aiopro v2.0 with v2.3 gps problem

willow609

aiopro v2.0 with v2.3 gps problem

Post by willow609 »

hi everyone im wandering if there is anybody that could help me please.
I have a crius aiopro v2.0. I have loaded the multiwii firmware 2.3 and have it running as a 6hex x. the problem is that I have a ublox cn-06 gps unit connected straight to serial port 2. I am however totally unable to get arduino to compile a sketch for me when I select serial port 2 and select the ublox setting. it constantly comes up with errors. is there anyone out there that can tell me what I am doing wrong. or if anyone has an edited version of this I could read I would be very greatful.
many thanks in advance

nyan#3

Re: aiopro v2.0 with v2.3 gps problem

Post by nyan#3 »

Hi guy!
I have same problem, AIOP v2, MultiWii 2.3, Neo-6M and uBlox protocol. And encountered compile error on Arduino IDE.
Today I tried to change FC from MultiWiiSe2.5 to AIOP on my quad. And I also changed Arduino IDE to 1.6.1 (Previous,V1.0.6)
Finally I got fixed it by restoring version to V1.0.6 (Arduino IDE)
I think, this compile error may be caused by new IDE V1.6.1 some changes.
If you used v1.6.1 IDE, you should better to down version.
I hope to make help you by this information.

Leo

Post by Leo »

Have you tried MultiWii v2.4?

QuadBow

Post by QuadBow »

willow609 wrote: is there anyone out there that can tell me what I am doing wrong. or if anyone has an edited version of this I could read I would be very greatful.
The issue is related to the prog_char macro which is deprecated in the newer arduino toolchain. You can fix it by replacing prog_char with const char.

Leo wrote:Have you tried MultiWii v2.4?
Alternatively, you can move directly towards multiwii 2.4, which has been released recently and compiles without any error for your configuration.

NNagib

Post by NNagib »

QuadBow, thank you for this clarification!
Leo, I had many issues with 2.4, with different boards (DroTek V3 and Crius AIOP V2). i2c devices are going crazy (compass, accelerometer). I guess that might be related to increased the default i2c bus speed in 2.4, but I am not sure. For me, 2.3 with Eosbandi code is the best multiwii ever.

Kbev5709

Post by Kbev5709 »

NNagib wrote:QuadBow, thank you for this clarification!
Leo, I had many issues with 2.4, with different boards (DroTek V3 and Crius AIOP V2). i2c devices are going crazy (compass, accelerometer). I guess that might be related to increased the default i2c bus speed in 2.4, but I am not sure. For me, 2.3 with Eosbandi code is the best multiwii ever.

Version 2.3 has an incomplete GPS implementation. Version 2.4 has full GPS implementation. 2.3 is a giant step backwards in GPS functionality compared to 2.4. EOSbandi wrote the Win GUI interface for 2.3 and has never implemented support for 2.4 in Win GUI, forcing users of 2.4 to change the version number in the multiwii.h file back to 230, which is the only difficulty I've had going from 2.3 to 2.4.