enabling/disabling camera stabilization from AUX

arnaldo

enabling/disabling camera stabilization from AUX

Post by arnaldo »

Alex can you add to aux channel also the enabling/disabling control for pitch-roll stabilization?!

Alexinparis

Re: enabling/disabling camera stabilization from AUX

Post by Alexinparis »

What would be the interest to be able to disengage the cam stabilization ?

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

For me, as an FPV flier, disabling stabilization would be handy when I want to have a very accurate idea of the copter's attitude. With stabilization on, I don't have a clear perception of how pitched the craft is.

Also, if I pitch too far forward or backward, the stabilizer snaps the camera back to what seems a center point and resumes stabilizing from there. For example, if I pitch forward more than 45 degrees, the camera will no longer point upward any further; instead it returns to some sort of middle position, which leaves me moving forward very quickly and looking at the ground instead of where I'm headed.

Being able to turn that off remotely would be good.

arnaldo

Post by arnaldo »

yes for the same think, fpv flight is not simple with stabilization, however if i want to take a good video while i'm fliyng i have to put on the stabilizator...and put off for returning to home...
you can add a checkbox in the gui?

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

ok, good argument ;)

arnaldo

Post by arnaldo »

;)

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

I had another thought about this, too. How possible would it be to link the servo(s) on the camera gimbal to an optional channel on the transmitter, perhaps as an override?

Here's the scenario I have in mind:

My previous multi rotor controller made no use of more than 4 channels, leaving me with 2 extra to play with. I assigned 5 to a flight stabilizer and 6 to a servo that my camera was attached to. I could flip the switch on that camera channel and the servo would flip the camera downard so I could see what was directly below me. This is a very entertaining feature, but without having full control of the servo, pointing the camera down wouldn't be possible.. unless I were warthox. :lol:

spag

arnaldo

Post by arnaldo »

i will add an extra pitch servo on my camera pod direclty connected to rx....so the stabilizator is indipendent by my pitch command...

Alexinparis

Post by Alexinparis »

It's planed: if you look at the last GUI, there are CAM1 and CAM2 RX input on channel 7&8 ;)
But there is currently no code behind.

spagoziak

Post by spagoziak »

Alexinparis wrote:It's planed: if you look at the last GUI, there are CAM1 and CAM2 RX input on channel 7&8 ;)
But there is currently no code behind.

Oh nice! Well, good thing it's not planned... it'll be a long time before I can afford an 8 channel radio!!