Realtime PID values

mopedcrosser

Realtime PID values

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi,

while i was tuning my PID´s i whished to see what the PID is doing at the moment... Especially for the Pos hold and nav PID´s it would be great to see what´s going on at the moment. You could see your I rising by far too high and causing overshooting etc. It would make the PID tuning much easier and understandable if you dont have to guess all the time what the PID is doing at this moment. Is there a possibility to integrate it to ez-gui ?

Best regards

Seb

robertha

Re: Realtime PID values

Post by robertha »

Hi,

I believe you mean the integrator sum and perhaps the actual error which controler operates - it will be visible if you could add them as the debug value - then visible in the graph - in configurator. The point is I dont know where to find correct parameters in the code, could someone help us and point where are these calculations ?

Robert

ezio

Post by ezio »

robertha wrote:Hi,

I believe you mean the integrator sum and perhaps the actual error which controler operates - it will be visible if you could add them as the debug value - then visible in the graph - in configurator. The point is I dont know where to find correct parameters in the code, could someone help us and point where are these calculations ?

Robert

for now it is the only way to do it simply.

mopedcrosser

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi,

yes thats what I meant. If you see the integrator sum and the p term its much easier to see why the copter behaves like it does. For example will you see that your copter does not reach its target because P is not sufficient an I does not increase fast eough. On the other hand you would see why the copter overshoots if I was chosen too high. At this time its only guessing which can drive you crazy especially if you have an PI controler that interacts with the PID. You simply dont know which one to tune to get rid of a certain behavior..

Seb