Support for complex drone presentation on October 1st Berlin

snoller

Support for complex drone presentation on October 1st Berlin

Post by snoller »

Hi all,
this is a very unusual request i guess...
I am the CEO of nugg.ad, a Berlin based Tech-Company. We are running a conference on data-driven business models and ideas called Data-Days on October 1st and 2nd in Berlin. As a side program we planned to perform a special "show-act" with two self-built quadcopters. But unfortunately we will not be able to do it, the remaining problems are simply to complex for our level of experience.
So i thought - before we just skip this, perhaps we can find someone here who would be willing to help us performing this. It would require technical support either based on our own copters or with the ones he/she would bring and support for the performance as such.
Is anyone interested in this?
Thanks in advance,
Stephan

Rob

Re: Support for complex drone presentation on October 1st Be

Post by Rob »

I think it helps if you give more information:

- What kind of act
- What do you expect
- what kind of copters are your own

regards,

Rob

snoller

Post by snoller »

Sure. The idea is to display an Ad with two drones during the conference. What i mean with this can be understood if you watch my first test-run here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDtkY6FyoSM (in addition to the physical ad i want to distribute a digital one by a BT-beacon. This will be done by adding a RAspberryPI on top of the drone, this already works)
We wanted to do the same but with two drones holding a bigger ad above the Spree (the conference will take place at the nhow hotel in Berlin). Ideally the drones would fly autonomously via GPS routing, because we want to demonstrate the power of algorithm based, automatic trading of ads (called "programmatic advertising" or "Realtime Bidding"). The drones we built is a multiwii quadcopter (based on parts from 3d robotics) with MultiwiiMega-Board from diymulticopter.com. The other drone is also a quadcopter but not yet equipped with an advanced FC.
What we/i would wish/expect as a support is
a. in finishing the drones, especially adding a working gps-routing functionality + eventually a mechanism that can release the ad when drones are in position (i think a servo would work for this)
b. execution of the show-act on site
Does that make it clearer?
Thanks, Stephan

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

Multiwii was developed more for acrobatic flights and less for autonomous flights.
The results will be similar to the copter shown at the video. So, the flight will not be very stable. Therefore, I do not recommend to fly in the city of Berlin with many people around just for saftety reasons. Get an expensive copter like army or police are using or develop you own super stable one. In any case it will be challenging to be ready for a complex drone presentation within some days...