Help! Output voltage to ESC too low.

torxnl

Help! Output voltage to ESC too low.

Post by torxnl »

The output to one of my ESC's is too low. I connected everything to my board and tried testing it. When I arm the device I can get 3 engines running but one does absolutely nothing. When I connect this ESC to another output it works just fine so the motor or ESC isn't broken. Then I tried measuring the outputs and I noticed that the output voltage for this pin (6) is way lower than the rest. The range for pin 6 is about 0.3v to 1.8v while the rest is 2.7v to 4.5v.

So I think this is the reason why this motor won't run, but can somebody explain me how I can fix this? I already tried switching to a different pin on the board but that started messing with my sensors.
Last edited by torxnl on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltr

Re: Help! Output voltage to ESC too low.

Post by waltr »

BEC output from the ESC is low?
Where is pin 6?
Exactly which ESC? motors?

torxnl

Post by torxnl »

No the output from the board is low. I am using an Arduino Leonardo and the ESC's are connected to pin 5, 6, 9 and 10. When I connect the ESC's to those pins, they all work except the one connected to pin 6. So I measured the voltage coming from these pins and number 6 (the one that doesn't works) shows a lower voltage than the others.

I am using TURNIGY Plush 18amp ESC's.

Arakon

Post by Arakon »

You can't measure voltage on PWM pins. That's a signal that is rapidly moving up and down, whatever voltage you measure is garbage. It sounds more like you didn't calibrate the ESCs.

torxnl

Post by torxnl »

I already calibrated my ESC's and when I connect this ESC to another pin it works just fine. It just doesn't work when I connect it to this pin, which should be the right one according to the multiwii config GUI.

ppsel03

Post by ppsel03 »

Flashed my NanoWii with BradWii and have only the USB connected.
Scoped via the RIGOL DS1052E
Pin 6 is a 490hz square wave,
50% duty cycle,
Vrms 3.53v,
period 1.008ms

see:
NanoWii Vrms ect. Pin 6
NanoWii Vrms ect. Pin 6