OpenLRSng in multiwii

Hasi

OpenLRSng in multiwii

Post by Hasi »

It would be really nice if the OpenLRSng code would be integrated in MultiWii, so that we only need a RFM22B module. I know one of the old original OpenLRS codes is integrated in MultiWii, but kha's OpenLRSng code is much better.

Has anyone thought about this? Has anyone done it? Would you use it?

PatrikE

Re: OpenLRSng in multiwii

Post by PatrikE »

You Bet i have.
Spoken with Kari but he don't seem to eager to modify the code.

13-12-31..Mail from Kha wrote:Well one needs to add bind support etc for it to work as well as the advanced timing stuff.
Doable but not a small task as such.

Plüschi

Post by Plüschi »

I dont like openlrs fattening up the multiwii source as it is now. I think this should NOT be in RX.cpp. Same goes for any other rf-module code.

I know openlrsNG is way better then openlrs. But instead of pressing it all into multiwii, why not let them be 2 separate devices? How many people do you think painfully attach a 6 cable rf-module to their FC instead of using ONE servo cable to attach the separate openlrsng receiver? Do you know the standard 23b module is 3.3V only, means a normal arduino FC cant connect?

I think openlsrNG already does ppm-sum, but there is a better way. Teach openlrsNG to do "inverted sbus" or to do "speksat" protocols. Those serial protocols need no hardware change in the receiver or FC at all, and are zero loss unlike ppm-sum with its 250 step 4ms deadband limitation. The serial way you have a really really good pro solution.

The example on how to generate a SpekSat message is attached.
Attachments
Serial.zip
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

Hasi

Post by Hasi »

The problem is that there no one has made a PPM receiver. By using the 9ch or even the 6ch receiver you add unnecessary weight and use a lot of space in your multi. I know it's not much on a normal sized quad, but it does make a difference on the small 230mm Quads. If there was a small PPM receiver, I would not have opened this thread.
I know they are 3.3V. You just need a 1117 regulator and that's all.

elf128

Post by elf128 »

Hi,

I was searching for the same thing just to make sure I'm not doing 'stupid' work. But this thread is the only stuff I've found so far.
So, I'm doing integration of openLRSng into MW 2.3 for myself. Let me know if anybody is interested in it.