MultiConf Port to Android TabletWifi

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
copterrichie

Re: MultiConf Port to Android

Post by copterrichie »

Hooray!!

I have the WiFi Socket working in with the WiiConfig. I now need to get a simulation program (Thanks to my friend Kataventos) or get the wifi device working with one of the ProMinis I have sitting.

tj_style

Post by tj_style »

copterrichie wrote:Hooray!!

I have the WiFi Socket working in with the WiiConfig. I now need to get a simulation program (Thanks to my friend Kataventos) or get the wifi device working with one of the ProMinis I have sitting.

Great.. can you share the latest code? for the working wifi socket

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

tj_style wrote:

When it is farther along I will. Maybe you can help me test or code?

tj_style

Post by tj_style »

copterrichie wrote:
tj_style wrote:

When it is farther along I will. Maybe you can help me test or code?

I don't have the wifi serial module. but i think i can test using router + openwrt + ser2net.
the problem is processing for android is still don't have "processing.net" support.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

tj_style wrote:
I don't have the wifi serial module. but i think i can test using router + openwrt + ser2net.
the problem is processing for android is still don't have "processing.net" support.

Yea, I got around that by using android.net. If you like, we can chat more and share techniques, I would prefer over chat or email for now.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

I should mention also, android.net.wifi.p2p is not available at level 10 Damn! But we are till talking about Processing 2.0b so there is till hope it will be included.

juanquy

Post by juanquy »

WOW you did it!!! I have your app running in 4 Android devices of course with a magnifying glass so congratulation but still loving Ezio App.
salutos, saludos
JC
copterrichie wrote:
juanquy wrote:Read Ezio posts here (Forums/Software/Multiwii EZ GUI) and you will find a direct link to the apk... good look porting from Processing to Android.

At first, I was not going to reply to this but it is just too funny, the port is already done. I just need to get the Wifi working which is nothing to do with the WiiConfig. :lol:

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Those wifi-serial adapters do some kind of encapsulaton of the serial stream for pushing it over a wifi connection? The receiving end (PC, tablet, phone) has to extract the serial data from the wifi connection itself, right? The receiving end sees a working IP connection?

So for this to work with more than just one vendor's wifi-serial adapter, do all those wifi-serial adapters share the same protocol for encapsulation?

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Hamburger wrote:Those wifi-serial adapters do some kind of encapsulaton of the serial stream for pushing it over a wifi connection? The receiving end (PC, tablet, phone) has to extract the serial data from the wifi connection itself, right? The receiving end sees a working IP connection?

So for this to work with more than just one vendor's wifi-serial adapter, do all those wifi-serial adapters share the same protocol for encapsulation?

If using a normal PC or laptop with wifi, all that is required is a Virtual Serial Port: http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/hw_vsp2_en.html

If an access point is not being used, then the wifi will have to be configured as adhoc.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Hey there, good news, I have the TCP working on my Tablet to a virtual com on another PC.
Now going to make a cable for the Wifi-To-Serial device. :D

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

After giving this some thought, this project is for me, I really don't care if anyone else can see the benefit from it. I am not receiving any pay for this and all my projects have been a total success to me, it is all about having fun. Here is a preview of what's to coming. :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/wDe1QrzAcfA

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

And here is my Wifi unit that will be installed on one of my copters. Not sure which one just yet however, I will use one of the Prominis I have for testing. :)

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

There is a method to my seemingly madness. :D

http://youtu.be/pV4_WlfTPq0

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Now it is an issue of cosmetic changes and enhancements. Don't you just Love Naysayers? Ha!! :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/MZW7kMNkVkk

ezio

Post by ezio »

copterrichie wrote:Now it is an issue of cosmetic changes and enhancements. Don't you just Love Naysayers? Ha!! :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/MZW7kMNkVkk

Nice!
Good Work!

Is there a source code available somewhere so I can look at wifi implementation ?

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

That will have to wait, I have other things to finish up first.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

There is a method to my seemingly madness. ;)

EIZO releases two Wi-Fi enabled network displays

Computer display manufacturer EIZO today announced the release of a pair of Wi-Fi-enabled monitors, the DuraVision FDS1702N and DuraVision FDS1702NT, which can receive audio and pictures from a computer on the network.

Both displays allow the connection of a mouse and keyboard via USB which effectively turns the monitor into a thin client for controlling a PC on a network. The T model comes with an additional resistive touch interface as an alternative means of control.

http://www.gizmag.com/eizo-wifi-displays/26887/

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Here is the next logical step for me considering I previous modified the MultiConf GUI to work with a Joystick. Should be very easy to send the serial control packets to the Flight Control over the TCP link. :mrgreen:

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

We are making progress, now have the Andriod MultiWiiConf Code compiling using Eclipse. :mrgreen:

Yea, I have a BAD Attitude and it is going to REMAIN that way. :twisted:

Nickman1200

Post by Nickman1200 »

Any news on this ? :)

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Considering I have resumed work on this project, I figured it was time to update this thread. I recently learned how to build a custom version of controlP5 removing the mousepressed allowing simultaneously point reads on an Android tablet touch screen. The following video is prior to the controlP5 Modification.

copterrichie

Re: MultiConf Port to Android TabletWifi

Post by copterrichie »

MT4j - Multitouch for Java™ - is an open source Java™ framework, created for rapid development of visually rich applications.
MT4j is designed to support different kinds of input devices with a special focus on multi-touch support.

http://www.mt4j.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page