Baro Sensor

deejayspinz

Baro Sensor

Post by deejayspinz »

I've had a baro sensor on my NanoWii-based quad for a while now, but being a noob, have never been sure if it is actually working. I haven't flown for a while since it's been cold, but took it out on a nice day and took interest in testing the alt hold mode. I don't think its working, or its not working as well as it should. When I installed it I confirmed I can see the sensor in MultiWiiConf and also set my TX up so my 3 mode toggle switches it on when needed. However, I am not certain I know how to tell it's actually working correctly? Is there something in MultiWiiConf that I can see that shows the alt readings? I can see that the sensor is discovered and turns on when I toggle the switch.. Trying to understand if I missed something or have to do some tuning?

BTW, I've also read the Wiki and have protected the sensor with some foam to block the sun and wind.

brewski

Re: Baro Sensor

Post by brewski »

You should see the graph as well as ALT reading in MW Config. If you raise board 1m you should see change of approx. 1m.
Baro sensor requires a piece of foam (make sure air can pass thru it) over it to prevent prop wash & light affecting sensor.

deejayspinz

Re: Baro Sensor

Post by deejayspinz »

Duh.. Think I answered my own question... Looking at the Wiki again, don't think I tuned PID correctly (or at all). Double duh! Going to try that first. Sorry folks.