HK Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATm

P1808

HK Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATm

Post by P1808 »

I am building my first quadcopter and first RC craft ever, probably not the best to start off with but its what i wanted. here is what I am working with.

turnigy 9x TX/RX
Q-brain 4x20a ESC
Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10309375_10203167928311917_7130796352923634511_n.jpg
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10371453_10203167930071961_6956063207508992463_n.jpg

I have it all set up and followed the user submitted set ups on the HK website and installed Arduino 1.0.5-r2 and set up the megapirate software and made all the modifications, this installed on the quad with no problems. the problems occur when I try to connect it to the apm for the multiwii programs on my computer, (I tried them both) so I can set up the transmitter and the different flight modes. the programs run but they do not see the controller inputs. I think the firmware is right but not really sure.

also not sure if I am getting a head of myself but the only way i have found to run the motors is to connect the ESC directly to the receiver, when i connect them to the board like the instructions say nothing happens, not sure if this is because it is not setup properly.

any help would be great and pictures would be better if you have the same board. thanks I am beating my head against the wall with this one

Tower

Re: HK Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI

Post by Tower »

I´m building a hexacopter also with the turnigy 9x and the Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0 (first flight pending, but setup now working). The problem you mention I did not face, my connections without ESC are enclosed in the picture.

For debugging your problem I would start on the PC/ board side. I understand your receiver in general works.
Can you compile simple arduino programs on the board, e.g. the blink program (and of cause do you see the blinking LED)?
Do the controller program and the GUI version match? I assume megapirate controler program and multiwii GUI will not talk to each other, you need the 2.3 multiwii controler program and the 2.3 multiwii GUI.
Do you see other signals displayed in the GUI e.g. from the ACC? Did you select the right port in the GUI etc.? These signals should be displayed without connected receiver.

Hope that helps for finding the bug
Attachments
IMG-20140702-WA0004.jpg

Stoupha

Re: HK Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI

Post by Stoupha »

Hello !
i'm burding a Tricopter with the HK Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller and after installing a new version of the program in it, the yellow LED became Solid and I can no longer controlling anything with the handle.
i tried to flash the controller and reinstall the program but the Yellow LED still solid.
what should i do ?
thank you