APM 2.6 to run Multiwii ?

setelu

APM 2.6 to run Multiwii ?

Post by setelu »

Hi guys, I'm new to all this. I have the apm 2.6 and I want to know if I can use the MultiWii program to modify code and test different cofiguraciones for a quadricopter.

PatrikE

Re: APM 2.6 to run Multiwii ?

Post by PatrikE »

setelu wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to all this. I have the apm 2.6 and I want to know if I can use the MultiWii program to modify code and test different cofiguraciones for a quadricopter.

APM board uses SPI bus and MWii I2C.

Not compatible without adding SPI protocol in MWii.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

There has been previous talk on this subject but few are willing to take on the task. I personally have not had the time but it is something I really would like to do.

for what it is worth, here is a demo link on accessing the MPU6000: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/find- ... u-v3-using

setelu

Post by setelu »

copterrichie wrote:There has been previous talk on this subject but few are willing to take on the task. I personally have not had the time but it is something I really would like to do.

for what it is worth, here is a demo link on accessing the MPU6000: http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/find- ... u-v3-using

thanks for the info. I am interested and try to work it.
I have also seen the MegaPirateNG software, if I am not mistaken, MPNG works with apm and arduino. this may help me do it.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

setelu wrote:thanks for the info. I am interested and try to work it.
I have also seen the MegaPirateNG software, if I am not mistaken, MPNG works with apm and arduino. this may help me do it.

I am not sure of the MegaPirateNG have code to access the MPU-6000 but if it does, that would be an excellent source to port from.

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

There's no reason why mpng should work with apm, considering it's merely a direct port. No point in porting something that already exists in a better form.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Arakon wrote:There's no reason why mpng should work with apm, considering it's merely a direct port. No point in porting something that already exists in a better form.

Well, I think better is subjective. I think Multiwii is much easier to configure especially for a layperson.

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

I'm talking about porting the APM software to APM. Megapirate is nothing but a port of the APM software to non-APM boards.

copterrichie

Post by copterrichie »

Arakon wrote:I'm talking about porting the APM software to APM. Megapirate is nothing but a port of the APM software to non-APM boards.

I agree with your statement but was the code for the MPU-6000 ported? I personally looked at the APM code for the mpu-6000 and could not follow it.