how to connect gps module to arduino uno with multiwii 2.4

stefno11

how to connect gps module to arduino uno with multiwii 2.4

Post by stefno11 »

How to connect GPS UBLOX NEO-6M to Arduino one for the proper functioning of MultiWii 2.4?

Kbev5709

Re: how to connect gps module to arduino uno with multiwii 2

Post by Kbev5709 »

stefno11 wrote:How to connect GPS UBLOX NEO-6M to Arduino one for the proper functioning of MultiWii 2.4?

Arduino Uno uses the 328P processor which lacks the required memory to run anything more than minimal GPS (and still probably won't even work minimally.) A better bet if you insist on using arduino would be an arduino mega.

stefno11

Post by stefno11 »

thanks, on Arduino mega where is connected the GPS module?

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

stefno11 wrote:thanks, on Arduino mega where is connected the GPS module?

I have no idea. I don't use an arduino uno or mega. Never tried to use one and never would. Too many wires needed. It makes a mess. I'm sure others have done it and there is info out there if you look. Try YouTube.

handsomejackuk

Post by handsomejackuk »

I did get atmega 328p running gps a while back i used a home built serial to i2c convertor for the GPS to work... although the GPS was working i never got any gps functions to work... it did read the GPS and show position

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

handsomejackuk wrote:I did get atmega 328p running gps a while back i used a home built serial to i2c convertor for the GPS to work... although the GPS was working i never got any gps functions to work... it did read the GPS and show position

Yep. That's about all you can get out of GPS with a 328P. So, if you can't make it do at least a RTH or GPS hold, it's basically not working.