Fly mode to feel like antigravity wipeout/starwars racer

kroc

Fly mode to feel like antigravity wipeout/starwars racer

Post by kroc »

hello everybody, as it's my first post here, I want to thanks community for the work done so far.
I'm new to multiwii, multicopter and even remote controlled device. So don't hesitate pointing out
my silly questions or ideas !
I've build a little quadcopter with a naze32 and baseflight software (it's flying, thanks again ;) ).
My first question: can I talk about my test on this forum dedicated to multiwii (ardurino based if I'm not wrong)
or baseflight become too far from multiwii and I should find a dedicated forum/section ?

As mentioned in title, I will try to build a new flying mode to mimic well known game. I other word, trying
to control the multicopter with only two axes: forward/backward acceleration (ie pitch) and right/left (ie yaw).
other axes may be usefull/funny but not mandatory.

- does anybody already try this kind of things ?
- or interested in developing this mode ?

To archive this, I will try to get an enslavement on fixed low altitude and zero slide speed.
- altitude will be measured with a sonar sensor. any better way ?
- my main concern is about speed measurement... is there good reference for "a state of the art" on speed measure for quadcopter ?

What multiwii implement for that ? What are your ideas about it ?
I've tested acceleration integration... It's working pretty well on short period. I plan to use current pitch/roll
angle to get a better acceleration/speed estimation.
Even with theses trics, I may need a proper speed measurement like optical sensor, gps, pito tubes, other ?
what do you things about that in particular or the overall solution ?

[edit] these experiment may also lead to another fly mode:
We already have ACRO_MODE (angle speed control), ANGLE_MODE (angle ie ground acceleration control) why not SPEED_MODE (ground/air speed control)