wishlist for v2.3

Noctaro

Re: wishlist for v2.3

Post by Noctaro »

Hey guys,
i thought about my prop and motor balancing options. I love the dynbalance feature. But you know what, it would be great to have some sliders to mark your min & max vibration per motor on GUI. For now i took some different colors of sticky tape and put it on my monitor, not my favourite solution :D
Or is there already an feature i did not recognize?

Greetz Noc

Mitch_781

Post by Mitch_781 »

Hello,

Nice place to make a wish for Christmas. I am quite new on multiwii and I'd like to try it first on a small V929 like to be familiar with PID....so to make it easier 2 improvements would be very helpfull :

1/ integrate in code output.ino the possibility to have PWM output straight to a FET (code has been already developt and posted before for quad) this avoid 4 brushed ESC

2/ integrate a SPI com with a A7105 module for exemple this avoid use of rx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMIC-A7105-Wire ... 0953247359

if it can help someone already did a code in C to convert PPM to SPI for the module

https://code.google.com/p/rc-ppm-2-spi/

kavehslt

Post by kavehslt »

i wish the new version of multiwii means 2.3 write with the baud rate menu like wingui program for selecting different value of baud :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and using ultrasonic sensor for auto landing procedure !!!!
Last edited by kavehslt on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mitch_781

Post by Mitch_781 »

Answer to my previous post : integrate SPI com with A7105

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=3

multiwii flysky code has been already done.

maybe it would be nice if it was possible to choose it directly in 2.3 in config.h

#define FLYSKYRC //Flysky compatible integrated Rx with A7105,mpu6050,brushed motors,atmega 328(promini)

Sebbi

Post by Sebbi »

Where is the wishlist for 2.4? ;-)

My wishes:
- Hardware abstraction! Arduino was invented to do just that, but MultiWii uses AVR specific code almost everywhere. With an abstraction layer it could be easier to port MultiWii to different plattforms (AVR, ARM, X86, STM32) and run the same code everywhere
- Hardware in the loop support! To test new features one has to actually fly the copter/plane ... for small changes faster iterations could be possible if there was a possibility to feed artificial sensor data to a MultiWii board (new MSP command and special sensor definition needed). The GUI protocol could then be used to connect a MultiWii board to a simulator to quickly test algorithms (or: if there were a X86 version, it could be even tested without a board)
- Support for other telemetry systems (FrSky, etc)
- Sonar! What's up with that one?
- Center on MPU6050 plattform instead of WMP/Nunchuck ;-) ... it might be only my impression, but it looks like this is the sensor that almost everyone uses, right?