Turn Acc-sensor direction

Fat Tony

Turn Acc-sensor direction

Post by Fat Tony »

Hello,
On my copter shield I turned the Acc (BMA020) about 90°, so I have to change the x- and y-direction.
Is it enough to change it in the source code under the point "Sensors/default board orientation" ?

Code: Select all

// ************************************************************************************************************
// board orientation and setup
// ************************************************************************************************************
//default board orientation
#if !defined(ACC_ORIENTATION)
  #define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  = X; accADC[PITCH]  = Y; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
#endif

Fat Tony

Re: Turn Acc-sensor direction

Post by Fat Tony »

Oh now, I think I find the right Code part :oops:
I have to change it in the config.h right ?

//****** end of advanced users settings *************

//if you want to change to orientation of individual sensor
//#define ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {accADC[ROLL]  =  Y; accADC[PITCH]  = -X; accADC[YAW]  = Z;}
//#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
//#define MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z)  {magADC[ROLL]  = X; magADC[PITCH]  = Y; magADC[YAW]  = Z;}

Niclas Hedlund

Re: Turn Acc-sensor direction

Post by Niclas Hedlund »

Thats correct!

Just watch out if you use the "#define GYRO_ORIENTATION()" in config.h because it seems to be altered compared to the "#define GYRO_ORIENTATION" that is used by default in Sensors.pde. X and Y are mixed up in the 1.8 patch1 release.

config.h -->//#define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; gyroADC[PITCH] =  X; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
Sensors.pde --> #define GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {gyroADC[ROLL] = X; gyroADC[PITCH] = Y; gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}