Using MultiWii as a sensor/GPS data logger with bluetooth

katip0

Using MultiWii as a sensor/GPS data logger with bluetooth

Post by katip0 »

Hello

I have a project where I need to precisely measure the roll and tilt/pitch of tracks, paths and sidewalks while moving, although only at walking pace or slightly above.

So I thought a MultiWii board with a MPU6050 DMP sensor for stable measurements while moving, and a GPS and Bluetooth module connected.

The data could be broadcast via the Bluetooth say 4x per second and I could use an App on an Android phone to sort, store and log the data.

I've got an App already working but the inconsistencies in sensor data quality and the fact that the measurements are unstable because they only normally use the accelerometers for orientation measurements.

Another reason for using a MultiWii is that I would also like the users/loggers phone to be free from a fixed mounting so they can take pictures of features or obstacles etc.

This is not a commercial project but a social one aimed at helping communities to map wheelchair accessibility.

If anyone can help or has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

ezio

Post by ezio »

You can use EZ-GUI to log the data from MW. And then convert the log to useful format. http://ez-gui.com/ez-gui-logs-converter ... converter/