MWC 2.3 (I have no idea what I'm doing)

noobie

MWC 2.3 (I have no idea what I'm doing)

Post by noobie »

I tried to search my problem but didn't see anything that was helpful. Maybe I missed it but any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very new to the quadcopter. I got this (or something a lot like it) from a guy off Craigslist. He didn't fly it for me cause it was raining that day (I'm dumb). When I got it home and recharged the battery, I tried to fly it but it wouldn't stay level at all. We texted back and forth about it and he suggested I reprogram the board. Not a big deal (or I thought). The flight controller is MultiWii v2.5, so I got the latest stable firmware (2.3), made the necessary adjustments on the config.h file (at least what I found in places online) and sent it to the board. Now it acts like this....

1. While having the board plugged into my laptop and connected to the MultiWii GUI, I arm the copter and push up on the throttle. With the throttle up about 45%-50%, the output says the FRONT_L and REAR_R motors are around 1800 while FRONT_R and REAR_L are almost at the MIN. (Picture Attached) Thoughts?

MultiWii motors throttle uneven
MultiWii motors throttle uneven

2. While still getting info back from the GUI, I tilt the copter to the right and it thinks I'm tilting to the left. I calibrated the ACC and MAG and it still does this. (Picture Attached)

Tilt opposite from what I think it should be
Tilt opposite from what I think it should be

Did I get got? Should I not have bought this? How can I diagnose it? Is it fixable? Again, I'm very very new to this and would appreciate any advice and/or direction. Thanks.

Leo

Re: MWC 2.3 (I have no idea what I'm doing)

Post by Leo »

My brain is completely off and I shouldn't be posting nonsense as I did here... :oops:
Last edited by Leo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

LutzB

Post by LutzB »

noobie wrote:1. While having the board plugged into my laptop and connected to the MultiWii GUI, I arm the copter and push up on the throttle. With the throttle up about 45%-50%, the output says the FRONT_L and REAR_R motors are around 1800 while FRONT_R and REAR_L are almost at the MIN. (Picture Attached) Thoughts?

This may happen because you did not setup your transmitter correct. The center positions of yaw, pitch and roll are too low. They should be 1500.
noobie wrote:2. While still getting info back from the GUI, I tilt the copter to the right and it thinks I'm tilting to the left. I calibrated the ACC and MAG and it still does this. (Picture Attached)

This is the desired behavior. The gauge you are referencing is the horizon. Think of being the pilot of your quad. If you tilt right, the ground on the right side is moving up from your point of view.

I think there is nothing wrong with this quad. Just read how to setup your transmitter and it should fly quite good.

sampedro916

Post by sampedro916 »

Sounds to me like you need to calibrate your esc's to the flight controller.
If your flight controller isnt receiving a synced Throttle signal from your receiver you will experience issues such as this. Im not 100% positive if you must do this with your ESCs connected to your FC, but usually, you would power up your TX put your throttle to high(full) power up multirotor, ESCs make a tune, then while all powered up still, bring throttle down to low, ESCs will make another tune, and they should be calibrated. Do this with out props, and when first powering, immediately lower throttle after first tune ESCs emit.