[idea] sketch config gui

jy0933

[idea] sketch config gui

Post by jy0933 »

[purely idea] i can read code... but barely got idea how to make gui

I probably have seen similar gui/program for other thing.

here's the basic idea

currently we need to open sketch and manually look for the corresponding sensor/code. uncomment to activate.... this is more like the geek's way.. there are people talking about having no idea how to config it..(cuz of this. is somehow complex for them... dont blame them tho)

thus...

how about make a gui ... the sensor/functions will be listed.. and put a check box in front to activate.. a comment on the back illustrating what this function is for...

the code is following some kind of flow... the main code will not be affected by this... the sensor/function codes work as modules that inserts to a certain place ( use a database like model.... the position of the code can be assigned once it is in)

this also might be able to integrate all the branches.. since most of the branches are based on the master branch. and either add or slightly modded... for the add-on's...can just make it as a module and assign a position where it should be inserted....

after user chose the wanted function/sensors/etcs... output the code in the uploadable form ... or even better.. upload to board directly from gui....

MWC is awesome... but since it is somehow "hard to config" for many people ( simple is always good tho).... this gui might bring more ppl into mw world

PEace

thanks

Fried_Onion

Re: [idea] sketch config gui

Post by Fried_Onion »

there is already something like that have a look at http://panoramaic.se/configurator/

PatrikE

Post by PatrikE »

And i will try to Update it to V2.1 soon.
Lots of things have been changed since 2.0!..:)

alexia

Post by alexia »

PatrikE wrote:And i will try to Update it to V2.1 soon.
Lots of things have been changed since 2.0!..:)

thanks to all multiwii communauty!we can applaused them!
i am pretty sure,a day, multiwii will be better than dji naza

jy0933

Post by jy0933 »

Fried_Onion wrote:there is already something like that have a look at http://panoramaic.se/configurator/

wow

how come I've never heard about that... it's just so awesome..

there are space for improving.. but this is just so good already

Quadraf

Post by Quadraf »

Or maybe this is something for you...:
http://code.google.com/p/mwc-prelude/

tovrin

Post by tovrin »

wow quadraf, that thing is an eyesore of clutter! lol, i see that it has all options on it but its really difficult to look at!

jy0933

Post by jy0933 »

Quadraf wrote:Or maybe this is something for you...:
http://code.google.com/p/mwc-prelude/

lol

for me and not for me.

i came up with this idea is just to help other people... myself dont have problem with manual config :)

that is a great work tho

Quadraf

Post by Quadraf »

tovrin wrote:wow quadraf, that thing is an eyesore of clutter! lol, i see that it has all options on it but its really difficult to look at!

I am used to see it and have to say i find it rather simple laydout in different clear sections. Only some clicks and no text browsing and typing errors for me anymore... :) . Ooh i am an opticien so if its difficult to look at, i have spectacles for sale :mrgreen: ;) , or do you have other suggestions...