AUX channels - alternative to select range?

Loosi

AUX channels - alternative to select range?

Post by Loosi »

Hi all!

I think everybody knows the problem: Multiwii has so mutch options for the AUX switches, but the most Transmitters has only 2 AUX channels. (mine do, its a HK-T6A V2)

Cause i´am waiting for a new motor i had some time to think about what to do to use most functions with only 2 aux channels. Normally when you turn on the switch its value in the GUI goes up to 1500, when its off its at 1000:
off: 1000
on: 1500

Now i opened the TX and figured out that the Potentiometer (VR A and VR B) are only voltage-dividers with a 5k variable resistor.

After some tests i figured out that it should be no problem to replace the potentiometer with a switch wich has 6 steps.
then we have:
off: 1000
position1: 1200 +- 2
position2: 1400 +- 2
position3: 1600 +- 2
position4: 1800 +- 2
position5: 2000 +- 2

The question and idea is:

Why dont change the "switches" for selecting the function for the aux channel from low, mid and high to variable values that can be set via the gui?
currently it looks like this:

and change it do:

So it will be possible to use more than 2 functions on a aux switch if it supports smaller pwm steps.
I think that everyone who can build a multiwiicopter is able to modify his transmitter with an other switch, so it would be a great feature for the people with only 2 AUX channels.

My programming skills with arduino are not the best, so i cant do it myself, but maybe someone who can thinks the idea is good and will do it :)

Hope you understand what i mean :D

Greetings
Loosi
Attachments
new.png
maybe new gui
(7.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
old.png
old gui
(6.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Loosi

Re: AUX channels - alternative to select range?

Post by Loosi »

Sorry have seen that someone posted the same idea here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1014

please close or delete :-(