YAW-Bug since Version 1.6 and 1.7 pre?

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
juliettalphapapa

YAW-Bug since Version 1.6 and 1.7 pre?

Post by juliettalphapapa »

Hi Alex and Wii-Copter Community!

first of all, thanks for this great project, i´m still absolutly fascinated!

In my german Forum and also in the RCG Thread we were talking about a strange behavior me and other users found since using Software Version 1.6 and higher (1.7 pre at the moment).
Its occurs on Quadrocopters when flying/climbing with full throttle oder little less than full throttle. The copter (in my case) does a Yaw turning to the right. You can still controll it, but its strange. I know, that its not a Hardwareproblem, because i fly exactely the same setup with Software V1.5 and never have this problem. As soon as i use 1.6 or higher it shows up. Other Pilots figured out the same.
So what can we do about that?
ALex, i think you posted somewhere that it has to do with the anti yaw jump implementation.
So if thats true, i could try to outcommand this, but actually this is a good thing, so i would like to keep it, its just the Yaw turning on fulltrottle which bothers me.

Actually its not a big problem, but maybe it can be fixed quite simple, now or on further Software Versions.

Thanks and best regards,

JAP

juliettalphapapa

Re: YAW-Bug since Version 1.6 and 1.7 pre?

did some testing this morning.

I outcommanded the lines which do the anti yaw jump and now it works !
No Yaw-turning on full trottle any more.
Unfortunately now the copter dosn´t stop exactely after an a spin (Yaw), it turns a little bit further. I increased P and I for Yaw which made it a little bit better.
But its great flying now!

Thanks to everybody,

JAP

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

did you erase all the lines ?
normally, this one could be kept:
axisPID[YAW] = constrain(axisPID[YAW],-100-abs(rcCommand[YAW]),+100+abs(rcCommand[YAW]));

If the yaw stop is still not perfect, you could increase 100 to 150

juliettalphapapa

Hi Alex and Everybody,

thank you so much for your support!

Today, I was flying all day long and it was so much fun, this is such a great thing! At the moment i fly an aerobatic 33cm Quad plus with really aggressiv settings, turns and flips like crazy!

Now this is what i outcommanded by putting // in front of the lines, it now looks like that:

#if NUMBER_MOTOR > 3
//prevent "yaw jump" during yaw correction: the yaw correction should allow the same ammount of motor speed variation in both ways
//if (rcCommand[THROTTLE]-axisPID[YAW] < MINTHROTTLE) axisPID[YAW] = rcCommand[THROTTLE]-MINTHROTTLE;
//else if (rcCommand[THROTTLE]+axisPID[YAW] < MINTHROTTLE) axisPID[YAW] = -rcCommand[THROTTLE]+MINTHROTTLE;
//else if (rcCommand[THROTTLE]+axisPID[YAW] > MAXTHROTTLE) axisPID[YAW] = MAXTHROTTLE-rcCommand[THROTTLE];
//else if (rcCommand[THROTTLE]-axisPID[YAW] > MAXTHROTTLE) axisPID[YAW] = -MAXTHROTTLE+rcCommand[THROTTLE];
axisPID[YAW] = constrain(axisPID[YAW],-100-abs(rcCommand[YAW]),+100+abs(rcCommand[YAW]));
#endif

Now Alex, to make the Copter stop a Yaw spinning better, should i increase the +100 in the last line to +150 and should i also change the -100 to -150?

blue sky, JAP

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

Now Alex, to make the Copter stop a Yaw spinning better, should i increase the +100 in the last line to +150 and should i also change the -100 to -150?

Yes, that's it.
+ addition of some I in the YAW PID