0.96" SSD1306 128X64 OLED Display Module

Hamburger

Re: 0.96" SSD1306 128X64 OLED Display Module

Post by Hamburger »

http://www.digole.com/index.php?categoryID=153
One can find digole brand displays both on ebay or directly from brand website, shipping either from China or Canada.

I own choice of 0.96 ,1.3, 1.8 and large monochrome i2c displays.
Last edited by Hamburger on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

nicov

Post by nicov »

soundstorm wrote:Just bought a bunch of those OLEDs as I've broken the glass of my original Crius. They are working with the U8Lib, so the Crius did/does (broken the left anode, so I just see every second line). But those from eBay connected to the MultiWii do not show anything. Connected back to the Arduino on boot it shows the image it would have shown on the MultiWii till it's cleared. The back of the OLEDs are slightly different (the Crius has some more capacitors, resistors and one more transistor) - but as both are marked RIT253 at the corner and use SSD1306 chipset they should work the same.
Whats wrong here? It's not the same fault as fmillour:

Dear Soundstorm,

for SSD1306 you need to enable the charge pump, in i2c_OLED_init, just before the final 'display on', by sending '8D' '14' commands, as follows:

Code: Select all

i2c_OLED_send_cmd(0x8D);          //enables SSD1306 charge pump
  i2c_OLED_send_cmd(0x14);
  delay(20);
  i2c_OLED_send_cmd(0xaf);          //display on
  delay(20);
}

nicov

Post by nicov »

Hamburger wrote:May I suggest people consider moving from the original 0.96 oled -sometimes erroneously referred to as crius.oled - to the digole family of oleds.
Advantage is those come in different pbysical dimensions and have builtin character set. This does reduce memory requirement. Also no spurious initialization problems.
Digole is actively supported in mwii.

Many thanks for the hint : looks like 862 Bytes saved :D I'll get Digole now !

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

nicov wrote:Many thanks for the hint : looks like 862 Bytes saved :D I'll get Digole now !

good move! One other thing: for i2c the controller requires to solder one bridge. It is labeled correctly on the pcb but some printed graphics have it swapped with the spi solder bridge. The pcb printing has always been correct for me. (besides, it does not break but displays its spi or i2c address upon startup; just so you know)

Cereal_Killer

Post by Cereal_Killer »

Hey guys I know this is old, and there are already several other known working 128x64 OLED displays working with MW but I wanted to share mine. I found what I believe to be the CHEAPEST OLED on eBay and after some major fits I finally got it to work. Total cost was ~$4.

The display is 2 color- the top 2 lines are yellow, the rest is blue
Link here (I've already confirmed this guy continues this listing as it expires so it should stay active)
http://m.ebay.com/itm/291341369509?txnId=1131105411019

You will need to change the LCD file (which ever one has the i2C addressing of the different displays, don't remember if it's the .h or the .ccp off the top of my head, just search both for "128x64 OLED address") to match the jumper you use (I used 0x7B) and also, REMOVE THE N-FET AND JUMPER THE LEFT AND THE LOWER PADS (that's source to drain) on the display!

I'll try to get a pic of the transistor you remove today, it's already installed in the body tho so I may not be able to.
Edit:no pic possible but you can see the part in the ebay photo, it's the SOT-23 micro3 package part located between C1 and C5 with its drain leg pointed down. Again jumper source (top left) to drain (bottom center). Total cost is $4.46 currently, I believe I paid $4.7x for mine but I purchased it several listings ago, the price has came down since then so it may even get cheaper.

DO NOT BUY IF YOU NEED PLUG AND PLAY! This display has different addressing and REQUIRES tinkering to work.

chamarejc

Post by chamarejc »

Hello,
Sometime ago, I bought from Readytoflyquads an Oled display. Now I would like to use it but I can't connect it, more precisely the I2C controlor is not detected.
Informations on MutiWii.com topic 13540 don't help me, does someone can give me the I2C address to use.
I can't ask this directly to Readytoflyquads as there is no address mail on their web pages
Thank for answer
JC Amacher

Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

what about the shop's paypal address?