Accelerometer fluctuation

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
Chaosdestro0

Accelerometer fluctuation

Post by Chaosdestro0 »

I am having some accelerometer fluctuation going between 3 and -1 on roll and pitch. Also some Z fluctuation with magnitude 1-3.
I am using a wii motion plus and a NK. I have tried on 1.9 and it's still the same. I have heard of others having this problem. I am not sure if this effects flight, as I have not really been flying stable mode for that long.
Though I was having problems with stable mode, where for example I will put left in and it will go all the way over to the left and to go back right I have to put a lot of right back in for a while. This is on Default PIDs so I guess I will put derivative value down because I think this oscillation but over a long period.

Thanks for all your work, acro mode is perfect at the moment and it's great fun :). I am just moving over to stable mode so I can get my skill level up.

ciskje

Re: Accelerometer fluctuation

Post by ciskje »

NK is not a good choice.

Chaosdestro0

Post by Chaosdestro0 »

ciskje wrote:NK is not a good choice.

I might consider getting a different one, will see if I can tweak it so that it is stable. I don't know if it's possible to run a WMP plus another accelerometer though.

ciskje

Post by ciskje »

Reading source code rapidly, NUNCHUCK is autodetected, but I think you can enable another acc without problem.
NUNCHUCK is too much sensible in the rotating range of the motors.