Problems with TWO flight controllers ???

schuh

Problems with TWO flight controllers ???

Post by schuh »

New to quadcopters and new to his board also. Looks like a fun forum.

I need some help with flight controllers. I originally purchased a MultiWii 328P Flight Controller from Hobby
King. I checked it out with MultiwiiConf before trying to fly with it. It appeared to be OK in the sense that
I could load different planes onto it and multiwiiconf would show the changes, But I could never get any
responses from the sensors. They just showed flatlines no matter how I moved the board. Also the error count
would count up to 32000+ and then restart from -32000 and count up again.

Thinking the board was partially broken (sensors), I ordered a Hobbypower MWC Multiwii Standard Se V2.5 from
Amazon. This time i just decided to put it in my quad and the quad flew fine. I wanted to make some changes
though (set angle mode) so i again hooked up the board to multiwiiconf and darned if I didn't get the same
thing !!! Sensors were flatlined and the error counter was going nuts as before.

I can't believe 2 multiwii boards have the same problem so it must be something I'm doing!

But what ????

And ... would the quad even fly at all if the sensors on the board wern't working ???

QuadBow

Re: Problems with TWO flight controllers ???

Post by QuadBow »

schuh wrote:I can't believe 2 multiwii boards have the same problem so it must be something I'm doing!

I don't believe that neither.

schuh wrote:And ... would the quad even fly at all if the sensors on the board wern't working ???

Yes, as least for 1 microsecond. Then you will have crashed your copter.

schuh wrote:But what ????

Go and ask your dealer how to configure the board.
Good luck with that. Hobbyking is not very generous when they should provide documentation.

crashlander

Post by crashlander »

The board is initialy loded with properly configured MWII and you later sensor configuration is wrong.
Find which sensors are actualy on board or try tem one by one (disable/comment board and uncoment single sensor at the time).

Regards
Andrej

schuh

Post by schuh »

Thanks all for your help. Turned out to be a bad USB cable !!!