HOTT Telemetry integration

mopedcrosser

Re: HOTT Telemetry integration

Post by mopedcrosser »

Hi,

can´t we just add it to the regular code as an option to define in config.h ?

Sebastian

flyrobot

Post by flyrobot »

Hi,

I hope it will add it to config.h.

John

flyrobot

Post by flyrobot »

Hi,

Anyone who can modify the hott telemetry code for 2.2 ?

Thanks,

John

TheBum

Post by TheBum »

Resurrecting an old thread because the issue still exists on 2.3 and, soon, on 2.4.

Has anybody adapted the code to run on 2.3 or 2.4pre? I see a movement afoot to incorporate FrSky telemetry, but HoTT telemetry has been left to languish. The GitHub page apparently hasn't been updated in ages: the latest version is for MWC 2.1 and a lot of the links are dead.

I may try to get it working again offline, but I'd eventually have to commit the changes to the repository.

TheBum

Post by TheBum »

I've been working through the 2.1 HoTTv4 code, trying to get it adapted to 2.4pre, and I don't much care for all the delays causing skipped frames. It seems to me that if the HoTT telemetry protocol requires ~2ms between bytes and can go up to 4ms (per previous posts), and the MultiWii frame period is kept at its default of 2.8ms, the work of sending telemetry data could be split up across however many frames it takes to get it all transmitted. Each enabled module type's data packet would take approximately 1/8 of a second to transmit and would have no impact on flight control.

Text mode for TX adjustment of PIDs and such could be kept the way it is since it's only going to be enabled when the FC is disarmed.

TheBum

Post by TheBum »

Update: I've implemented interrupt-driven transmission of binary telemetry data and text data using Timer0. The only sacrifices I had to make were with the Pro Mini, as follows:

1. It won't work with octocopters on a Pro Mini.
2. Hexcopters on a Pro Mini will fall back to software PWM for motors 5 and 6 using a single Timer0 comparison register.

I'm working on the alarm setting screens and alarm queuing right now so that thresholds can be changed on the TX and alarms can be heard on the TX.

thestealth

Post by thestealth »

Have you port hott to 2.4?

have you a Git Repo?

TheBum

Post by TheBum »

I've been sidetracked by other projects. The last time I worked on it, I was having trouble with sensor types being consistently recognized by the transmitter on its initial polls. Even when they were recognized, GPS data would be bad every few seconds. I just need to find the time to analyze the packets. Hopefully it's something simple.

thestealth

Post by thestealth »

The best way would be just like the FRSKY in 2.4 build on to thus be a source of error excluded.

For me it is also the time why I'm asking for a repo.
To write everything from scratch or to control everything I currently do not have the time and inclination.
But whom everyone can work on it, it would be less work for all.
I think the recognition is due to the Loop Time

TheBum

Post by TheBum »

I've virtually eliminated the loop time as a factor. I'm using hardware timer interrupts to trigger each byte's transmission. The only time delay that's related to loop time is the time from receipt of the request to the next loop iteration, at which time the hardware timer for the first transmission byte is enabled.

I actually started with the obayer/MultiWii-HoTT repo on GitHub, but the code has changed quite a lot. I'll see about getting the new version online this weekend.

thestealth

Post by thestealth »

i Have qick edit the Hott script from 2.1 can anyone test this?

I have complete delete the Text mode.

PID over EZ-Gui is better.

When i go home in next Days i test this.

For use copy the script from zip to mw dir and add this lines to config.h

Code: Select all

/**************************************************************************************/
  /***********************                  hott-related         **************************/
  /**************************************************************************************/

/* its use Serial 1 for HOTT */
        #define HOTTV4_TELEMETRY // Define for use of Graupner HoTT v4 telemetry usage
   #define HOTTV4_VOLTAGE_MAX 126 // Max. voltage of used batttery, e.g. LiPo 3S = 12,6V
   #define HOTTV4_VOLTAGE_WARNING 100 // Battery level when alarm is triggered (10,0V)

hott.zip
HOTTv4 for 2.4
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 227 times

Have zero compile errors

W1k1

Post by W1k1 »

I have tested your snippet, there are a few mistackes. Since Version 2.4 of MultiWii its all based on classes, so each tab is splitted into a code file .cpp and a header file .h .
Also the variables need a class. For example in 2.1 heading was just " heading ", in 2.4 its "att.heading" .

I have just done this, but it wont work. Hopefully somebody can help to fix this and get this working :)
Here is my Version. Changes:

--> Only Mega support on Serial 3 ! Because HoTT HD is for me only working on Serial 1 and Serial 2 is GPS
--> Variable names updated
--> Hook, Setup and Init placed in MultiWii.cpp

Tried it with a G12L with newest Firmware and a MX20, also with newest Firmware (V 1.197)

Greetings from Germany ;)!
Attachments
MultiWii_2.4_HoTT.zip
(181.8 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

B35

Post by B35 »

hi,

last week i used obayer's version and integrated it into my multiwii code v2.4... i had no time to fly and test it in the wild :-(
i encountered an "problem": sometimes my mx-16 detects the multiwii as "electric air module" and after some time it is detected as "GPS"... the next time i will debug it.

here my version: https://github.com/bes89/multiwii/tree/ ... ntegration
Attachments
IMG_20150625_234348.jpg
IMG_20150625_234436.jpg
IMG_20150628_235142.jpg

MrBlueShooter

Post by MrBlueShooter »

I can confirm that it pop up as different modules every time, usualy as electrical air.
Something is not good in communications. It is not showing any values that makes any sense...
It should be some possibility to configure what sensor module to display as you only cqan have one of those on HOTT. In text mode it would be good to put that option.
I got in to text mode once, but it hanged all telemetry and I have no chance to go thrugh menus there.