Sketch Upload Problems!!!

skymike

Sketch Upload Problems!!!

Post by skymike »

Hi all,

So i Have been having some issues uploading the sketch to the Multiwii Pro EZ 3.0 from white spy.
I must start by saying that this problem occurred when i was trying to clear EEPROM and reload a new sketch. When I loaded the original sketch from White Spy I had no issues and everything worked fine. The only thing that changed from then until now is that. I tried to load the EEPROM clear sketch from the examples folder and it would not complete the upload, just sits there saying "uploading".

What i did to try and correct;
So far I have uninstalled all the Arduino software and re downloaded same "newest" version. and the associated driver from FTDI.
Rebooted PC

I can not load any Sketches at this point. i just get the upload process freezing

My Settings
Board- Arduino mega 2560
Port - Com Port 3

Any one have issues like this?
What was your fix?

I saw alot of other post about getting a error message from AVRDUDE this is not my issue so please don't post fixes to that issue.

waltr

Re: Sketch Upload Problems!!!

Post by waltr »

Recheck in Ardiuno IDE that you have selected the correct board type and programmer.
Also check in the Device Manager that COM3 is the correct port.

skymike

Post by skymike »

Waltr.
What is IDE?
Did verify that I was using com 3 also I have selected usbasp is this correct since I'm using USB?

Carl334

Post by Carl334 »

Not correct programmer if you are using a FTDI with your USB.

skymike

Post by skymike »

FIXED!!!!!

Ok so there were multiple issues. the main issue was that the USBASP programmer was wrong.

the other issue I had was that my PC was not recognizing the driver for the programmer. I restored my PC to an earlier date and reloaded the drivers.

Thanks guys for all the assistance.

skymike

Post by skymike »

Wanted to put an update, as I have found more issues.

I can not upload a sketch when I have the BT module plugged into FCB. When I unplug it everything works fine.

Another issue I found was that the FCB has a reset button that I need to press before uploading. If I do this then I have a successful upload. If I don't push reset then I may have a 50/50 chance of a successful upload.

Does any one have these issues with other multiwii boards? I only have used my current board from ready to fly quads aka whitespy.

Thanks

waltr

Post by waltr »

1- Yes, this is because the Connections used for BT share the USB USART connections. So if you want to use the USB NO other device can be connected to the USART.
2- That's just the the board works.
3- Every board design can be a little different. I use Flip1.5 and Flip Pro board without any issues.