UBLOX Neo 6M wiring with MultiWii Pro

zbowman

UBLOX Neo 6M wiring with MultiWii Pro

Post by zbowman »

MTK GPS that came with my MultiWii Pro never worked. Been trying to get the Neo 6M GPS I got as a replacement to work but haven't got it working yet.

Anyone have the proper wiring and config to get this to work? It didn't come with proper documentation.

GPS I have is this: http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_297006_1.jpg

Back and wires are this: http://i.imgur.com/FdxvIeW.jpg

FengShuiDrone

Re: UBLOX Neo 6M wiring with MultiWii Pro

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zbowman

Post by zbowman »

Thank you for taking the time to post all of that. It doesn't appear as though my MTK is able to be used. It no longer lights up when plugged in. Previously the LED was a faint red but it is now entirely off. I'm not completely foreign to commenting code or ensuring the right wires go to which, but some of your numbers are the first I've seen as I've been reading on this. I hadn't tried the 57600 baud yet but I have tried to go through the MTK INIT before. Even though it no longer lights up, I thought I would get it an attempt just now but it didn't work sadly with the MTK.

I was hoping for it to be as easy as switching over to use UBLOX and plug in the new GPS but I get compile errors when I attempt to do that. I see references to using u-blox-config.ublox.txt if I were to be using that type of antenna. From the looks of what I've read elsewhere, I may need a FTDI cable to hook the GPS directly to USB and configure it with ucenter?

I have tried plugging in basically every combination of black/white to tx/rx/ground. Still no satellites.

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

zbowman wrote:It no longer lights up when plugged in. Previously the LED was a faint red but it is now entirely off.
It looks that the MTK device really is damaged.

zbowman wrote:I was hoping for it to be as easy as switching over to use UBLOX and plug in the new GPS but I get compile errors when I attempt to do that.
As mentioned before: if you define GPS_SERIAL, GPS_BAUD and UBLOX it will compile without errors. Could you post the error message?

zbowman wrote:I see references to using u-blox-config.ublox.txt if I were to be using that type of antenna. From the looks of what I've read elsewhere, I may need a FTDI cable to hook the GPS directly to USB and configure it with ucenter?
You can do so in order to verify your GPS device is running. But, it is no must, because multiwii configures the GPS device at start-up (baud rate, messages to be sent,...). Some GPS devices forget the entries done by u-center...