Need help with ReadytoFlyQuads Bluetooth module.

trivejb

Need help with ReadytoFlyQuads Bluetooth module.

Post by trivejb »

I have the Naze32 board installed in a scratch 450 quad. Have been flying it some but still need to do a lot of tweaking. I am using CPPM which leaves pins 2-6 free so I have set the SoftSerial function on and connecting the FrSky Telemetry to pin 6 (back side of board). The telemetry works fine. Now I am trying to connect the ReadytoFlyQuads BT module but not having much luck. The module powers up and I can pair it to my Samsung S4 (the red LED stays red). If this BT module has a green LED it never comes on. I am not sure what the meaning of the green LED is but this might be indicating a problem with the connection to the Naze32? USB to PC is always disconnected. When starting the app and connecting all I get is “Warning: No Data Received!” followed by a series of negative numbers. I have double checked the TX/RX connections and even reversed them but makes no difference. Another strange thing, when the app connects, the green LED on the Naze32 comes on and the motors start beeping about every second. I have to disconnect the battery to reset everything. I have reviewed all the CLI commands that I think may fix this but no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

brewski

Re: Need help with ReadytoFlyQuads Bluetooth module.

Post by brewski »

I suggest you repost in Ezi-GUI thread where Ezio should be able to help

subaru4wd

Post by subaru4wd »

Im having this exact same issue with several different bluetooth modules. I can pair and connect just fine using the EZGUI app, but immediately get No Data errors. Ive verified TX > RX and even swapped and made TX > TX to troubleshoot. No matter what, the moment I connect to the BT with my phone, the red LED on my flight controller lights up and it appears as tho baseflight stops responding.

I searched but could come up with nothing.

FengShuiDrone

Post by FengShuiDrone »

Last edited by FengShuiDrone on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

brewski

Post by brewski »

I don't know about the 32bit FCs but my Crius AIOP V2 will not boot with BT connected. I installed a miniature switch & just turn on after FC has booted.