Arduino Pro Mini 8Mhz

zamby.ing

Arduino Pro Mini 8Mhz

Post by zamby.ing »

I am building a small drone HEX6X with brushed motors, Arduino Pro Mini 3.3v, GY-86 sensor.

Some time ago, I read that MultiWii supports Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V 8MHz, but in this forum I saw patches MultiWii v 2.0 for 8MHz.

Tthe my little drone seems to work, it flies and remains flat, it responds to commands but I have some problems of sensitivity and drift.

I am confused, MultiWii support Arduino Pro Mini 8MHz?
There is a recent version?

Thanks for the answers.

QuadBow

Re: Arduino Pro Mini 8Mhz

Post by QuadBow »

zamby.ing wrote:but I have some problems of sensitivity and drift.
The drift can't be compensated and the sensitivity may be improved by PID tuning.
zamby.ing wrote:I am confused, MultiWii support Arduino Pro Mini 8MHz?
Actually Multiwii does not support 8MHz, it supports Promini, Promicro and Mega - all @16MHz. That's due to the timings (Rx, Tx, Pwm,...) which are based upon 16Mhz. Of course, you can patch the source code.
Since 8MHz will increase the loop time from 3ms to 6ms I don't recommend to do so. Buy a cheap new Promini @16MHz or - if you intend to make use of the newest Gps functions like navigation - get a Mega.

zamby.ing

Post by zamby.ing »

Ok. Thanks for the reply. The documentation is not exactly correct. I will buy the 16 mhz, but I'll have to add a step-up to 5V. For the GPS function is mandatory Arduino mega?

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

zamby.ing wrote:For the GPS function is mandatory Arduino mega?
A Promini is sufficient for the functions POSITION HOLD and RETURN TO HOME.
A Mega is required for the new waypoint navigation.