MultiWiiConf: save/export sensor values

asti

MultiWiiConf: save/export sensor values

Post by asti »

Hi,

MultiWiiConf does not seem to have an option to export all the values or protocol them directly to a file. A CSV file should do.
I think this would be a very nice feature to have and it should be fairly simple to implement.
It is useful to compare values of several flights and to track down issues.

Kbev5709

Re: MultiWiiConf: save/export sensor values

Post by Kbev5709 »

asti wrote:Hi,

MultiWiiConf does not seem to have an option to export all the values or protocol them directly to a file. A CSV file should do.
I think this would be a very nice feature to have and it should be fairly simple to implement.
It is useful to compare values of several flights and to track down issues.

I do that all the time with my EZ GUI and BT. Do you use EZ GUI?

asti

Post by asti »

I use EZ-GUI and I really like it. Sadly the log feature is not included in the free version (well there are logs but I can't open them). The voice does not shut up although I disabled it in the options. Furthermore I can't see the value of the debug array in EZ-GUI which is a problem when debugging. And I can't properly view and scroll the graphs because they always jump to the end. I will not buy the full version until this is solved.

Anyway, exporting values would be a nice feature for MultiWiiConf too.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

asti wrote:I use EZ-GUI and I really like it. Sadly the log feature is not included in the free version (well there are logs but I can't open them). The voice does not shut up although I disabled it in the options. Furthermore I can't see the value of the debug array in EZ-GUI which is a problem when debugging. And I can't properly view and scroll the graphs because they always jump to the end. I will not buy the full version until this is solved.

Anyway, exporting values would be a nice feature for MultiWiiConf too.
The cost to upgrade to the fully functional version is quite minimal and worth every penny, even without the debugging feature you want so bad. The full feature version does exactly what you wish you could do (export values, create CSV), all you need to do is pay a tiny little charge. You can even use paypal. I have no issues at all with the graphs on my EZ GUI. Perhaps they work better after upgrading as well. Well, failing to upgrade your GUI, the answer I can give you otherwise is try and write the features you want in your own software because as far as I can tell, most if not all development on the MW Conf. is done and over with.