MW FC and turnigy 9X receiver Scorched

dev

MW FC and turnigy 9X receiver Scorched

Post by dev »

Plot :
Surprisingly I noticed that my 9X RECEIVER antenna wire was lying on the table, to fix it I solder it back to receiver module. After this soldering work, I started connecting all the signals from FC to their respective channels and ESC’s to the control board. Switched on the transmitter and powered up the copter. While checking the gyroscope parameter, I sensed burning smell emanating from the receiver. All the ESC’s were heated up but fortunately nothing happened. At last I could see a component on MW flight controller and 9X receiver in parched condition. Please refer to the images.

The vehicle was in proper working condition before this incident occurred. I’m expecting a clue from you Guys to crack down a Turnigy 9X receiver case so as to avoid any similar loss in future.

Vehicle Details : MW FC , Turnigy 9X Tx & Rx, Turnigy 4500mah 4S, ESC Simon K 30Amp, Emax motors.
Attachments
Turnigy 9X receiver module
Turnigy 9X receiver module
MW FC AIO
MW FC AIO

Arakon

Re: MW FC and turnigy 9X receiver Scorched

Post by Arakon »

On the FC, it's a diode. Not sure about the receiver. Looks to me like you possibly reversed the polarity or hooked up a wire that carried battery voltage rather than 5v.