balacing mode for props

Mitch_781

balacing mode for props

Post by Mitch_781 »

Hi all and happy new year ;-)

I made my 1st tricopter 2 weeks ago with cf2822 and 3 esc ubec 20A from HK.
I had lots of vibrations and found it difficult to balance props on motor each motor as i didn't know which level i had to reach.
Today I flashed all esc with simonk and used calibrating mode from esc with success and it flight a lot better.

I have on order 3 other kind of props to improve flight time and balancing for better efficiency.
So lots of balancing to do.

Would it be possible to had a balancing mode on esc calibration mode or just a flight mode to be able to start individually motors for balancing ? (instead of unplugging everything to plug on receiver one by one )

Maybe throttle to control motor speed and right stick to change motor, combined with multiwii conf plugged it would be great to check improvement.

Also great improvement would be to have a status feedback from MWI saying if it need more weight or if balancing is ok to fly.

Maybe there is other easy possibility to perform balancing on copter but i did not find it.

Thanks for your great job on MWI.

PatrikE

Re: balacing mode for props

Post by PatrikE »

serarch for #define DYNBALANCE in config.h

Mitch_781

Re: balacing mode for props

Post by Mitch_781 »

Just magic, i didn't know the function, it works fine with my tricopter and small quad dc motor.

Maybe we could just move the function just under the esc calib because it is next step

and indicate how to use it ? "eeprom clear, flash with config defined then use GUI calib acc and balance each prop separately from GUI to reach level...".

Sorry for disturbing as function already exist and is great to use.