MultiWii 2.0 Acc - Nunchuck in flight bug

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
airmamaf

MultiWii 2.0 Acc - Nunchuck in flight bug

Post by airmamaf »

Yesterday I made two flight in level mode, the first one was fine and no problem at all. The second one, after maybe 2/3 minutes of normal flight (no looping, no hard turn, ...) my quadcopter suddenly lean onward by almost 45°making my quadcopter moving forward very fast. What I did to avoid a crash, was to switch off level mode to go back to acro mode, so I manage to bring it back. When my quadcopter was near from me, to see if problem was always there, I switch on again level mode, and my quadcopter tilt onward again by almost 45°.
After landing I looked at the hardware, to check if something was wrong, like if Nunchuck was unstick which could explain this strange behavior, but not Nunchuck wasn't unstick, hardware was ok.
Went back to home to check if calibration had a problem, In multiwii gui, acc. was ok, it was well calibrated.
Strange behavior with no explanation for me.

cestb

Re: MultiWii 2.0 Acc - Nunchuck in flight bug

Post by cestb »

I've may be the same problem but my copter (hexa +) lean to the left after 3 minutes of flight in level mode. I try to correct this with the stick (i don't have accro mode...) and my copter make one or to flip before landing in a tree... No damages but a great fear... It's a not an accrobatic copter, just a big Hexa to make cool flight for movies and pictures...
I get back to 1.9 for now and see if the problem occurs.

kos

Post by kos »

.. average wind 25kmh, autolevel on , after 2/3 min of speed circles and lot of throttle input , the quad flown away with an quite high angle (20/30°) to the left ,constant stick input did not manage to regain level as for back drift issue , failsafe cause the quad to keep drifting away (upwind). do not know what was the cause.

throttle rate 0.2
pitch /roll p = 3.4
level d = 90

everything else with default value

fr3d

Post by fr3d »

throw a look at "acc drift" threat ;)
you are not alone...

airmamaf

Post by airmamaf »

For me "acc drift" problem is another problem, in my case my quadcopter suddenly lean onward (or suddenly drift). In the case of "acc drift", drift is more like a cumulative error, it's not sudden.

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

So the question: does it happen also with 1.9 ?

airmamaf

Post by airmamaf »

No, it doesn't happen for me with 1.9.
I flew a lot of time with 1.9 before, and after this strange behavior with 2.0, I went back to 1.9, and I don't have anymore this problem.
For my first flight, when things were all right with 2.0, I didn't flew a lot of consecutive time, maybe less than 2 minutes then landing, after take off and small flight, landing, etc.
For the second flight (second battery), I flew without landing before having the strange behavior. I have also another quad with a sirius board, and I didn't notice this strange behavior with 2.0, but I did only one flight
Last edited by airmamaf on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaosdestro0

Post by Chaosdestro0 »

I fly on 2.0 and I noticed this weird problem, it goes in random directions and not just one. This is wmp+ and NK. I have only been flying quadcopters for ~ a month and firstly it was always in acro mode and by the time I started flying in level mode 2.0 was released. I might try 1.9 and see how it flies.

badpilot

Post by badpilot »

I think my problem is similar. I used v1.9 then 1.8 and now rev 20120430. Accro mode is perfect, but never succeed to have a correct level mode.
Today I tried to fix it: After calibration (WMP and NK), quad in one hand and remote control in the other, I smoothly increase throttle. At the beginning it is ok, quad is horizontal. But after few seconds (or at a certain throttle level) it takes a different attitude, about 20-30° backward.
Then I rotated the NK on his board about 20-30° frontward. Recalibrate. Re-test. The behaviour is the same, except that orientation of the quad is now frontward 20-30°.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Hi!
I am using the current MultiWii_dev_20120504 Version on my TRIcopter with original Nunchuk&WMP+ combo and external 2K2 pullups. I have INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION enabled. After doing the "INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION" i flew 4 2200mAh Lipos with the setup without problems - no bugs - no strange behaviour - very controllable, smooth and predective flightbehaviour. I dont see sudden attitude changes or anything critical - so no "Nunchuck in flight bug" on my side.
So long
Crashpilot1000

Actual PIDS:
Roll 3,1/0,014/20
Pitch 3,1/0,014/20
YAW 5,5/0,045/0
LEVEL 5,5/0,10/100

My stipped down config.h

Code: Select all

/*****************************    Motor minthrottle    *******************************/
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1300 // for Turnigy Plush ESCs 10A
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1120 // for Super Simple ESCs 10A
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1220
#define MINTHROTTLE 1160
/**************************    The type of multicopter    ****************************/
#define TRI
//#define QUADX
/********************************    YAW_DIRECTION    *********************************/
#define YAW_DIRECTION 1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
//#define YAW_DIRECTION -1
/**********************************    I2C speed   ************************************/
#define I2C_SPEED 100000L     //100kHz normal mode, this value must be used for a genuine WMP
/*****************************    Serial com speed    *********************************/
/* This is the speed of the serial interface. 115200 kbit/s is the best option for a USB connection.*/
#define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 115200

/*****************************    Gyro smoothing    **********************************/
/* GYRO_SMOOTHING. In case you cannot reduce vibrations _and_ _after_ you have tried the low pass filter options, you
   may try this gyro smoothing via averaging. Not suitable for multicopters!
   Good results for helicopter, airplanes and flying wings (foamies) with lots of vibrations.*/
//#define GYRO_SMOOTHING {20, 20, 3}    // separate averaging ranges for roll, pitch, yaw
/************************    Moving Average Gyros    **********************************/
//#define MMGYRO                         // Active Moving Average Function for Gyros
//#define MMGYROVECTORLENGHT 10          // Lenght of Moving Average Vector
// Moving Average ServoGimbal Signal Output
//#define MMSERVOGIMBAL                  // Active Output Moving Average Function for Servos Gimbal
//#define MMSERVOGIMBALVECTORLENGHT 32   // Lenght of Moving Average Vector

/***************                 Failsave settings                 ********************/
#define FAILSAFE                                  // comment this line if you want to deactivate the failsafe function
#define FAILSAVE_DELAY     1                      // Guard time for failsafe activation after signal lost. 1 step = 0.1sec - 1sec in example
#define FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY 200                    // Time for Landing before motors stop in 0.1sec. 1 step = 0.1sec - 20sec in example
#define FAILSAVE_THR0TTLE  (MINTHROTTLE + 200)    // Throttle level used for landing - may be relative to MINTHROTTLE - as in this case

#define MINCOMMAND 1000
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1950

/*************************    INFLIGHT ACC Calibration    *****************************/
/* This will activate the ACC-Inflight calibration if unchecked */ 
#define INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION

/**************************    Disable WMP power pin     *******************************/
/* disable use of the POWER PIN */
/* sorry, but this needs clarification about purpose and side effects */
/* what happens when enabled/disabled? what to set it to for using D12 as aux2 input? need it be set or left alone or does not matter?*/
/* is this not equal to D12_POWER? */
//#define DISABLE_POWER_PIN

/*********************************    Aux 2 Pin     ***********************************/
/* possibility to use PIN8 or PIN12 as the AUX2 RC input
   it deactivates in this case the POWER PIN (pin 12) or the BUZZER PIN (pin 8)
*/
//#define RCAUXPIN8
#define RCAUXPIN12

/***********************                  GPS                **************************/
#define GPS_BAUD   115200

/* Pseudo-derivative conrtroller for level mode (experimental)
   Additional information: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=503 */
//#define LEVEL_PDF

#define DEADBAND 10

#define INTERLEAVING_DELAY 3000
#define NEUTRALIZE_DELAY 100000
#define LCD_CONF
#define LCD_SERIAL3W    // Alex' initial variant with 3 wires, using rx-pin for transmission @9600 baud fixed
/* keys to navigate the LCD menu (preset to LCD_TEXTSTAR key-depress codes)*/
#define LCD_MENU_PREV 'a'
#define LCD_MENU_NEXT 'c'
#define LCD_VALUE_UP 'd'
#define LCD_VALUE_DOWN 'b'

#define VBATREF 24

/***********************     motor, servo and other presets     ***********************/
/* motors will not spin when the throttle command is in low position
   this is an alternative method to stop immediately the motors */
//#define MOTOR_STOP

#define MIDRC 1500

/* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system
   Uncomment the first line to activate it */
//#define SERVO_MIX_TILT              //  Simple CameraGimbal By Bledy http://youtu.be/zKGr6iR54vM
//#define SERVO_TILT
#define TILT_PITCH_MIN    1020    //servo travel min, don't set it below 1020
#define TILT_PITCH_MAX    2000    //servo travel max, max value=2000
#define TILT_PITCH_MIDDLE 1500    //servo neutral value
#define TILT_PITCH_PROP   10      //servo proportional (tied to angle) ; can be negative to invert movement
#define TILT_ROLL_MIN     1020
#define TILT_ROLL_MAX     2000
#define TILT_ROLL_MIDDLE  1500
#define TILT_ROLL_PROP    10

/* experimental
   camera trigger function : activated via Rc Options in the GUI, servo output=A2 on promini */
//#define CAMTRIG
#define CAM_SERVO_HIGH 2000  // the position of HIGH state servo
#define CAM_SERVO_LOW 1020   // the position of LOW state servo
#define CAM_TIME_HIGH 1000   // the duration of HIGH state servo expressed in ms
#define CAM_TIME_LOW 1000    // the duration of LOW state servo expressed in ms

/* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1020
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 2000
#define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD

/* Flying Wing: you can change change servo orientation and servo min/max values here */
/* valid for all flight modes, even passThrough mode */
/* need to setup servo directions here; no need to swap servos amongst channels at rx */
#define PITCH_DIRECTION_L 1 // left servo - pitch orientation
#define PITCH_DIRECTION_R -1  // right servo - pitch orientation (opposite sign to PITCH_DIRECTION_L, if servos are mounted in mirrored orientation)
#define ROLL_DIRECTION_L 1 // left servo - roll orientation
#define ROLL_DIRECTION_R 1  // right servo - roll orientation  (same sign as ROLL_DIRECTION_L, if servos are mounted in mirrored orientation)
#define WING_LEFT_MID  1500 // left servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
#define WING_RIGHT_MID 1500 // right servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD
#define WING_LEFT_MIN  1020 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
#define WING_LEFT_MAX  2000 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
#define WING_RIGHT_MIN 1020 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]
#define WING_RIGHT_MAX 2000 // limit servo travel range must be inside [1020;2000]

//******************************* !!!!  Airplane Settings  !!!! *********************************//
#define SERVO_OFFSET     {  0,   0,   0,  0,   0,   0,  0,   0 } // Adjust Servo MID Offset & Swash angles
#define SERVO_RATES      {100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100} // Rates in 0-100%
#define SERVO_DIRECTION  { -1,   1,   1,   -1,  1,   1,   1,   1 } // Invert servos by setting -1
//#define FLAP_CHANNEL     AUX4       // Define the Channel to controll Flaps with.If used.
#define FLAP_EP      { 1500, 1650 } // Endpooints for flaps on a 2 way switch else set {1020,2000} and program in radio.
#define FLAP_INVERT    { 1, -1 }    // Change direction om flaps { Wing1, Wing2 }
//*************************** !!!!  Common for Heli & Airplane  !!!! ****************************//
//#define D12_POWER      // Use D12 on PROMINI to power sensors. Will disable servo[4] on D12
// Selectable channels:=    ROLL,PITCH,THROTTLE,YAW,AUX1,AUX2,AUX3,AUX4
//****************************** !!!!  Hellicopter Settings  !!!! *******************************//
// Channel to controll CollectivePitch
#define COLLECTIVE_PITCH      THROTTLE   
// Set Maximum available movement for the servos. Depending on modell.
#define SERVO_ENDPOINT_HIGH {2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000};
#define SERVO_ENDPOINT_LOW  {1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020,1020};
// Limit the range of Collective Pitch. 100% is Full Range each way and position for Zero Pitch
#define COLLECTIVE_RANGE { 80, 1500, 80 }// {Min%, ZeroPitch, Max%}.
#define YAW_CENTER             1500      // Use servo[5] SERVO_ENDPOINT_HIGH/LOW for the endpoits.
#define YAWMOTOR                0       // If a motor is use as YAW Set to 1 else set to 0.
// Limit Maximum controll for Roll & Nick  in 0-100% 
#define CONTROLL_RANGE   { 100, 100 }      //  { ROLL,PITCH }
/****           powermeter (battery capacity monitoring)         ****/
#define PLEVELSCALE 50 // if you change this value for other granularity, you must search for comments in code to change accordingly
/* larger PLEVELDIV will get you smaller value for power (mAh equivalent) */
#define PLEVELDIV 5000 // default for soft - if you lower PLEVELDIV, beware of overrun in uint32 pMeter
#define PLEVELDIVSOFT PLEVELDIV // for soft always equal to PLEVELDIV; for hard set to 5000
#define PSENSORNULL 510 // for I=0A my sensor gives 1/2 Vss; that is approx 2.49Volt
#define PINT2mA 13 // for telemtry display: one integer step on arduino analog translates to mA (example 4.9 / 37 * 100
/****           battery voltage monitoring                       ****/
#define VBAT              // comment this line to suppress the vbat code
#define VBATSCALE     131 // change this value if readed Battery voltage is different than real voltage
#define VBATLEVEL1_3S 107 // 10,7V
#define VBATLEVEL2_3S 103 // 10,3V
#define VBATLEVEL3_3S 99  // 9.9V
#define NO_VBAT       16 // Avoid beeping without any battery
#define ESC_CALIB_LOW  MINCOMMAND
#define ESC_CALIB_HIGH 2000
//#define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY
//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
//#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
//#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
//#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = X; magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}
/* frequenies for rare cyclic actions in the main loop, depend on cycle time! */
/* time base is main loop cycle time - a value of 6 means to trigger the action every 6th run through the main loop */
/* example: with cycle time of approx 3ms, do action every 6*3ms=18ms */
/* value must be [1; 65535] */
#define LCD_TELEMETRY_FREQ 23       // to send telemetry data over serial 23 <=> 60ms <=> 16Hz (only sending interlaced, so 8Hz update rate)
#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO_FREQ 667 // to step to next telemetry page 667 <=> 2s
#define PSENSORFREQ 6               // to read hardware powermeter sensor 6 <=> 18ms
#define VBATFREQ PSENSORFREQ        // to read battery voltage - keep equal to PSENSORFREQ unless you know what you are doing
/****           END OF CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS                                                ****/

fr3d

Post by fr3d »

Crashpilot1000 wrote:Hi!
I am using the current MultiWii_dev_20120504 Version on my TRIcopter with original Nunchuk&WMP+ combo and external 2K2 pullups. I have INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION enabled. After doing the "INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION" i flew 4 2200mAh Lipos with the setup without problems - no bugs - no strange behaviour - very controllable, smooth and predective flightbehaviour. I dont see sudden attitude changes or anything critical - so no "Nunchuck in flight bug" on my side.
So long
Crashpilot1000

Actual PIDS:
Roll 3,1/0,014/20
Pitch 3,1/0,014/20
YAW 5,5/0,045/0
LEVEL 5,5/0,10/100

My stipped down config.h

Code: Select all

/*****************************    Motor minthrottle    *******************************/
#define MINTHROTTLE 1160
/**************************    The type of multicopter    ****************************/
#define TRI
/********************************    YAW_DIRECTION    *********************************/
#define YAW_DIRECTION 1 // if you want to reverse the yaw correction direction
/**********************************    I2C speed   ************************************/
#define I2C_SPEED 100000L     //100kHz normal mode, this value must be used for a genuine WMP
/*****************************    Serial com speed    *********************************/
#define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 115200
/***************                 Failsave settings                 ********************/
#define FAILSAFE                                  // comment this line if you want to deactivate the failsafe function
#define FAILSAVE_DELAY     1                      // Guard time for failsafe activation after signal lost. 1 step = 0.1sec - 1sec in example
#define FAILSAVE_OFF_DELAY 200                    // Time for Landing before motors stop in 0.1sec. 1 step = 0.1sec - 20sec in example
#define FAILSAVE_THR0TTLE  (MINTHROTTLE + 200)    // Throttle level used for landing - may be relative to MINTHROTTLE - as in this case

#define MINCOMMAND 1000
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1950

/*************************    INFLIGHT ACC Calibration    *****************************/
#define INFLIGHT_ACC_CALIBRATION

/*********************************    Aux 2 Pin     ***********************************/
#define RCAUXPIN12

/***********************                  GPS                **************************/
#define GPS_BAUD   115200

#define DEADBAND 10

#define INTERLEAVING_DELAY 3000
#define NEUTRALIZE_DELAY 100000
#define LCD_CONF
#define LCD_SERIAL3W    // Alex' initial variant with 3 wires, using rx-pin for transmission @9600 baud fixed

#define LCD_MENU_PREV 'a'
#define LCD_MENU_NEXT 'c'
#define LCD_VALUE_UP 'd'
#define LCD_VALUE_DOWN 'b'

#define VBATREF 24

#define MIDRC 1500

#define TILT_PITCH_MIN    1020    //servo travel min, don't set it below 1020
#define TILT_PITCH_MAX    2000    //servo travel max, max value=2000
#define TILT_PITCH_MIDDLE 1500    //servo neutral value
#define TILT_PITCH_PROP   10      //servo proportional (tied to angle) ; can be negative to invert movement
#define TILT_ROLL_MIN     1020
#define TILT_ROLL_MAX     2000
#define TILT_ROLL_MIDDLE  1500
#define TILT_ROLL_PROP    10

#define CAM_SERVO_HIGH 2000  // the position of HIGH state servo
#define CAM_SERVO_LOW 1020   // the position of LOW state servo
#define CAM_TIME_HIGH 1000   // the duration of HIGH state servo expressed in ms
#define CAM_TIME_LOW 1000    // the duration of LOW state servo expressed in ms

/* you can change the tricopter servo travel here */
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MIN 1020
#define TRI_YAW_CONSTRAINT_MAX 2000
#define TRI_YAW_MIDDLE 1500 // tail servo center pos. - use this for initial trim; later trim midpoint via LCD

/****           powermeter (battery capacity monitoring)         ****/
#define PLEVELSCALE 50 // if you change this value for other granularity, you must search for comments in code to change accordingly
/* larger PLEVELDIV will get you smaller value for power (mAh equivalent) */
#define PLEVELDIV 5000 // default for soft - if you lower PLEVELDIV, beware of overrun in uint32 pMeter
#define PLEVELDIVSOFT PLEVELDIV // for soft always equal to PLEVELDIV; for hard set to 5000
#define PSENSORNULL 510 // for I=0A my sensor gives 1/2 Vss; that is approx 2.49Volt
#define PINT2mA 13 // for telemtry display: one integer step on arduino analog translates to mA (example 4.9 / 37 * 100

/****           battery voltage monitoring                       ****/
#define VBAT              // comment this line to suppress the vbat code
#define VBATSCALE     131 // change this value if readed Battery voltage is different than real voltage
#define VBATLEVEL1_3S 107 // 10,7V
#define VBATLEVEL2_3S 103 // 10,3V
#define VBATLEVEL3_3S 99  // 9.9V
#define NO_VBAT       16 // Avoid beeping without any battery
#define ESC_CALIB_LOW  MINCOMMAND
#define ESC_CALIB_HIGH 2000

#define LCD_TELEMETRY_FREQ 23       // to send telemetry data over serial 23 <=> 60ms <=> 16Hz (only sending interlaced, so 8Hz update rate)
#define LCD_TELEMETRY_AUTO_FREQ 667 // to step to next telemetry page 667 <=> 2s
#define PSENSORFREQ 6               // to read hardware powermeter sensor 6 <=> 18ms
#define VBATFREQ PSENSORFREQ        // to read battery voltage - keep equal to PSENSORFREQ unless you know what you are doing
/****           END OF CONFIGURABLE PARAMETERS                                                ****/

did you fly in leveled mode all the flight ?

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

98% of the time. On the first and the last Lipo i did some gyromode - 1st for acc calibration and on the last, because ACC became so boring after 35 Min. The Lipos 2&3 were, even at liftoff, flown in Nunchuk/ACC mode ONLY.
Maybe it is an issue with Quads, or anything with more than 3 Rotors? Maybe enabeling the inflight acc calibration did iron things out? I dont know, i am just a user with no c coding abilities - and that is a shame for me, because back in the days i wrote demos on the Amiga in MC68000 assembler (3 chips, interrupt sync etc.)

EDIT:
I always do an EEPROM Clear (Arduino 1.0&0,23 program menue: File/Examples/eeprom/eeprom_clear) before flashing a new Mwii sketch. Just in case the code accesses an unset eeprom value, it will encounter just zeros in eeprom and not random data. This is just my madness - i dont know if it has any real effect.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Today i took the WMP/Nunchuk config one step ahead and added a baro (BMP085). For this i used the Frsyk variometer (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ensor.html) added an LLC and activated it in the config.h (#define BMP085). I have written my procedere in the german forum: http://fpv-community.de/showthread.php? ... post143761. In case, that you cannot see the pictures i add them here. BTW if you have another copter with the BMA020 board you can add the baro very easily, this is shown in the first post of the german thread.
I did 5 lipos with this setup (like described in my earlier post, except for the baro) mostly in level mode today and there was no nunchuk inflight bug.

MeineLLCSchaltung.jpg

FertigGelötet.jpg

So long
Rob