs clarification about purpose and side effects */
    /* what happens when enabled/disabled? what to set it to for using D12 as aux2 input? need it be set or left alone or does not matter?*/
    /* is this not equal to D12_POWER? */
    //#define DISABLE_POWER_PIN

/***********************                  TX-related         **************************/

/* introduce a deadband around the stick center
       Must be greater than zero, comment if you dont want a deadband on roll, pitch and yaw */
    //#define DEADBAND 6

/***********************                  GPS                **************************/

/* GPS using a SERIAL port
       only available on MEGA boards (this might be possible on 328 based boards in the future)
       if enabled, define here the Arduino Serial port number and the UART speed
       note: only the RX PIN is used, the GPS is not configured by multiwii
       the GPS must be configured to output NMEA sentences (which is generally the default conf for most GPS devices)
       uncomment the first line to select the GPS serial port of the arduino */
    //#define GPS_SERIAL 2 // should be 2 for flyduino v2. It's the serial port number on arduino MEGA
    #define GPS_BAUD   115200

//#define GPS_PROMINI_SERIAL    57600 // Will Autosense if GPS is connected when ardu boots!.....

/* I2C GPS device made with an independant arduino + GPS device
       including some navigation functions
       contribution from EOSBandi
       http://code.google.com/p/i2c-gps-nav/ */
    //#define I2C_GPS

/* GPS data readed from OSD -- still need some more code to work */
    //#define GPS_FROM_OSD

/* GPS navigation can control the heading */

#define NAV_CONTROLS_HEADING       true      // copter faces toward the navigation point, maghold must be enabled for it
    #define NAV_TAIL_FIRST             false     // true - copter comes in with tail first
    #define NAV_SET_TAKEOFF_HEADING    true      // true - when copter arrives to home position it rotates it's head to takeoff direction

#define MAG_DECLINIATION  3.96f              //For Budapest Hungary.
    //Get your magnetic decliniation from here : http://magnetic-declination.com/
    //Convert the degree+minutes into decimal degree by ==> degree+minutes*(1/60)
    //Note the sign on declination it could be negative or positive (WEST or EAST)

#define GPS_FILTERING              true      // add a 5 element moving average filter to GPS coordinates, helps eliminate gps noise but adds latency
    #define GPS_LOW_SPEED_D_FILTER     true      // below .5m/s speed ignore D term for POSHOLD_RATE, theoretically this also removed D term induced noise
    #define GPS_WP_RADIUS              200       // if we are within this distance to a waypoint then we consider it reached (distance is in cm)

/***********************        LCD/OLED - display settings       *********************/

/* uncomment this line if you plan to use a LCD or OLED */
      //#define LCD_CONF

/* to include setting the aux switches for AUX1 -> AUX4 via LCD */ //to review (activate[] is now 16 bit long)
      //#define LCD_CONF_AUX

/* uncomment to suppress some unwanted aux3 aux4 items in config menu (only useful if LCD_CONF_AUX is enabled) */
      //#define SUPPRESS_LCD_CONF_AUX34

/*****************************   The type of LCD     **********************************/
      /* choice of LCD attached for configuration and telemetry, see notes below */
      //#define LCD_SERIAL3W    // Alex' initial variant with 3 wires, using rx-pin for transmission @9600 baud fixed
      /* serial (wired or wireless via BT etc.) */
      //#define LCD_TEXTSTAR    // Cat's Whisker LCD_TEXTSTAR Module CW-LCD-02 (Which has 4 input keys for selecting menus)
      //#define LCD_VT100       // vt100 compatible terminal emulation (blueterm, putty, etc.)
      /* i2c devices */
      //#define LCD_ETPP        // Eagle Tree Power Panel LCD, which is i2c (not serial)
      //#define LCD_LCD03       // LCD03, which is i2c
      //#define OLED_I2C_128x64 // OLED http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1350

/******************************   Logo settings     ***********************************/
      //#define SUPPRESS_OLED_I2C_128x64LOGO  // suppress display of OLED logo to save memory

/* style of display - AUTODETECTED via LCD_ setting - only activate to overwrite defaults */
      //#define DISPLAY_2LINES
      //#define DISPLAY_MULTILINE
      //#define MULTILINE_PRE 2  // multiline configMenu # pref lines
      //#define MULTILINE_POST 6 // multiline configMenu # post lines
    /********************************    Navigation     ***********************************/
    /* keys to navigate the LCD menu (preset to LCD_TEXTSTAR key-depress codes)*/
      #define LCD_MENU_PREV 'a'
      #define LCD_MENU_NEXT 'c'
      #define LCD_VALUE_UP 'd'
      #define LCD_VALUE_DOWN 'b'

/* To use an LCD03 for configuration:
       http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/Lcd03tech.htm
       Remove the jumper on its back to set i2c control.
       VCC to +5V VCC (pin1 from top)
       SDA - Pin A4 Mini Pro - Pin 20 Mega (pin2 from top)
       SCL - Pin A5 Mini Pro - Pin 21 Mega (pin3 from top)
       GND to Ground (pin4 from top)*/

/* To use an Eagle Tree Power Panel LCD for configuration:
       White wire  to Ground
       Red wire    to +5V VCC (or to the WMP power pin, if you prefer to reset everything on the bus when WMP resets)
       Yellow wire to SDA - Pin A4 Mini Pro - Pin 20 Mega
       Brown wire  to SCL - Pin A5 Mini Pro - Pin 21 Mega */

/* Cat's whisker LCD_TEXTSTAR LCD
         Pleae note this display needs a full 4 wire connection to (+5V, Gnd, RXD, TXD )
         Configure display as follows: 115K baud, and TTL levels for RXD and TXD, terminal mode
         NO rx / tx line reconfiguration, use natural pins.
         The four buttons sending 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' are supported for configuration navigation and request of telemetry pages 1-4 */

/***********************                telemetry            **************************/

/* to monitor system values (battery level, loop time etc. with LCD enable this */
    /* note: for now you must send single characters to request  different pages */
    /* Buttons toggle request for page on/off */
    /* The active page on the LCD does get updated automatically */
    /* Easy to use with Terminal application or display like LCD - if available uses the 4 preconfigured buttons  to send 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' */
    /********************************    Activation     ***********************************/
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY

/* to enable automatic hopping between a choice of telemetry pages uncomment this. */
    /* This may be useful if your LCD has no buttons or the sending is broken */
    /* hopping is activated and deactivated in unarmed mode with throttle=low & roll=left & pitch=forward */
    /* set it to the sequence of telemetry pages you want to see */
    /* 2 line displays support pages 1-9 */
    /* multiline displays support pages 1-5 */
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO "123452679" // pages 1 to 7 in ascending order
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO  "212232425262729" // strong emphasis on page 2

/* on telemetry page B (2) it gives a bar graph which shows how much voltage battery has left. Range from 0 to 12 Volt is not very informative */
    /* so we try do define a meaningful range. For a 3S battery we define full=12,6V and calculate how much it is above first warning level */
    /* Example: 12.6V - VBATLEVEL1_3S  (for me = 126 - 102 = 24) */
    #define VBATREF 24

/* uncomment to suppress some unwanted telemetry pages (only useful if telemetry is enabled) */
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_1
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_2
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_3
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_4
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_5
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_6
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_7
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_8
    //#define SUPPRESS_TELEMETRY_PAGE_9

/****           battery voltage monitoring                       ****/

/* for V BAT monitoring
       after the resistor divisor we should get [0V;5V]->[0;1023] on analog V_BATPIN
       with R1=33k and R2=51k
       vbat = [0;1023]*16/VBATSCALE */
    //#define VBAT              // uncomment this line to activate the vbat code
    #define VBATSCALE     131 // change this value if readed Battery voltage is different than real voltage
    #define VBATLEVEL1_3S 107 // 10,7V
    #define VBATLEVEL2_3S 103 // 10,3V
    #define VBATLEVEL3_3S 99  // 9.9V
    #define NO_VBAT       16 // Avoid beeping without any battery

/****           powermeter (battery capacity monitoring)         ****/

/* enable monitoring of the power consumption from battery (think of mAh) */
    /* allows to set alarm value in GUI or via LCD */
    /* Two options: */
    /* 1 - soft: - (good results +-5% for plush and mystery ESCs @ 2S and 3S, not good with SuperSimple ESC */
    /*      00. relies on your combo of battery type (Voltage, cpacity), ESC, ESC settings, motors, props and multiwii cycle time */
    /*      01. set POWERMETER soft. Uses PLEVELSCALE = 50, PLEVELDIV = PLEVELDIVSOFT = 5000 */
    /*      0. output is a value that linearily scales to power (mAh) */
    /*      1. get voltage reading right first */
    /*      2. start with freshly charged battery */
    /*      3. go fly your typical flight (routine and duration) */
    /*      4. at end connect to GUI or LCD and read the power value; write it down (example 4711)*/
    /*      5. charge battery, write down amount of energy needed (example 722 mAh) */
    /*      6. compute alarm value for desired power threshold (example 750 mAh : alarm = 4711 / 722 * 750) */
    /*      7. set alarm value in GUI or LCD */
    /*      8. enjoy your new battery alarm - possibly repeat steps 2 .. 7 */
    /*      9. if you want the numbers to represent your mAh value, you must change PLEVELDIV */
    /* 2 - hard: - (uses hardware sensor, after configuration gives reasonable results */
    /*      00. uses analog pin 2 to read voltage output from sensor. */
    /*      01. set POWERMETER hard. Uses PLEVELSCALE = 50 */
    /*      02. install low path filter for 25 Hz to sensor input */
    /*      03. check your average cycle time. If not close to 3ms, then you must change PLEVELDIV accordingly */
    /*      1. compute PLEVELDIV for your sensor (see below for insturctions) */
    /*      2. set PLEVELDIVSOFT to 5000 ( to use LOG_VALUES for individual motor comparison) */
    /*      3. attach, set PSENSORNULL and  PINT2mA */
    /*      4. configure, compile, upload, set alarm value in GUI or LCD */
    /*      3. enjoy true readings of mAh consumed */
    /* set POWERMETER to "soft" (1) or "hard" (2) depending on sensor you want to utilize */
    //#define POWERMETER_SOFT
    //#define POWERMETER_HARD
    /* the sum of all powermeters ranges from [0:60000 e4] theoretically. */
    /* the alarm level from eeprom is out of [0:255], so we multipy alarm level with PLEVELSCALE and with 1e4 before comparing */
    /* PLEVELSCALE is the step size you can use to set alarm */
    #define PLEVELSCALE 50 // if you change this value for other granularity, you must search for comments in code to change accordingly
    /* larger PLEVELDIV will get you smaller value for power (mAh equivalent) */
    #define PLEVELDIV 5000 // default for soft - if you lower PLEVELDIV, beware of overrun in uint32 pMeter
    #define PLEVELDIVSOFT PLEVELDIV // for soft always equal to PLEVELDIV; for hard set to 5000
    //#define PLEVELDIV 1361L // to convert the sum into mAh divide by this value
    /* amploc 25A sensor has 37mV/A */
    /* arduino analog resolution is 4.9mV per unit; units from [0..1023] */
    /* sampling rate 20ms, approx 19977 micro seconds */
    /* PLEVELDIV = 37 / 4.9  * 10e6 / 18000  * 3600 / 1000  = 1361L */
    /* set to analogRead() value for zero current */
    #define PSENSORNULL 510 // for I=0A my sensor gives 1/2 Vss; that is approx 2.49Volt
    #define PINT2mA 13 // for telemtry display: one integer step on arduino analog translates to mA (example 4.9 / 37 * 100

/****************  SECTION  6 - TUNING & DEVELOPER                                  **************/

/********                      Special Throttle settings             ********************/

/* this is the value for the ESCs when they are not armed
       in some cases, this value must be lowered down to 900 for some specific ESCs */
    #define MINCOMMAND 1000

/* this is the maximum value for the ESCs at full power
       this value can be increased up to 2000 */
    #define MAXTHROTTLE 1850

#define MOTOR_STOP

#define MIDRC 1500

//#define SERVO_RFR_50HZ

#define SERVO_RFR_300HZ
    //Pitch = pin 44
    //Roll  = pin 45

#define MEGA_HW_GIMBAL

/****           IMU complimentary filter tuning                  ****/

/* Set the Low Pass Filter factor for ACC */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce ACC noise (visible in GUI), but would increase ACC lag time*/
    //#define ACC_LPF_FACTOR 100

/* Set the Low Pass Filter factor for Magnetometer */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce Magnetometer noise (not visible in GUI), but would increase Magnetometer lag time*/
    //#define MG_LPF_FACTOR 4

/* Set the Gyro Weight for Gyro/Acc complementary filter */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce and delay Acc influence on the output of the filter*/
    /* Default WMC value: 300*/
    //#define GYR_CMPF_FACTOR 400.0f

/* Set the Gyro Weight for Gyro/Magnetometer complementary filter */
    /* Increasing this value would reduce and delay Magnetometer influence on the output of the filter*/
    //#define GYR_CMPFM_FACTOR 200.0f

/****           diagnostics                                      ****/

/* to log values like max loop time and others to come */
    /* logging values are visible via LCD config */
    /* set to 2, if you want powerconsumption on a per motor basis (this uses the big array and is a memory hog, if POWERMETER <> PM_SOFT) */
    //#define LOG_VALUES 1

/* to add debugging code */
    /* not needed and not recommended for normal operation */
    /* will add extra code that may slow down the main loop or make copter non-flyable */
    //#define DEBUG

/* Use this to trigger LCD configuration without a TX - only for debugging - do NOT fly with this activated */
    //#define LCD_CONF_DEBUG

/* Use this to trigger telemetry without a TX - only for debugging - do NOT fly with this activated */
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_DEBUG  //This form rolls between all screens, LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO must also be defined.
    //#define LCD_TELEMETRY_DEBUG 6  //This form stays on the screen specified.

/****           ESCs calibration                                 ****/

/* to calibrate all ESCs connected to MWii at the same time (useful to avoid unplugging/re-plugging each ESC)  */
    /* Warning: this creates a special version of MultiWii Code */
    /* You cannot fly with this special version. It is only to be used for calibrating ESCs */
    /* Read How To at http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/wiki/ESCsCalibration */
    #define ESC_CALIB_LOW  MINCOMMAND
    #define ESC_CALIB_HIGH 2000
    //#define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY  // uncomment to activate

/****           internal frequencies                             ****/
    /* frequenies for rare cyclic actions in the main loop, depend on cycle time! */
    /* time base is main loop cycle time - a value of 6 means to trigger the action every 6th run through the main loop */
    /* example: with cycle time of approx 3ms, do action every 6*3ms=18ms */
    /* value must be [1; 65535] */
    #define LCD_TELEMETRY_FREQ 23       // to send telemetry data over serial 23 <=> 60ms <=> 16Hz (only sending interlaced, so 8Hz update rate)
    #define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO_FREQ 667 // to step to next telemetry page 667 <=> 2s
    #define PSENSORFREQ 6               // to read hardware powermeter sensor 6 <=> 18ms
    #define VBATFREQ PSENSORFREQ        // to read battery voltage - keep equal to PSENSORFREQ unless you know what you are doing

/****           END OF CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS                                                ****/

regards katana

katana

Post by katana »

sorry, i found my "bug" :roll:
#define SERVO_MIX_TILT

tomorrow I repeat the tests carefully

katana

Post by katana »

Good news Felix!
over thirty minutes of bench test and no one jitter :D
Compliment excellent work!

next step, flight test!

I always fly with versions stable, because I did not yet prepare a "test quadcopter"
It is complicated to introduce the modifications to 2.0 stable ?

regards katana

ronco

Post by ronco »

hehe ok .. ill take alook .. it should fit into 2.0

the bad news for me are that my 11-bit timer time code seems to work not that good as exepted ...

regards Felix

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

ronco wrote:hehe ok .. ill take alook .. it should fit into 2.0

the bad news for me are that my 11-bit timer time code seems to work not that good as exepted ...

regards Felix

So you have some feedback some Markus ?
Too bad it's not as good as expected. Maybe still better anyway than Timer0 ?

ronco

Post by ronco »

Alexinparis wrote:So you have some feedback some Markus ?

yes it works for him .. but i think ill need to impove the "in interrupt" time reading method .. for normal RX it is like 4 times better (less jitter and higher resolution) the satellite code works also great with it .. but there are problems with the PPM RX.

Alexinparis wrote:Maybe still better anyway than Timer0 ?

i think so.. but it needs some more fine tuning.

regards Felix

ronco

Post by ronco »

i added the hw PWM gimbal for the mega to shared now.

it can be activated by uncommenting #define MEGA_HW_GIMBAL

regards Felix
Last edited by ronco on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janeczku

Post by janeczku »

Hi Felix,

great work you are doing for better camera stabilisation!

I want to use a promini as a standalone gimbal controller. My question for you:

If we use Promini in Gimbal mode does it give us the same effect for the servos as setting MEGA_HW_GIMBAL on a mega?
I mean, does the current code then automatically run the servos with 11-bit HW PWM ?

Thanks!

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi,

this would be possible but isn't done ATM.. i thought none uses a gimbal only setup ;)

ill take a look soon :)

regards

janeczku

Post by janeczku »

I would appreciate it!

BTW: Believe me, there are people out there who would find a cheap 328p gimbal controller that is jitter-free and has fast servo pwm quite useful ;)

katana

Post by katana »

Hi everyone!
I'm testing in flight the new software for the gimbal. The results are very good, Jitter disappeared and fluid motion.
but ...

I think there is a problem of calculating the horizon.
This is my experience:

-The multirotor change flight attitude rapidly, then returning to the neutral position in hover: the gimbal optimally compensates the changes of attitude. Perfect!

-The multirotor change flight attitude rapidly, maintains a certain attitude and begins to accelerate, then continues to fly at constant speed.

In the first portion of flight the gimbal optimally compensates the changes of attitude, in the phase of acceleration, the calculated horizon of the gimbal begins to translate, in the phase "constant speed" the gimbal maintains a certain angle that does not represent the same it is beginning flight.

I always suspected this feeling flying in "stable mode" there is something wrong in calculating the real horizon.

Someone confirms my feelings (I also have video to prove it)

thanks. Luca

shufflez

Post by shufflez »

Hi Katana,

Good to hear your gimbal-servo jitter is gone! Mine is still there, doesn't matter which setting I choose!
Have switched to Digital Metal Gear servo's, only got worse (because these are so fast, they respond to every input!).

Could it be my octo has taken all PWM outputs for the motor, so would it help switching back to 1-4 Hardware PWM, rest Software PWM for motors?
From the top of my head BTW, don't have the unit near me to check config.

Regarding the 'horizon', I experience exactly the same! If the copter keeps the same angle for a bit of time the gimbal keeps that position as level.
I have to switch of level (which activates my gimbal) and back on again to get the gimbal 'true' again.

ronco

Post by ronco »

Hi shnuffelz,

which MWC version do you use? the new gimbal code is just in RC_1..

regards Felix

shufflez

Post by shufflez »

Hi Felix,

I'm using MultiWii_dev_20120622 on my octo, with the following options (concerning gimbal):

#define HWPWM6
#define SERVO_RFR_300HZ

Using 50Hz or 160Hz, i still get jitter, only slightly slower (which might be 'placebo').
FYI: Hardware is Flyduino Mega, Spectrum satellite, Corona Digital MG servo's (also jitters with regular servo's), Rusty's gimbal.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
EDIT: r964 has solved my servo jitter, not using HWPWM6 anymore (figured I don't need it on MEGA) :geek:

Ruben

alek3d

Post by alek3d »

katana wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm testing in flight the new software for the gimbal. The results are very good, Jitter disappeared and fluid motion.
but ...

I think there is a problem of calculating the horizon.
This is my experience:

-The multirotor change flight attitude rapidly, then returning to the neutral position in hover: the gimbal optimally compensates the changes of attitude. Perfect!

-The multirotor change flight attitude rapidly, maintains a certain attitude and begins to accelerate, then continues to fly at constant speed.

In the first portion of flight the gimbal optimally compensates the changes of attitude, in the phase of acceleration, the calculated horizon of the gimbal begins to translate, in the phase "constant speed" the gimbal maintains a certain angle that does not represent the same it is beginning flight.

I always suspected this feeling flying in "stable mode" there is something wrong in calculating the real horizon.

Someone confirms my feelings (I also have video to prove it)

thanks. Luca

I confirm this. See my post at rcgroups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ount=28344

I am using MultiWii board in Gimbal mode (Crius Lite board, FW ver. 2.1, servo refresh 160Hz). It works nearly perfect - in my hands. I did a mirror test and was amazed how well it works. But this is where the good stuff ends. There is a problem when the quad is flying. When I fly sideways I noticed the gimbal does not level horizontally, instead it stays slightly tilted in the direction of the flight.

Then I tried similar movement in my hands and it appears that sensors "think" they need to act. Look at this short demonstration video to see what I mean.

http://youtu.be/gjdolzwDX3Q

In flight it is even more obvious but I could not make faster moves otherwise the video would be totally blurred.

Now, developers, is it possible to fix this issue? This is really unwanted feature and I am not sure it is even possible to fix. And no, the gimbal does not move because I change the angle, it is because it moves sideways and for some reason sensors sense this as change of angle.

I am sorry if this issue was addressed before but in nearly 1900 pages is quite hard to find out...

Thank you and I hope there is a solution for this!

shikra

Post by shikra »

I agree - think there is an issue in IMU calc somewhere. I noticed it the other day flying in a really strong headwind - holding position in strong wind is like constantly flying forward....
Normally don't notice because keep changing orientation.
I originally thought this was sensor being fooled by accelerations and largely ignored, but as the copter was actually stationary it kinda rulled that out.

So I ordered a mobidrone to put some debug values on screen whilst flying fpv in long straight line....
But don't expect anything quick...

ziss_dm

Post by ziss_dm »

Hi alek3d,

From your video, looks like acc-z is not aligned with gyro-z.
The usual symptomps are: you rotating around Z (YAW) and it also slightly tilting, than slowly returns to level.
The usual reason is than you calibrate acc way off level.

regards,
ziss_dm

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

shikra wrote:I agree - think there is an issue in IMU calc somewhere. I noticed it the other day flying in a really strong headwind - holding position in strong wind is like constantly flying ...

The issue of gimbal tilting is there (at least) from 2.0. But the funny thing is that a friend of mine flying Mikrokopter observed same behavior also with his (Mikrokopter's) electronics. :)

nicog

Post by nicog »

Hi, I'm using naze32 and see the same behaviour as alek3d. It's very clear in my gimbal (ecilop) when I do some flights where I keep the chassis at certain angle.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I can see the same effect with my MWii helicopter in level mode (gyro+acc active). Eventually, the TX sticks cannot compensate for the nick and roll the copter thinks to be level after some time flying around. Does not disturb the acro (gyro only) mode too much, but makes level mode barely usable.
It seems to be stronger with internal sensor lpf activated (#define ITG3200_LPF_20HZ - heli has pretty strong vibrations compared to multicopter).

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

May I ask please, are you guys powering the servos from the same power source as the FC board? Just curious.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

in my case with the heli, yes. Only one ESC with BEC, power cord has a coil between BEC and MWC board.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

When I first started building Bi-copters (two servos), I had a very serious problem with Jitter (I think I have a video) and was not able to resolve it until I powered the servos separately from the FC. I Scoped it and the Servos introduced lots of noise on the power-line and this interned, was transmitted to the sensors.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

P.S. I also found it depends upon if the sensor has its own voltage regulator and filter. Back in those early days, I was using Analog devices and MWPs

nicog

Post by nicog »

I power it with an external bec. One bec for servos one for the FC.