MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module + 10DOF

izeman

MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module + 10DOF

Post by izeman »

my quad has the MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module from hobbyking installed. unfortunately i heard too late that the baro and acc is not up2date anymore. so i ordered a 10DOF IMU MS5611 HMC5883L MPU6050 Flight Control Sensor Module to add to this board.
there should be no conflicts for the gyro,acc and baro as those additional sensors are not present at the mainboard. but what to do with the compass? is there a way to disable it? maybe desolder that chip from the add-on board?

Code: Select all

ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro and BMA180 Accelerometer -> MPU6050
BMP085 Barometer -> MS5611
HMC5883L Magnetometer -> HMC5883L

so how would i configure that in config.h?

before i only had to choose that all-in-one-board-entry:

#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883

do i choose on of those?

//#define GY_86           // Chinese 10 DOF with  MPU6050 HMC5883L MS5611, LLC
  //#define PROTO_DIY       // 10DOF mega board
  //#define FLYDUINO_MPU       // MPU6050 Break Out onboard 3.3V reg

or do i only choose the correct one there? but how does the software know the mainboard and cpu then?

//#define MPU6050       //combo + ACC
  //#define MS561101BA
  //#define HMC5883

e_lm_70

Re: MultiWii PRO Flight Controller w/MTK GPS Module + 10DOF

Post by e_lm_70 »

I have this board, and the only component to be updated is the bark

I bought a 5611 module, set the secondary i2c addree for it, else you get conflict with bmp085 on board

All is fine

In your case I doubt you can change the module 5611 default address and you have also a the mag conflict

The quick solution could be to remove some component or cut some i2c line ... more easy and risk free is to take a 5611 module that cost just 8$

izeman

Post by izeman »

thanks for the reply. the module is already shipped. i oversaw that HMC5883 issue as well. well - i'm an noob to quadcopters. so i ordered a lot of stuff and this will not be my last mistake, and i for sure will order some new board in the near future. so for now i guess i will just cut some traces on the add on board ;)

e_lm_70

Post by e_lm_70 »

izeman wrote:thanks for the reply. the module is already shipped. i oversaw that HMC5883 issue as well. well - i'm an noob to quadcopters. so i ordered a lot of stuff and this will not be my last mistake, and i for sure will order some new board in the near future. so for now i guess i will just cut some traces on the add on board ;)

Mag is not the only problem

Bmp085 on board will conflict with ms5611 ... I doubt you have exposed the needed pin from the 5611 for use the secondary i2c address

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

One option is to simply desolder/cut off the mag and baro. That way there will be no device conflict. Best done with a hot air station or very carefully with a scalpel.

izeman

Post by izeman »

but doing so i should at least desolder the BMP085 and not the 5611, even though it will be worse accessible.
i really should have read more before and safe some money and time ...
thanks for the pro help guys!

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

Well yeah, I am talking about the "old" sensors of course.