New stable mode idea

babelo

New stable mode idea

Post by babelo »

Hi,

I've a tricopter with WMP+NK, i like attitude in acro mode but don't like the stable mode.
Can we implement a middle mode with features like follow :

* Max angle inclinaison limit ( example 20°)
* Ability to override max angle limit in case of emergency ( like ABS on cars)
When you move stick more than 20° but slowly it block, if you do hard move 30% more it allow any inclinaison.
* When you release stick for a given time, copter will have an autotrim to go back to hover mode
* Standard attitude will be accro mode (with constrain above ) in all other case.

I think i would try to code such thing as all the code for various part is already here :)

Fabrice,

PatrikE

Re: New stable mode idea

Post by PatrikE »

It canbe done like this.

Code: Select all

if (abs(1500-rcData[PITCH])> 200||abs(1500-rcData[ROLL])> 200){ accMode = 0;}

If sticks is outside the +/- 200 window accMode will be disabled.
No check how fast stick is moved.

The windowSize can be changed. 200 is only an example.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Try 1.8 with autolevel PI reduced to half of defaults. And some expo - maybe 50-60%. I think you might like the way it flies. Similar to how you describe.

babelo

Post by babelo »

@shikra : ok i will try it soon with PDF controller so. i don't like expo. Flying helicopter without it
My settings of PI was maybe too high so.
Last edited by babelo on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shikra

Post by shikra »

Sorry - to be clear - don't use the experimental. Just normal autollevel ( i.e. make sure this is commented out !! //#define LEVEL_PDF )

I don't normally like expo either, but it seems to work nicely flying with autolevel on.

Let us know how you get on. It may not suit your style of flying - I like mine a little more "floaty". I accept that to eliminate wobbles with the camera for FPV

babelo

Post by babelo »

Ok i will do a reflash with real 1.8, not SVN :) i think i miss a comit 2 days ago

I want autolevel too, to try FPV with remzibi OSD, i look at remzibi dev for arducopter and discover that sending correct serial data can display attitude :) so why not
But it is another thing to do once evrything is ok