List of problems in Version2.2

This forum is dedicated to software development related to MultiWii.
It is not the right place to submit a setup problem.
Software download
zwiebacksaege

Re: List of problems in Version2.2

Post by zwiebacksaege »

I noticed, that my settings for the AUX definitions where not stored when saving the settings. Anyone else got this?

-ralf-

Post by -ralf- »

zwiebacksaege wrote:I noticed, that my settings for the AUX definitions where not stored when saving the settings. Anyone else got this?

Try:
1. erase EEPROM
2. flash MW2.2
3. calibrate ACC

Works?

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

I fly MW since 1.8p2, heared from pilots from former times "always calibrate gyros with sticks before arming and start" and i always thougt it was an problem from fomer times... ...i never did it and did 100s of flights well without. With 2.2 i had 5 failiures, because gyro-calibration didnt work well.....really ugly scarshes at start (especially with fpv)... ...i try to get used to calibrate them again by sticks before arming, but it's hard because it was not nessesary in 1.8p2, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1.... ....but in 2.2 back: i can't trust in gyrocalibration.
Tested on Crius AIO V1 and Crius SE (also on following devs...)
For me it's an serious bug; i'm not a coder, but i think about something like "calibrate again when arm is requested and compare results to calibration on powerup"...

scrat

Post by scrat »

I always calibrate gyros with sticks before arming. But this would never happen if someone can code for to gyrocal is engaged right after arming the copter. Or you can set in config.h #define GYROCALIBRATIONFAILSAFE.

Goetz

Post by Goetz »

Gyrocal After arming is not good when arming and starting Copter in your hand...
I'm almost shure my first fails I had where with the option gyrocalibrationfaisave active, so I thought only this option was faulty an deactivated...

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

"#define FAILSAFE_DELAY 0"
has some strange effects, like glitches with SBUS (AIO V1 board) and inability to switch to acro mode (HK microquad 32u4 board).
"#define FAILSAFE_DELAY 1" works.

Why did i try delay 0 ? Because during this delay my copter switches OFF the motors.

Do i have a patch for it? Yes.
Dont copy sbus if failsave bit is set, and generate a compile error if FAILSAFE_DELAY is 0

scrat

Post by scrat »

Goetz wrote:Gyrocal After arming is not good when arming and starting Copter in your hand...
I'm almost shure my first fails I had where with the option gyrocalibrationfaisave active, so I thought only this option was faulty an deactivated...

You're right. But gyrocalfailsafe works for me no problem.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Small note, that line is obsolete: http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... S.ino#1147
Will probably be ignored by compiler?
Cheers
Kraut Rob

Mis

Post by Mis »

Yes, this line is ignored, and function return with true one line above.