B the flying car code?

RCvertt

B the flying car code?

Post by RCvertt »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... d/comments

Looks like we might get some code on how the B the flying car works. A backer mentions that he is using some MultiWii parts. Don't know if its actually multiwii or not though.

Partial quote...
2.) The Arduino upgrade worked well as far as I can see - no error messages
3.) The MultiWii piece failed. I can not see anything on the right side of the screen where I would be able to set the AUX1 to arm. total empty but the system is doing something to connect.

Mr_Fen

Re: B the flying car code?

Post by Mr_Fen »

Hi RCvertt,

I have received my B-EX flying car and it is running on MultiWii v2.3. Can you please advise if its possible to extract a copy of the firmware from the car and post it online?

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Hi
No need to work on binaries.
I have already tried to contact the project lead.
If they have used parts of multiwii software then they must provide access to all changes in source they have made.
Still waiting for a reply. I am pretty confident to receive a positive answer for you b.car guys. GPL in europe should be rather easy to pursue.
If those changes are of interest beyond the b.cr project is to be seen.

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

Did they respond?

scrat

Post by scrat »

They didn't saw email yet :)

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

the project owner Witold responded by sending me a link to his binary. Now we are waiting for a link to the source to comply with GPL.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

Securing patent = 10k, research + development = 10k ... smells like a trollmobile.
Master pcb design before software development? Smells like massive delays.

Since when has putting a prop inside a wheel become a patentable idea?

Crashpilot1000

Post by Crashpilot1000 »

From what I see in the video the car/copter hybrid seems to be more a toy than something really usable.
Everybody that owned a real RC car going through dirt will know that you need good shocks on the vehicle and that the dirt will creep into every corner. So after a day of driving you will end up cleaning / oiling stuff for *some* time. I see no special chassis within that Bcar to cope with anything more than a concrete parking place. Even there dirt is an issue and I don't see special precautions to keep that away from the delicate and open BL outrunnermotors used for flying. So my guess is that those motors will be jammed pretty soon. IMHO you end up with a limited usable car and a bad flying copter due to overweight with considerable maintenance problems. If going for a toy that can cruise on the ground and fly - I would go for those cheapo rollcage copters that can fly up walls as well.
I don't know but enforcing the GPL on that thing might be the job of the mwii founder Alex? I don't think the sourcecode would reveal impulses for mwii so IMHO he can stick his hexfiles where the sun doesn't shine and keep the source right next to it.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

Crashpilot1000 wrote:I don't know but enforcing the GPL on that thing might be the job of the mwii founder Alex?

every contributor of code is a copyright holder and as such enttled to enforce GPL. http://gpl-violations.org/faq/violation-faq.html
I don't think the sourcecode would reveal impulses for mwii .

we will only know for sure once we see the source.

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I received sources from the project head Witold Mielniczek..
Without further investigation I have made it accessible for everyone here http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... FBgoBeyond

If you still have trouble reproducing a working flying car code, feel free to inform us.
Thanks for the GPL